SteamPunk Online ; OMG SCREENSHOTS OMG OMG

Users who are viewing this thread

Yea, Rej gave me permission to use it.

The point of the video is, well, almost EVERY game that I have looked up on youtube has had its own playlist created by another user for the music of said game. Why should SPO be any different? And why not start early?

As for the french flag, I like it. France is represented as Gallia in SPO(if that wasn't 100% obvious) and I kinda like it.

Some flags done by Revilo:

Revilo said:
Italia
italiat.png

Iberia
iberiam.png

Gallian Republic
gallianrepublic.png

Germania
germaniaq.png

Britannia
britannia.png

I just took the French flag and put the stripes as a diagonal and then threw in some fleur-de-lis and a cross of burgundy to highlight to religious/monarchic part of your France. Also tried to stay in simple geometric shapes that could be reduced in size but still be recognizable. I'll try a few others in a bit.

Gah! *smashes keyboard*

Its not responding to ANY script I put in involving the mouse button. Its frustrating. Its seems that its executing the script, but it only actually performs the actions at very random instances during the game. Its buggin' me as of course, we can all agree that when we want to attack, we want to be sure that it actually attacks.

So is there a faction list or anything? I would like to try my hand at creating a flag, however, i do not know much about the actions of Steampunk.

The Factions are really just present day countries with ancient Roman names.

Gaul(or Gallia) Is France
Britannia is Britain
Iberia is Spain
Italia is Italy
Germania is Germany

If a certain area or nation is not represented as a Roman name(Rome didn't control the entire world, just the areas in Europa and North Africa, I'll give it a common name. Russia might be represented as Siberia, for example.

Soon though I'll try to get a map of the world out(it takes place on a different planet) so you can all see the state of the planet and national names etc.

Could you possibly include America? Either as all o the seperate countries, or just as the continent. It would really be nice to see it in this game. I'd also be more than willing to make a flag for it. In fact, artifacts have been found, suggesting early failed Roman settlement in North America, such as anicient roman coins, clothing, and even architecture!

Hmm, whats your source for that?

EDIT: And yea, I guess America could be included. But I don't see much point in them as I don't plan for many outside nations to get involved in the Gallian War.

Ermm... history channel. I can't quite find you a direct source, but I've watched the show several times. Lemme see if I can find it somewhere on the web. My american history teacher also taught us this at the beggining of my Freshman year.

EDIT

Here's a link: http://paranormal.about.com/library/weekly/aa080700a.htm

There is also proof that the Vikings attempted to colonize North carolina, although they failed horribly.

Well, that was enlightening.

This changes a few things. I now have plans for two new factions. Lemme think of a name for them, and I'll explain some of how they'll tie into Serva and the Gallian War.

EDIT: Alright then.
When the New World was discovered, most people that settled there were citizens of countries in the Old World. There were no natives found there, just odd wildlife and beautiful landscapes. Life there was seen as a vacation and expeditions for research, money, money, gold, money, and silver. Roughly 50 years into the New World's discovery, a small group of explorers struck it rich. They were in a massive cave, and were lost in it, until they found a small section of the cave that "was lined with shiny bits as far as the eye could see" and got to work mining. The explorers were possibly the richest men on Serva, New World ores and metals were seen as very valuable, even if Old World equivalents had more practical use.

The expedition leader declared that they would give 1/10 to their masters, and keep the rest hidden. However, the rest of the explorers went into mutiny, and while the leader prepared to set sail back to Europa, they strangled him with ship rope. The small group of 32 men and 15 women, the explorer's cooks and wives, found themselves without a leader. They brought the ship ashore and used its wood to get small homes together, and got to work building settlements. Population increased there as more explorers found themselves lured into riches and glory. They joined the new nation: The Fordi.

The Fordi culture admires its history, and its mother country of Italia. The Italians do not share this admiration. They enjoy rum, cod, and hunting game. The Fordi are not very advanced, having just reached the Industrial Revolution. But they maintain their old culture, not wanting to let go of what they believe has worked so well for many centuries.

The Fordi were genetically descended from Italia. They created the very first of the New World nations. Its military would come to rely on infantry and navy. They view the Gallian War as a pointless one, and remain neutral. However, in fear that their country should someday go to war, they mobilize nonetheless.
(Represent the Vikings)
While the Fordi thrived in the Southeast, a fleet of pilgrims left their home countries in Eastern Europa and Asia to find freedom in the New World. Sick of religous persecution, they disembarked in the West Coast. Unlike the Fordi, they had no fortune of a nearby cave full of money. They invented paper currency for the first time. While other nations and empires scoffed when offered this money, it allowed the pilgrims to survive and build a civilization. They called themselves the Artinians. Their military was, and still is, very unprofessional, unorganized, and mostly foot soldiers. They have made peace with the Fordis after having themselves recognized as a nation. The Artinians watch the Gallians and Germanians(and their allies) fight, keeping a close eye using hundreds of spies all over the world. Information is relayed from one spy to another, and some even work together to steal technologies from other countries and get information on its leaders, cities, and military.

Artinia's culture is distinct from many others. Its people enjoy manipulating and deceiving their foes. While the Gallian Republic can be viewed as a power hungry one, the Artinian Republic is content with its place in the world, and none of its leaders have so far tried to control the entire landscape. While most of the population supports more territory, they face Fordi opposition.
Its spies, however, may have found a weakness in some of the stronger nations, as well as the weaker, that could be exploited...
Represent the US.

Pimple_of_Pixels said:
Gah! *smashes keyboard*

Its not responding to ANY script I put in involving the mouse button. Its frustrating. Its seems that its executing the script, but it only actually performs the actions at very random instances during the game. Its buggin' me as of course, we can all agree that when we want to attack, we want to be sure that it actually attacks.
sometimes the script doesnt work AFAIk.
Try just using the drag & drop for the mouse. Then change a variable to 1, and check for that variable in the step event.
That variable will act as the mouse click. :smile:

I made these for the Fordi. Take your pick on which one you prefer. The first one is brighter and more radiant. However the second one is darker, more gritty feeling, and textured.

Fordibanner.jpg
Sortatexturedfordithing.jpg

Back
Top Bottom