Suggestion Thread. Your ideas here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Other thing I'd like to see is people in uniform in the towns other than the guards and recruiting officers. Officers strolling down the street, soldiers drinking in the taverns...

mcwiggum said:
Mr.Nock said:
MrMundy said:
Dynamic Seabattles with cannons on your ships (like in Brytenwalda but with moar FIREPOWA)

This would be amazing
Have either of you even played the Deluge mod?  :roll:

I have, more then anyone else, I am afraid. (atleast 100 Hours) Totaly loving the Galeaon Wars mode, espacily the Captain mode. Now it only needs to be ported into the Singleplayer.

mcwiggum said:
Mr.Nock said:
MrMundy said:
Dynamic Seabattles with cannons on your ships (like in Brytenwalda but with moar FIREPOWA)

This would be amazing
Have either of you even played the Deluge mod?  :roll:

Yes, and that is exactly why I would love to see ship battles set in the Napoleonic era.

These are some ideas that might sound too small or maybe even stupid, but they might change the experience for good.
1.Make it that when you join an army, instead of a crappy rifle, you get that army's uniform.
2.Make military depot more common, place them closer to the capital, make them have more ammunition and add uniforms based on which nation's depot it is.
3.Add more training fields.
4.Make it that when you start of a game, you get a pistol and a knife, and a pistol and a sword if you're noble, cause it's super annoying to not be able to defend you yourself from close quarters bandits on your first battle.

Maybe stealing, pardon me, borrowing; some of the code from the enhanced tourney mod to apply performance based "awards" to battles at large.  Call it medals maybe?  A little extra renown for excellent personal performance, especially since your promotions are based on renown gain?  Just a thought.

Here's a suggestion we've heard a lot of, so bear with me. Why not have a version of freelancer? (Don't worry,  I'm not your average noob begging for freelancer). 

What I'm thinking is this. When you enlist in the army, you choose a career path. I.e., upon enlisting you have the option to "join a cavalry regiment" or "join an infantry regiment." You then get equipment based on your rank, and each promotion gives you new equipment.

To start, if you are a private, you will be a member of a general's army. When you are promoted, (to Sergeant, for example) you are given command of a portion of the general's troops, say 20 men as a "company." Similar to the MP commander battles game mode, those men will be under your command during battles.

Also, once you reach a certain rank, maybe sergeant, you have the option to take your "company" and travel on your own as a "patrol." Eventually as an officer you will lead larger groups and become a lord of the faction. Until you are a commissioned officer, you would not be consider a lord, simply a soldier.

Mr.Nock said:
Here's a suggestion we've heard a lot of, so bear with me. Why not have a version of freelancer? (Don't worry,  I'm not your average noob begging for freelancer). 

What I'm thinking is this. When you enlist in the army, you choose a career path. I.e., upon enlisting you have the option to "join a cavalry regiment" or "join an infantry regiment." You then get equipment based on your rank, and each promotion gives you new equipment.

To start, if you are a private, you will be a member of a general's army. When you are promoted, (to Sergeant, for example) you are given command of a portion of the general's troops, say 20 men as a "company." Similar to the MP commander battles game mode, those men will be under your command during battles.

Also, once you reach a certain rank, maybe sergeant, you have the option to take your "company" and travel on your own as a "patrol." Eventually as an officer you will lead larger groups and become a lord of the faction. Until you are a commissioned officer, you would not be consider a lord, simply a soldier.

That's actually a really good idea. I'd love to see this implemented.

The equipment part is already mostly inplemented. You don't receive it directly but you can only buy equipment fit for your rank. Many soldiers back then had to pay for their equipment, if not directly, through a cut of their salary. And officers had to buy their uniforms and weapons for themselves.

HoJu said:
The equipment part is already mostly inplemented. You don't receive it directly but you can only buy equipment fit for your rank. Many soldiers back then had to pay for their equipment, if not directly, through a cut of their salary. And officers had to buy their uniforms and weapons for themselves.

Yes, that is true. Regarding the uniforms, I was thinking that you should have to choose a specific troop type, as in what type of infantry regiment you join, and that would be the uniform you would be restricted to. That would also be the troop type you would eventually command. To change your regiment, you would need the permission of your commander (would require a certain amount of relation).

Just a quick little suggestion here, how about adding Murat's Hussars.

AWcSeS5.jpg

lxZPRzl.jpg

FdCoi1y.jpg

r77Hca7.jpg

AQN57Tz.jpg

230vjh2.jpg

The Mighty McLovin said:
Just a quick little suggestion here, how about adding Murat's Hussars.

AWcSeS5.jpg

lxZPRzl.jpg

FdCoi1y.jpg

r77Hca7.jpg

AQN57Tz.jpg

230vjh2.jpg

If I recall correctly those uniforms were worn from 1811 to 1813. Since the mod is set in the year 1809 they won't be added.

The Mighty McLovin said:
I'll keep looking. Hard to find information on them.
Last month I found somewhere a recap of all laws and decrees promulgated during 1811 in the Kingdom of Naples, among those there were the descriptions of most of Murat's army.

I'll try to find it again

EDIT - I found it and I was mistaken, it is from January to June of 1813. For the interested: Link

Thin down the streets and/or make the shots into a marketplace/vendor island in the middle, with some decorative trees :smile:

Back
Top Bottom