SUGESTIONS for beter PARTY & AI

Users who are viewing this thread

I know that some of these are allready in some lists, like formations, but this is my vision about how these things must to be done.

Party & AI
What I've noticed in the firs place is that all the party warriors have a bad customizations. For exemple Swadian Knights should have at least 1 point on POWER STRIKE skill  instead of 2 poins on POWER DRAW (!!!)
And I don't understand the meaning of party skills of my party warriors! They shouldn't have party skills. They are in MY party allready.

Here is the list:
1- I'd like to set all the skills of my party in the next relese or at least in the v1.0 (or at least they should have a rational customization).
2- posibility to choose weapons for my warriors. Maybe I want knights with polearms in first line for exemple.
2'- posibility to choose primary & secondary weapon for every man. Maybe I want that my warriors change polearms with swords after the first attak when they will lose their speed.
3- posibility to see the evolution chart/diagram/scheme (like in Dungeon Siege for exemple) in party menu at every man.
4- and an 3D viewport with the selected warrior from my party would be nice (if there is space)
5- my party should spawn in cusom formation preseted from myself in party menu. Not in a strange line sometime disposed upon the enemy.
6- men with crowsbows & bows should stay put when I say so. Not to run with all the party in to the battle.
7- So I need specific comands for specific tipes of warriors.
I need formation commands  like:
- stik together/close formation;
- rare formation (I don't know if is the right term);
- run in formation (preseted 1, 2, 3 in party menu maybe - formation tipes discussed allready);
- evasive formation (maybe like runing in circles and smack the bastards one by one)
- brake formation.
And tactics/logistic commands like:
- Ride easy!
- Run to death!
- Run and save your life! (like 'retreat' but in to battle. Maybe i'll attak them later)
- Overwrougt the enemy! (like a evasive tactic in order to tire the enemy - if there will be some fatigue/stamina discussed allready)
- Kill the M.F. now! :smile: hehe/ & with precaution :smile:
I need to set all these on what keys I want. Becouse every gamer will have his own prefereted tactics/logistics & formations.
8- different tipes of enemy should use tactics/logistics & formations based on their level.
9- when men with bows are on horse, they should run from close combat & run around the enemy.
10- sometime all my warriors are stucked in a stupid crowd. Even if they are on horse, they don't run from the crowd.

HORSES:
1- when a horse hit something at high speed like walls, trees, other horses, you should be thrown like a doll from his back.
2- horse trajectory shoud be dictated from the horse in certain situations. The horse is not blind & stupid even his rider is crazy. The horse should stop of one's own free will ahead the edge of precipice, ahead the wall, etc. He (the horse :smile: ) should avoid trees and other horses by his own will.
3- so the RIDING skill should change the rapport from "horse leading" & "rider leading". But the horse will allways have his own will.
4- The horse have limited reflexes (based on races also), so he cannot avoid colision all the time and this will be dictated by manoeuvre horse skill.

OTHER:
1- battle maps are sometime ineptly generated and I'm stuck in some strange reaver with 30ft walls on both sides (!!!). And many times there is an reaver in the midle even if in the big map is not.

....sorry for my bad english....

I wish that this list will not be ignorated by developers. It's a rezult of a great and vast game experience. I know very much about how a game must to be done to be successful. And this have a great advantage. It have the oportunity to be one of the next generation games that mix RPG action/hack&slash and RTS elements. With some graphical/comercial elements (not necesarily expensive ones) will be very succesful.

Brave_Lung said:
I know that some of these are allready in some lists, like formations, but this is my vision about how these things must to be done.

Party & AI
What I've noticed in the firs place is that all the party warriors have a bad customizations. For exemple Swadian Knights should have at least 1 point on POWER STRIKE skill  instead of 2 poins on POWER DRAW (!!!)
And I don't understand the meaning of party skills of my party warriors! They shouldn't have party skills. They are in MY party allready.

Here is the list:
1- I'd like to set all the skills of my party in the next relese or at least in the v1.0 (or at least they should have a rational customization).
2- posibility to choose weapons for my warriors. Maybe I want knights with polearms in first line for exemple.
2'- posibility to choose primary & secondary weapon for every man. Maybe I want that my warriors change polearms with swords after the first attak when they will lose their speed.
3- posibility to see the evolution chart/diagram/scheme (like in Dungeon Siege for exemple) in party menu at every man.
4- and an 3D viewport with the selected warrior from my party would be nice (if there is space)
5- my party should spawn in cusom formation preseted from myself in party menu. Not in a strange line sometime disposed upon the enemy.
6- men with crowsbows & bows should stay put when I say so. Not to run with all the party in to the battle.

- stik together/close formation;
- rare formation (I don't know if is the right term);
- run in formation (preseted 1, 2, 3 in party menu maybe - formation tipes discussed allready);
- evasive formation (maybe like runing in circles and smack the bastards one by one)
- brake formation.

- Ride easy!
- Run to death!
- Run and save your life! (like 'retreat' but in to battle. Maybe i'll attak them later)
- Overwrougt the enemy! (like a evasive tactic in order to tire the enemy - if there will be some fatigue/stamina discussed allready)

I need to set all these on what keys I want. Becouse every gamer will have his own prefereted tactics/logistics & formations.
8- different tipes of enemy should use tactics/logistics & formations based on their level.
9- when men with bows are on horse, they should run from close combat & run around the enemy.

