Resolved Sturgian Shock Troops don't have round shields

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm on beta 1.4 and i've noticed some Sturgian faction troops are no longer being equipped with round shields in battle.

The 1.3.0 notes said:

All Sturgian faction troops now use round shields. They also use shields that are more fitting to their level and abilities.

Here is my party screen:

6wXZNRT.jpg

Then here are my men in shield wall formation:

N0pbYTI.jpg

C6v00n7.jpg

The Veteran Warriors appear to spawn correctly with round shields. While my Shock Troops and Spearman spawn with very small not round shields.

Sorry to barge into your post like this but since the topic is Sturgian troops i have a question about them why are Sturgian veteran warriors and the upgraded beserkers considered as an Archer unit?
Everytime i give both of the units a order i can see in the bottom left corner of the screen "Archers advance" or whatever order i gave them im not sure if this is correct, i mean why would a heavily armored infantry unit behave and be considered an archer it dosent realy make much sense to me
I am playing on the 1.4 Beta version of the game.
thank you and again sorry for barging into your post like this

Sorry to barge into your post like this but since the topic is Sturgian troops i have a question about them why are Sturgian veteran warriors and the upgraded beserkers considered as an Archer unit?
Everytime i give both of the units a order i can see in the bottom left corner of the screen "Archers advance" or whatever order i gave them im not sure if this is correct, i mean why would a heavily armored infantry unit behave and be considered an archer it dosent realy make much sense to me
I am playing on the 1.4 Beta version of the game.
thank you and again sorry for barging into your post like this

It's because the Vets have Javelins. If they make up the bulk of the command group they will be treated like skirmishers. To change this behavior you have to turn off Fire at will, or do as I do and only use F1 for move orders.

Ok, That explains alot thank you :grin: the problem is everytime i get knocked out in combat they start well skirmishing and i end up loosing loads of troops becouse of it

Both Shock troops and Sturgian veterans have messed up shields - some of them have round ones some of them other ones. It seems they're now all messed up.

And the non round ones they get are particularly small, terrible shields

Yup. That's the cavarly version i think.
I'm not sure if that is connected but i can't find early/cheap versions of round shields in shops anymore. Just the expensive/late game/veteran versions. Cheap ones/ealry game ones i get only from murdering Sea Raiders.

One of the problems with Sturgian troops (I don't remember which higher tier units it was) is that a lot of soldier (If not all) has 3 possible loadouts. However some Sturgian troops have one load out (of the 3) (Inherited from the previous versions), which makes them carry very low tier armor and weapons, compared to the other 2 possible load-outs. This causes for some sturgian troops to get a load-out which actually is under their current tier. This is especially annoying with the higher tier soldiers, when you have a 33% chance to get a really bad load-out for an elite unit is killing..

Sorry i'm bumping this aswell, for me it appears that Sturgian Shock Troops don't have any shield at all :

In battle screenshot :

Should i make a separate thread or is that related to the same issue ?
As i was doing this i inspected all the soldier on the field and it appears that a few of them are missing shoulder equipment (from Aserai peasant to Sturgian Vet) is that related to load-outs previously mentioned and is that normal ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom