SP - Quests Suggestion: Mushroom Quest

Users who are viewing this thread

This would be a potential new quest for village headmen to give. Basically the village version of the 'Spy Party' quest, but on a slightly smaller scale.

Summary:
Headman (or other village notable) says that they have a sick relative and the local medicinal person needs a particular type of mushroom that grows in the area to make the medicine. They ask you to retrieve it and give you a break description of it. You then have to ride to a 'grove' of which there could be 3-4 in each village and pick the mushroom.
Pick the right one, and you get the 'Mushroom' item flag allowing you to return to the quest giver and deliver it. Pick the wrong one, and a tough enemy spawns nearby that you have to fight. Essentially you're getting high off the mushroom spores by mistake, if you pick the wrong one and fighting a phantom; also you spent too long fighting the phantom and fail the quest.

-Dialogue Example-
Headman: Oh, I'm sorry if I was a little distant there - you see, my wife's sister is laid up in bed with some kind of strange illness. By luck there is a traveling healer passing through who has offered to save her - but they need some kind of fungus to produce the cure.

Character: A fungus? Is it available around here? Maybe I could find it for you?

Headman: It is, actually, but the healer is too busy treating the woman to go out searching for it. If you'd be so kind as to bring me one, I'd be in your debt.

Character: Describe it to me and I, or one of my companions, can look for it.

Headman: Of course, it is [bulbous, flat, etc.], and I believe it [did or did not] have any spots on it, and it should be [yellow, purple, white, blue, etc.] in color.

Character: Is there any other way to get hold of one?

Headman: Well, if you're busy maybe one of your companions can take a few of your soldiers around to look or them? There's only a few places they might possibly grown, so it should take more than a few days to accomplish. [Either do it yourself, or a character with moderate Medicine skill can take a few soldiers along to do it.]

Success gets relationship with the notable and cash, as per usual.

But, as I said, if you fail then a strong enemy will spawn nearby. I would suggest to have it randomized as a type of bandit. Once you beat it then you get some dialogue about 'waking groggily a few hours later', maybe even have the force like 4-6 hours of 'waiting' on you if you fail.

Back
Top Bottom