Stellaris(new Paradox major title about space)

Users who are viewing this thread

1.3 and a new DLC is out, they seemingly overhauled the ship creator with such things as Point Defense having dedicated slots rather than using small slots, and stuff like that.

On an unrelated note, If anyone's interested, I made a minimod that lets you start on Mars.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=786351770

It seems that way, but on further inspection I noticed the Flak Battery and Flak Artillery are now medium slot weapons, and like before they're amped-up point defense. Swarm missiles are also medium slot weapons now, and their evasion stat is 200% so they're practically impossible to intercept with point defense, making them useful for the first time. Kinetic Batteries and Kinetic Artillery are still large slot weapons, so they can be mounted on destroyers, cruisers, and battleships just like before, and their power requirements were halved to reflect the fact that they're 1) kinetic and 2) not Extra Large weapons. The Extra Large variants are the Mega and Giga Cannons, which along with the Lance and Arc Emitter variants all require 100/120 power and have other restrictions (limited firing arc in front of the ship, only one mount possible per ship, battleships only). I thought we'd be seeing new weapons with the addition of Extra Large slots, but they just repurposed half of the Large-only weapons from before and gated them to battleships. It's uninspired at least, I was hoping for some serious game-changing, high-risk high-reward superweapons. I tend to forego the XL weapons in favor of two L weapons in the same place when I have kinetics, but with lasers it might be better to go with a lance. I wonder if they'll add an XL missile, or if I just haven't seen it. Some kind of scaled-up swarm missile wouldn't be bad, especially if it could fire at multiple targets at once (like arc emitters were supposed to).

So, with all that said, the only real change in flexibility is for torpedoes assuming you have access to flak. Torpedoes can only be mounted on corvettes and cruisers, but because they have a special slot now that means you can put Proton/Neutron Torpedoes on Corvettes (:!:) and cruisers aren't just pint-sized battleships. I'd say cruisers went from easily ignored stepping stones to the most adaptable ship type available. They also tend to sit in front of battleships but behind corvettes and destroyers, and they can mount point defense without sacrificing much offensive power making them a decent screen for your heavy hitting battleships if your corvette swarm dies. They're a jack-of-all-trades ship that's big enough to be relevant throughout the game, and because they're the biggest ship that gets torpedoes they can do things now that battleships can't.

Eeeeh, I use the mod that adds a ****load more ship classes. So I usually make dedicated PD frigates, and forgo cruisers for the heavier and more adaptable battlecruiser which has four  module slots. Also, a dreadnought can now mount two XL weapons. Which gives me the ability to mount both a lance AND a gigacannon. WHich is FUUUUUUN!

So... the "War in Heaven" event just kicked off and ruined my game :party: :party:
Had a glorious 75 year war - or well wars - going with my main rival and several opportunists that decided they wanted a piece of the cake and that were offended by my continuous purging of opponents' colonies.Anyway, I was finally making headway against the main guy and had occupied more than two systems AND had a decent fleet going when the retarded event fired and now I am at peace with them, they are subjects of one Fallen Empire and I get to pick a side or sit by and do nothing.

Well here we go, new game, no Fallen Empires. Lesson learned. :meh:

I actually decided to go a different way and set MTTH, fleet strength requirements and generic time limit before MTTH comes into effect to a point where they should maybe, hopefully in certain circumstances happen together with the crisis events. I hope. Maybe.
I also slightly lowered the chance of the War in Heaven/awakening event firing in the first place.

I guess it can be fun later but **** me that was unwelcome in that last save...
Barely unlocked Battleships and then the big guys **** all over everyone.

My Fallen Empires have only ever awoken at the beginning of end-game crises, so War in Heaven has necessarily only been after that in all of my games. You got screwed. :facepalm:

I accidentally map generation.
Result? 2/3 of all existing races were instantly obliterated due to spawning inside of each other.

I had forgotten how much fun this is... :iamamoron:

Compared to launch a lot of the painful stuff has been removed improved.
It still has some stuff where I can only shake my head in exasperation, but for most of those there are mods. Well for many of them at least.

Back
Top Bottom