SP - General [Suggestion] Mods that should be in the game by default

Users who are viewing this thread

I would so no to pretty much all of the mods that aren't quality of live or bug fixes. The game does not need to be easier. Feel free to play the game on easy mode with these mods but don't make everyone forced to play an easier game.

I do think that many of these changes actually are supposed to be implemented in the game at some point. Autoblock for example, which I see no reason to exclude from the game as an option.

Of course we do not know for sure since we don't have a roadmap of any kind... My main concern right know is with the physics. I don't want horses to slide and bounce through blobs of infantry like if they were Mr Fantastic, and I honestly don't even think that we should be able to walk through a packed 6-row thick line of out own infantry. Apart from the obvious game balance issues it breaks immersion completely for me.

Yell to Inspire can be replaced by a passive leadership aura which can boost some morale. The soldiers who are fighting close to their leader should have high morale. I don't like the idea that I have to use yell by myself.

I don't like the mod Forever-Young. This is totally against the original setting and it should not be in the game by default.
Many other mods such as Detailed Character Creation and Character Trainer can provide similar function. We dont really need an individual mod for this.

It would be good for improve the immersion too?

Prevent Escape
Modifies escape and barter of imprisoned nobles.

This mod has sliders (Fixed Launcher req'd) to adjust the chances of nobles escaping the player's party and/or dungeon, therefore effectively nullifying snowballing. It's still a WIP but I use it and I haven't had any escape. Plus, enemy leaders offer you cash to free them. It is a little buggy when it comes to the player being captured, but that's why I do my best not to get pinched.

Nah needs work -was dueling a guy in a tourney and it literally registered 0 points damage every swing -we were stuck in there forever -had to end game
I won't deny you this mod needs a tune-up; however what you mention I haven't experienced (challenging difficulty). Perhaps what I would modify would be in part a noticeable decrease in the bounce after the hit; right now it's too "powerful". That bounce is caused by the physics of inverse kinematics and I don't know if it can be modified eventually or if it is hardcoded.

Something in the lines of custom banners, desaturated or tier-based troop colors (only higher tier troops having faction colors and heraldry) combined with faction-colored settlement names to serve as a "political view" of the map, rather than the current simplistic clan banners that just switch colors when joining/defecting to another faction.
That's just seems as a lazy design IMO, and is an underestimatiom of the new players' IQ, if it was intended to serve them for "easier navigation on the map"

Feature of these two mods would be good for the game. Of course, not as rawly the mod it self. Like the camera change should be work by just holding an attack for each side on horse back.

The mounted slash camera makes no sense. It's fine with it just being a mod but come on. We don't need to make the game easier. Using short weapons on horseback SHOULD be hard.

The reason for that mod is because the way the game works, you have to look down to hit anyone on while on horseback. In reality that is not the case, plus other factors such as being able to lean to the sides, etc, thefore the game makes it artieficially difficult and unweildy to use one handed weapons on horseback.

Another excellent mod that should be part of native and really changed the way manual blocking works for the better:

The reason for that mod is because the way the game works, you have to look down to hit anyone on while on horseback. In reality that is not the case, plus other factors such as being able to lean to the sides, etc, thefore the game makes it artieficially difficult and unweildy to use one handed weapons on horseback.

Another excellent mod that should be part of native and really changed the way manual blocking works for the better:
Man i don't know what you are talking with with one handed weapons being unwieldy. It's called practice. At first i could not hit **** with one handed weapons but after playing the game for about 200 hours i can hit things perfectly fine without any problems. Mods like this just make the game easier when it doesn't need to be. It's fine has a mod but it should not be in the default game.

Back
Top Bottom