Stupid question about claimant relationship

Users who are viewing this thread

muranternet

Recruit
When doing the back a claimant quest with the claimant already in your party, does it matter what your relationship with the claimant is?  I noticed that when giving castles/villages to the other rebel lords that my claimant's relationship keeps dropping (i gave him one little village in the beginning to make him happy, but everyone else is up to either 4 small fiefs or one city), but there's no way I'm giving him a castle, or really anything else since he can't support or defend his own fiefs while he's trolling around in my party.  Is it possible for the claimant to leave you when his relationship drops too low?  Currently at -7 or thereabouts.

I don't know if he'll leave you, but he's the guy you'll end up working for once you complete the claimant quest.  He'll be the new king and will be dragging an army of 200+ with him and will follow the Marshal's (yours) orders, so it would be a good idea to keep him happy, or at least a positive relation with him.  Otherwise, he won't come when you call.

bloody gratitude eh, you're winning him a kingdom and he sulks about not having one poxy village, the nerve of them, i say you stick a dagger in his throat and call an end to this petty rebellion, the new king wll be no better than the last

Just give him a castle somewhere at the back of the your new world or even better in a corner, it will still auto garrison. Perhaps a town might be a better idea as it will generate a garrison of about 300 and it's unlikely to be attacked.

Myself I just assign all the Towns/castles/fifes equally but keeping a few strategic towns for myself, the claimants holding auto generate troops anyway and they give me no more trouble to keep that any other lords holdings. Just give him some stuff to stop his whining which is distracting you from the killing.

In a rebellion I usually do it this way:
[list type=decimal]
[*]I start as a member of the kingdom I want to rebell against.
[*]I conquer a city and ask for it. When I don't recieve it as a fief I end my oath and keep the city (and it's villages).
[*]I build up an army, usually 500+ men of medium or better ability.
[*]I search for the claimant and start his rebellion.
[*]I take an army of my best men and conquer the capital (holding of the king) and give it and it's villages to the claimant.
[*]I travel to the other cities and try persuade their lords to join the rebellion - they usually do (I do many quests for them).
[*]I travel to the castles and try to persuade their lords to join the rebellion - many of them do (quests).
[*]If the king is away on a warpath with many of the lords with only a village or no fief you can actually manage this rather fast.
I also send one lord to the capital and give him troops there to reinforce it's tiny garrison (remember number 3?).
[*]I siege the remaining castles and cities. I try to have one fiefless lord to receive each.
[*]When the king returns I try do single off some lords to either persuade them to join or defeat them.
[/list]
In my last game I had only three battles during the rebellion - sieging Tulga, a land battle against Sanjar Khan (and some lords) and sieging a castle (and it's lord).

Back
Top Bottom