SteamPunk Online ; OMG SCREENSHOTS OMG OMG

Users who are viewing this thread

bgfan said:
It's still April 1st where he lives, correct?

funny :lol:

This isn't a joke.  We were talking on Skype for about an hour and he was explaining the reasons to me, even showing me video cam footage of his mom explaining it.

To hell with you for thinking that it's a joke.

EDIT: Edited to reduce douchebaggery.

damn... i'm sorry to here that. Didn't you actually have to give up on it once before? It would be much appreciated by me, and hopefully others, if you could keep all of the work you've done stored somewhere in case you find the time to resume the project in the future.

OK, I feel bad now. I can't handle tricking anyone into thinking that SPO was ever cancelled, it doesn't bode well for my psyche.

Guess what? Me and Mcb kinda sorta teamed up to make this a funny April Fool's Day. No, I'm not giving up SPO. IN fact, while I was busy laughing at bgfan for actually believing me(I did a poor job of convincing the way I see it) I in fact, worked on SPO A LOT. We made a lot of progress, and I promise the new alpha will arrive within a few days.

This new alpha is an even bigger thing then I promised. Not only will you get your first chance to try out the weapons and hear the music, you'll also get to see the much more powerful engine, which now includes:

- Double Jumping
- Slope Detection
- Faster Movement(and jumping)
- Stronger Gravity
- Allows for even more intelligent AI and pathfinding

Bug fixes from this engine include:
- You can't "climb" a wall by holding the jump button anymore
- You fall when you're supposed to fall.
- The character moves roughly twice as fast.
- The gravity is stronger, so it doesn't take eternity for you to hit the ground from a fall.

Overall, it now feels more like an online deathmatch game when I play. I tested this new engine, and believe me, its a huge revamp compared to our old one.

McBeverage said:
bgfan said:
It's still April 1st where he lives, correct?

funny :lol:

This isn't a joke.  We were talking on Skype for about an hour and he was explaining the reasons to me, even showing me video cam footage of his mom explaining it.

To hell with you for thinking that it's a joke.

EDIT: Edited to reduce douchebaggery.

lolfail, Beverage.

I saw your heinous crimes! Don't even try to cover them up!

The way McB reacted, was what sorta-convinced me, although I did kinda hold onto the hope that it was a joke. Damn you, the alpha better be excellent to make up for the torture you've put me through!

I was gonna wait for about 3 days, and then suddenly release the alpha after explaining that it was a joke, but I figured the wait was bad enough already.

Alright... well. The new alpha is finally 95% done. I fixed the left mouse button bug(that took most of my time) Added some stuff and fixed another movement bug. The final step is adding in... the enemy.

Some writers would be somewhat of a nice addition. The backstory is done, as well as the setting and some history, but there is still some story to be written. I have writers block for the epic singleplayer campaign(though I find myself with plenty of EPIC story stuff for other games. PAH!) So, I guess theres some writer slots open.

Game maker. Much better than people give it credit for, though this uses the older GM7 engine, which is a little on the slow side for multiplayer.

Back
Top Bottom