Suggestion for troop losses vs looters

Users who are viewing this thread

I think it would be appropriate to have the first perk (or option of first perk) giving immunity to losing troops to looters. A similar perk could be had at skill 150 or 200, giving immunity to bandit types. I think it's okay that looters can get a few kills early on unless you have some tactics. It should be the first unlock though to not interrupt game flow.

Just to clarify. The perk would prevent deaths. I.e. deaths become wounds instead.

This makes for a nice early objective to unlock, and a bit of tactical knowledge meaning you don't lose troops vs a mob of disorganized peasants makes sense to me. Thoughts?

Is this even a problem? Genuine question.

I'm not going to claim I've never had a single troop die in a Looter battle. But I don't specifically remember it ever happening, either. If it has, it's been so rare as to be an insignificant consideration. Not just because they're inherently weak skill-wise. Most (not all) of the Looter weapons are blunt-damage types: various hammers, maces, rocks. (for context, I play on the middle setting: 2/3 dmg. I do play out most Looter battles manually, not auto-calc. Do Looters score a lot true "kills" vice wounds on Realistic?)

That said...such a perk for higher bandits would be awesome. Forest Bandit arrows be scary.

In the most recent beta looters annihilate even t5-t6 troops, unless you fight manually. It's quite disruptive. Though I came to think that it would make for a neat feature if your tactical skill could prevent such losses. Thus promoting some manual fights early on, up to tactical skill 25, at which point auto resolve becomes viable.

The perk would offer convenience, fit well with the skill and give an immediate short term goal. Giving the player a nice feeling of progress without being a huge power gain, but rather added convenience for leveling up tactics.

NO just delete what they did and paste what was there before so the looters don't kill your troops in sim battles.
Or don't and leave it alone and finish the game
It's just annoying that they bothered to change it at all when there's so many things that need work.
It a least gave some use to so many looters everywhere, now they're just annoying.
I don't want to fight looters when I start a game, I want real bandits that drop real gear.

Just make manual battles give xp to the whole party. Problem solved.
Yeah it's strange there's no exp share.

In the stable branch, not the beta, i found that having a companion as sourgeon improves a lot, I have still a lot of wounded (maybe to much) but almost non killed

I'm still not convinced Tactics or any of it's perks even work yet.

Also there's no way to level up your companions Leadership or Tactics far as I've noticed.

They'll gain a bit of Roguery when selling prisoners at towns while leading their own party though.

NO just delete what they did and paste what was there before so the looters don't kill your troops in sim battles.
Or don't and leave it alone and finish the game
It's just annoying that they bothered to change it at all when there's so many things that need work.
It a least gave some use to so many looters everywhere, now they're just annoying.
I don't want to fight looters when I start a game, I want real bandits that drop real gear.

Yeah it's strange there's no exp share.

They should have just left it as it was. I don't see a point in having troops die to looters in auto calc battles as they don't in manual battles either. It just gets very tedious fighting those tiny looter battles manually. Reduce the grind, don't increase it.

Back
Top Bottom