Suddenly able to spec companions

Users who are viewing this thread

I just found a companion in a tavern that is NOT listed as a wanderer... and he has none of his levels devoted yet- I can completely pick where his focus and abilities etc. are spent...I can set up his stats as I like...

This is awesome..but I see it nowhere in any patch notes...

What's going on here?? lol

Did I miss something???

Also trade is still TOTALLY bugged....but I'm considering deleting the game for now and waiting a few months. The changes being made week to week completely make a new game each time and well... a lot of it is a grind and I'm kinda tired of restarting.

I just found a companion in a tavern that is NOT listed as a wanderer... and he has none of his levels devoted yet- I can completely pick where his focus and abilities etc. are spent...I can set up his stats as I like...

This is awesome..but I see it nowhere in any patch notes...

What's going on here?? lol

Did I miss something???

Also trade is still TOTALLY bugged....but I'm considering deleting the game for now and waiting a few months. The changes being made week to week completely make a new game each time and well... a lot of it is a grind and I'm kinda tired of restarting.
it's probably a bug, enjoy because it might be useful

I have come across a few wanderers that are not in the list never had one i could spec before though.
I use the respec companions mod anyway after getting tired of healer companions with only 2 intelligence.

I had this two times now in the last days. Since I added a mod for more ability points before that, I thought it might be the mod that causes this. Not so sure now anymore...

I always find a couple random companions that let you spec all their focus points and attributes. I'm guessing its a bug since its not the norm, but it really should be. Most of the companions come terribly spec'd.

The game has difficulty settings already as a balancing feature...why so much hardcoded nerf-grind mechanic???
Spending too much time on the game that isn't fun is a sure way to get us to decide to stop playing all-together.

Why can't companions be a bit more like recruit difficulty?? Like we choose do I want to grind for troops or just make it much easier to buy them. It's a choice we can make to set-up our own gameplay. you can grind favor and rep with locals in the troop-type you want and spend weeks finding troops...you can grind battles to level up troops...or you can set the recruit to easy and buy them. Actually even on easy it's a grind to get good troops. Just slightly less so.

I thought letting us choose or not choose how the companions level is a good thing. But I see now they could let us choose a lot more.. and I like that better. I suggested elsewhere they expand the meet and hire dialogue with companion and give us a way to influence stats through the question process or something they way we build a character...

hmm....I'm dissappointed now... Hoping/praying for a companion like this we can custom-spec....

Decisions decisions. Can we ever have more than 6? I got 6 right now at max and need to drop one to add this 'but'....but I'm thinking to restart and replay with next alpha update and get out of beta. Too many crashes.

The game has difficulty settings already as a balancing feature...why so much hardcoded nerf-grind mechanic???

Because when relations and such get added between characters due to traits, then if you could assign all stats you'd just recruit templates with good or relatable traits and never have to weight their relationships against their abilities (and race).

Also trade is still TOTALLY bugged...

People were having fun and making money playing as a merchant. Those two things are not allowed. In the finished game it will be impossible to play as a merchant or have any kind of fun.

Based on the progression of the "balancing" that is occurring I am certain that this is correct.

People were having fun and making money playing as a merchant. Those two things are not allowed. In the finished game it will be impossible to play as a merchant or have any kind of fun.

Based on the progression of the "balancing" that is occurring I am certain that this is correct.

Gold is a meaningless resource and they're making attempts at it not being being meaningless. Kinda hard to play as a trader when you're focusing on a useless resource, no?

I chucked a party when I got a companion I could make allocations for. They had default skills, but attributes, focus points and perks were selectable.

Sad panda that I've only had it happen once.

Gold is a meaningless resource and they're making attempts at it not being being meaningless. Kinda hard to play as a trader when you're focusing on a useless resource, no?
now its more useless
towns have a waaaay less limited gold and i find gold harder to get not because its harder to earn but because limits

Strange, I started as a trader for the first time in 1.3 and found it to be way more efficient than chasing bandits to get the first few 100k. Yeah, a few bugs are there(profit marks and trade XP gone after loading for example) but I would not call it broken.

Losing Xp every time you take a break is getting really annoying. They need to fix that ASAP. I only play for like 20 minutes or so at a time. Lots of saving and loading later. No trade Xp for me anymore.

Yep, couple lines of code.

Literal copy and paste from a post I made in another thread yesterday:

"Save data is a fickle thing. I agree that this being broken is annoying, and on the surface it looks like it should only take "A couple of lines of code" (tm) to fix - but the risk of messing with save data compatibility turns issue like this into a bigger deal, and I'm guessing that's why a fix for it hasn't made the cut yet."

Back
Top Bottom