[SUGGESTION] round time for Sieges (Poll)

Should the round time for sieges change?

• Yes. change it to 10 min.

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Yes. change it to 7-8 min.

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • No. 5 minutes are enough

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of the above, Please explain.

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

The exceeding arrow

Knight at Arms
Lately i have been hearing a lot of complains about the round time during a siege
many people think that 5 minutes just ain't enough to take a castle
and we all know it can be done within 1 - 2 minutes but that's not always the case and when the server is crowded.
people just want to play longer.
to me this sounds reasonable but i want to hear you opinion

my suggestion: Change the time of the siege server to 10 minutes

Kazzan said:
well it's the admins who decide but 8 minutes seems fair, though it will be hell for the defenders to defend that long.
Round time in EU 3 Manualblock is only 5 minutes and many people complain about it being to short
i usualy play as a defender and its realy more fun if its harder to defend then when you are just fighting recklesly to get a kill before the round is over

When the US siege servers are up, they're typically set up between 6-7 minutes and that seems to work fine. We experimented once with 10 minutes and found tthat was WAY too long. Something is seriously wrong if the attackers can't take the castle in 10 mintues

The exceeding arrow said:
Lately i have been hearing a lot of complains about the round time during a siege
many people think that 5 minutes just ain't enough to take a castle
and we all know it can be done within 1 - 2 minutes but that's not always the case and when the server is crowded.
people just want to play longer.
to me this sounds reasonable but i want to hear you opinion

my suggestion: Change the time of the siege server to 10 minutes

i also think 5 minutes is too short. let's face it, when the attackes take the castle in 1 2 minutes is because someone open a door/gate edit: and leaves it open,  and and attacker/s sneaked in and noone is paying attention to the flag.
Seawied86 said:
When the US siege servers are up, they're typically set up between 6-7 minutes and that seems to work fine. We experimented once with 10 minutes and found tthat was WAY too long. Something is seriously wrong if the attackers can't take the castle in 10 mintues

10 minutes i think would be great. and if attackers fail can it be because the defence team is formed of better player?

The exceeding arrow said:
Round time in EU 3 Manualblock is only 5 minutes and many people complain about it being to short
Shouldn't be, I set it to seven minutes on Saturday. Unless someone's went in and changed it. It was certainly still at 7 minutes this morning.

No point in coming up with a fixed time though. When you have 32 players per side then even ten minutes can be too little time. When you have 3 players per side then five minutes can be a drag. Seven minutes seems to be the best compromise, it's not overly long when you have fewer players and it's just long enough to give both sides a fair whack with more players.

7-8 minutes sounds good, though I did pick 10 minutes on the poll. I just personally don't like it if it's 5 minutes, or even 6. It's just not enough time.

There is one thing needed for Warband, and that's mostly warmup time when the server changes map, because there's that pause of not being able to select factions for like a good 10 seconds, as well as the whole "eh, I wanna be in this faction, but it's grayed out. I'm gonna wait" as well as selecting loadout. a 30-60 second warmup period, may be? Would be nice, but not incredibly needed.

Maximo_khan said:
10 minutes i think would be great. and if attackers fail can it be because the defence team is formed of better player?

I'm speaking from experience, and the only way an attacking team could fail with 10 minutes is if the attackers were completely inept. With exception to Castle 1, all siege maps have destroyable objects only intended to last a few minutes and provide defense until they are used up. And on castle 1, its mainly a struggle to keep that gate shut, because as soon as its opened, 3 out of 4 times the round is over in 30 seconds.

Like I've said previously, I've set servers to 10 minutes  as an experiment before, and only the most inept of inept attackers would ever lose. 5-8 minutes seems to be fair for either side.

7-8 minutes are fair... long enough to oget into castle and is not too long for defenders.
PS accidently voted 10 minutes :sad:

Back
Top Bottom