[suggestion] Get a mumble server up for RP

Users who are viewing this thread

Area VOIP, that is connected to the player character in-game. Easy inter-player communications. Mutable for the retards. Already kitted out for reg warband, but nobody uses it, and probably a easy compatibility fix.

Need I say more?

((3rd party program, but reliable.))

Laszlo said:
Mumble servers are already used. 22nd have a mumble server for their PWMOD, with subchannels for different factions. 

Not to mention the mighty GON mumble server in Australia, which has a PWMOD channel.

Plazek said:
We don't have mumble we have Teamspeak 3. However I would be interested in getting mumble...

Well, here you are

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=109998.0

We are already ready to use (Russian roleplayers) it for RP in Warband. Haven't actually played with it, but we tested it and it went pretty well.

We need one large mumble server for the 22nd PWmod server, where everyone is in one channel, with the area chat enabled, so its realistic, you can only talk to the people near you! This would be amazing, simply amazing. Warband needs a plugin for this, it would make it so much easier..

Bite Me said:
We need one large mumble server for the 22nd PWmod server, where everyone is in one channel, with the area chat enabled, so its realistic, you can only talk to the people near you! This would be amazing, simply amazing. Warband needs a plugin for this, it would make it so much easier..

How could it be easier?

Just install mumble and run... it has area chat enabled by default.

There's a thread in the multiplayer forum on how to set it up ideally.

Bite Me said:

Plugin? Why? It works with Warband. 3D positional thing works perfectly, as well as distance etc.
One bad thing - all setting are set up by users. At least we couldn't set up fixed settings for all ppl. It means, that user can set maximum distance = 1000 and he will be able to hear everything on the map. Though with 10+ ppl speaking at one time it will be hmm... quite difficult to comprehend ANYTHING  :mrgreen:

I quickly installed a mumble server on our box but haven't got around to set it up.

You can connect to the same Hostname/IP as our TS3 (ts.22nd.eu) with the default mumble port.

Also same admin pass as our FTP. If you want to configure it Biteme/ Plazek.

I can't test it yet i'm at the office.

Back
Top Bottom