Subversion - checking out the development version of the mod (161)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
'm planning on improving that, the slots 4 and 5, well I will have to use them.  There is no way around that.

Sounds good enough to me for now.

Something completly different although it's peanuts:
To have a sword right from the beginning is great but if with a strength less than 8 you end up with nothing but a xbow in your hand and a sword in your backpack. Lucky me shot him just in time. An extra knife would help a lot. Well, ...like said, it's peanuts. I might be wrong as well since I remember that I once started with some throwing daggers only and tried to press x with no effect. That time I didn't even had a sword in my backpack just a fish but despite the smell that bandit came closer and closer.  :roll:

Just had a quick look around in the SVN.
Looks great othr, the mod has come a looong way since I started complaining about the Norwegian troop names. :smile:
Especially love the new health bars!

A small niggle, but the loading screens look a little low resolution to me.
Is there something I can do to help with that ?

Found a scene bug at Ragnhildarholmr.
mb1v.jpg
Either it has sunk into the ground, or there's been allot of snow since last I played. :razz:

About categories. I am not sure how you do it Othr, as far as I am concerned you're a wizard who stupefies my simpleminded peasant self! But if there are remaining slots we can designate to a troop type and have their behavior adjust accordingly, and if it hasn't been done already - could skirmishers (javelineers & short ranged self bow types) have their own Ai behavior/slot?

I never like javelineers being put with archers since they are so short ranged either the archers end up risking their hides by approaching too close with the javelineers or the javelineers sit around while the archers stand at a distance. It'd be great if javelineers and short range archers could get their own niche, or javelineers simply be factored into the infantry?

I think in the end I will have to reserve 3 slots on top of the basic archers/infantry/cavalry ones, these are mainly for the AI.  You might be surprised that the AI and player party divisions are actually shared.  So if you manually create a group called 'My group' and put certain troops in it it affects the AI as well and the AI doesn't know what to do with 'My Group' so..

horse archers - this is really needed, suicidal horse archers are bad
spearmen - this unit I would like to use for 2 things, against cavalry charges and to offer shield protection for archers.  It makes no sense for archers to make a line without any sort of protection from shields.  I will detach them from 'archers' and the player will have full control over them, it's mainly for the AI
and possibly javelineers - their range is too short, they should make their approach when the order to charge is given and then join the infantry. Or actually, why not make them 'infantry'?  Much easier...

Amundr said:
Just had a quick look around in the SVN.
Looks great othr, the mod has come a looong way since I started complaining about the Norwegian troop names. :smile:
Especially love the new health bars!

A small niggle, but the loading screens look a little low resolution to me.
Is there something I can do to help with that ?

Found a scene bug at Ragnhildarholmr.
mb1v.jpg
Either it has sunk into the ground, or there's been allot of snow since last I played. :razz:

You could increase the size of the texture, I think it's 1280x1024?  someting like 1920x1200, just keep the same aspect ratio.

I got the same thing, but I was playing a saved game from another version. Did ye' start a new game after updating?

Yep, almost on a daily basis. In the end for debugging purposes only and for fun, of course. Don't ask why.

I never like javelineers being put with archers since they are so short ranged either the archers end up risking their hides by approaching too close with the javelineers or the javelineers sit around while the archers stand at a distance. It'd be great if javelineers and short range archers could get their own niche, or javelineers simply be factored into the infantry?

I usally simply put javelineers into a group manually. I guess you do so, too. Why another slot? Or do you have a special behaviour in mind?
That's why I am muttering about all the new preset slots. He screws all my habits.  :roll:

I think in the end I will have to reserve 3 slots on top of the basic archers/infantry/cavalry ones

Do they have to be on top or couldn't they be at the higher numbers? Or let me ask it this way: Does the game look for the name of a group or does it pick slot xy?

EDIT: How can I quote with a reference to the poster? All 3 quotes are from the last 3 posts and all by different posters but it looks like it is from one guy only.

Slots 0,1,2,3,4 are all mine, hands off.  :lol:

that is archers, infantry,cavalry, 3,4.  Start getting used to using the top ones ;P

mb3dv.jpg
Mechant: U wanna armour, mate?, (whispers): come here dun let the guards see

mb5k.jpg
Trainer at rome

mb1ov.jpg
the horse in the middle

mb14d.jpg
Spearmen: "Who the hell place unmoving chart here, u stupid bandits, come here and move around find another way
Bandit: No! u come here, we been settled for hundred hours

mb6f.jpg
the circled archer is stuck at rome training field

something that need a little fix, u know the location i guess

othr said:
and possibly javelineers - their range is too short, they should make their approach when the order to charge is given and then join the infantry. Or actually, why not make them 'infantry'?  Much easier...
That's how i managed to do, but it works until numbers stay low.

Once the army reaches good size there's always too many guys who end up in the third line and never use their javelins...

(At least once they charge)

othr said:
You could increase the size of the texture, I think it's 1280x1024?  someting like 1920x1200, just keep the same aspect ratio.

That's true, I will do that.
What I was talking about is these artefacts on both the loading screens and the main menu dds files.
Im pretty sure they are artefacts from the dds conversion process.
menuartefacts.png

Original
menuoriginal.png

Ive made a fixed dds file, but ill up the resolution on the loading screens before I send them all.

Fixed files are here.
Their size has increased though, so up to you othr if you want to try another compression method.

The loading screen are at 1600x1200 now so they should look a little crisper.

It would be nice to have different colors on the mini map during battles. It is pretty hard to find the red dots amongst all those purple dots.

Didn't find anything better to report today...

Btw. Mongols are awesome and quite a match for all these miles and ritters compared to the arabs. Although in this game the mongols lost 3 of their 4 cities and there is nothing much I can do for now. The marshal isn't recruiting new troops but lost his army and his fiefs I think and stays in his hiding place probably like forever. So I need a new update to screw my game. May be you can do something about it in future releases.
The AI for the horsearchers rocks! It is so much fun just to look at it. And all the new items, gives me all a big time. Would be nice to have the lords use this beautiful stuff as well.

EDIT: Alright, since I already mentioned that my marshal doesn't recruit anybody I just noticed that Berke Khan stays in the other castle for months. I ask what he is doin' and he says he needs to garrison this castle since it is poorly defended. But nothing happens, no recruits or more forces for 3 months by now.

I never checked out which one is the correct file. I took the one where another backup-file exists.

Berke stays at Perimysl or however you spell it and the marshal hides in Belgorod.
And here link: http://www.mediafire.com/?8ub92ry458b4xf8

Greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom