steam help

Users who are viewing this thread

danthegreat

Regular
can someone help me with downloading ive heard about trouble with downloading mods with steam so ive always tried to stay away from them but this one looks really good and i dont know what to do any help would be greatly appreciated

PS. very sorry if i posted this wrong place etc

When you download the mod, you unpack it (with f.e. 7zip or Winrar).

After that copy the mod folder containing the files into your module folder. It is located within your steam directory under steamapps/common/mountblade warband/Modules

Generally there are no problems with mods and steam, however sometimes there can be issues with the Steam Achievements causing crashes. If you encoutner crashes with Rigale, you might want to consider downloading the game from www.taleworlds.com. This does not cost you anything - You just need to rightclick the game in your steam library and get the game key there. Do NOT share this key with anyone.

unpack it? ive heard the term before but never actualy knew what to do with it. Im downloading it at http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2829

Those look like the same file downloaded three times. Open the first (without any number) with WinRar and copy the folder into your Modules folder.

I dont have Winrar I downloaded somthing like that a while ago and it destroyed my computer is there anyway around it?

really i really hate downloading stuff to many risks and my antivirus isnt exactly the best i only download a few mods since i worry about having to buy a new comp

ok just downloaded it and ill run th edownload with it but will the mod work wothout winrar downloaded on the computer cause id like to delete it once im done with it

As (EDIT:it) WinRar is not part of Mount&Blade Warband, yes. Yes it will.
But first you need to unpack Rigale. And for that you need WinRar or a similar unpacking program.

Use 7zip its better in every aspect: http://www.7-zip.org/
The file is also packed in 7zip as you can see from the archives ending - .7z

The mod will work as soon as you unpacked it and put it in the correct location. For unpacking you need a program to unpack - like 7zip.

And downloading a mod will not hack your computer. At least not any of the mods advertised in this forum. Malware is illegal and it would result in a permanent ban for the one who offered such a download link here.

yes i ran winrar i have a normal folder sign next to the Rigale V.0.7 but how do i run the mod?  When i run my warbands and click the dropdown Native is the only one that shows up does it just mess with the files in native or is it seperate

Back
Top Bottom