10- sometime all my warriors are stucked in a stupid crowd. Even if they are on horse, they don't run from the crowd.

HORSES:
1- when a horse hit something at high speed like walls, trees, other horses, you should be thrown like a doll from his back.
2- horse trajectory shoud be dictated from the horse in certain situations. The horse is not blind & stupid even his rider is crazy. The horse should stop of one's own free will ahead the edge of precipice, ahead the wall, etc. He (the horse :smile: ) should avoid trees and other horses by his own will.
3- so the RIDING skill should change the rapport from "horse leading" & "rider leading". But the horse will allways have his own will.
4- The horse have limited reflexes (based on races also), so he cannot avoid colision all the time and this will be dictated by manoeuvre horse skill.

OTHER:
1- battle maps are sometime ineptly generated and I'm stuck in some strange reaver with 30ft walls on both sides (!!!). And many times there is an reaver in the midle even if in the big map is not.

I wish that this list will not be ignorated by developers. It's a rezult of a great and vast game experience. I know very much about how a game must to be done to be successful. And this have a great advantage. It have the oportunity to be one of the next generation games that mix RPG action/hack&slash and RTS elements. With some graphical/comercial elements (not necesarily expensive ones) will be very succesful.
Already well known, Search is your friend :grin:
They have those skills(Scouting, spotting, ect) so you dont have to spend points on them.  Theres no way you can get enough points to have all those yourself.  Use Borcha for scouting, spotting and pathfinding(maybe others too), and Marnid gets the 3 healing skills, maybe a couple others.
You mean every TYPE of person in your party!  I have 45 in mine right now, and I DONT want to got to each of them one at a time to make changes.  Otherwise I agree, that WOULD be nice.
This should help

Dont know what you mean
Already there, press F1 to command all, F2 for archers, F3 for infantry, and F4 for cavalry
Those type of commands would be nice to have(especially evasive).
Escape key, Options, Controls
Id like to stop losing archers that way.
Probably because they get "blocked in".  Its a realistic( and effective) tactic to reduce mobility of mounted troops
How would you run into it in the first place?  Wouldnt you see it in front of you?
There really arent any "precipices" in M&B battlefields, watch riderless horses, they DO avoid trees, and if they avoided other horses, how would you attack other mounter warriors?
Already there, thats why different breeds have different stats.
Thats happened to me too, but it CAN be a good thing, as most riverbanks can be climbed, albeit slowly.  Climb on side and place archers there, infantry slightly further downriver(on top of riverbank) behind archers, then have cavalry wait in river below infantry.  Maybe you just cant see it on the big map, they cant show every tree, rock and river on the world map.

ups. I didn't know about F1..F4 shotrcuts.
I know that riderless horses do avoid trees. Of cource their own will must be balanced to not avoid other horses from a long distance when are mounted. Anyway, horses trajectory are strange sometimes. It is a mater of AI.

nice scheme :wink: maybe it will be more complex in further versions.

I don't know how big is the share of party skills of my men.

P.S. I don't know were is  Borcha. Or others.

I agree with the tactic formation. Those should def be there.
Also the cavalery sould strive to escape the crowds they're stuck into.

Brave_Lung said:

Party & AI

Here is the list:
1- I'd like to set all the skills of my party in the next relese or at least in the v1.0 (or at least they should have a rational customization). Just a plain NO, play mods like the NPC character mod, there you got 27 npcs to customize all you'd like untill you get square eyes
2- posibility to choose weapons for my warriors. Maybe I want knights with polearms in first line for exemple. <-- Stupid decision as the ai sucks and Janus does seem a little bit too lazy to make an AI that would throw this game into competition with Oblivion and other great games, since the AI is the only real thing that stops this game from being great, and ofcourse we need an possibility to kneel with spears and such too, and lying on the ground to ambush enemies
<- You mean as popups when you hover over their name with your mouse?
6- men with crossbows & bows should stay put when I say so. Not to run with the whole party in to the battle.
- stick together/close formation;
- rare formation (I don't know if is the right term);  Do you mean Rear formation or Rank formation?
- brake formation.

ME: We should have this command for all infantry units with ranged weapons: KEEP FIRING!, STAND STILL!, DRAW YOUR WEAPONS!,
MEN KEEP YOUR DISTANCE! 

- Ride easy!
- Run to death!

OTHER:

You got an great english! better than the average forum member here  :mrgreen:
I like that you have summed up everything in here instead of all thoose seperate threads and post bull****, Here you can post the solutions and answers as the time goes by  :wink:

here i'm back (Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 182 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.)  :lol:

Don Jacobo said:
You got an great english! better than the average forum member here  :mrgreen:
I like that you have summed up everything in here instead of all thoose seperate threads and post bull****, Here you can post the solutions and answers as the time goes by  :wink:

lol, my english is crap, nice sarcasm. heh, this was my sugestions for a better game. It's obvious that im not the only one who have this kind of ideology - about how must be a great game. Nothing is perfect and most of the time we ask for more altough we are geting used with what we have or are given to us by others :razz:

end hell not, this is not a good topik, not with good sugestions eather i think :razz: .. the prouve is those 182 days...

Brave,

It is usually preferred when a person necros (posts something new) an old thread, they add something to the discussion that had been taking place.  Your post doesn't really 'add' anything.  Actually it doesn't even touch the topic of the thread other than the fact that it is old.  :shock:

Please, try and add something to an old thread or avoid posting in it.  Thanks.

Narcissus

Back
Top Bottom