Broken Sprites after Steam Upload

Users who are viewing this thread

fatrod

Recruit
I am getting a lot of reports about broken images on the steam version of my mod (Europe 1100).

Specifically my custom logo and loading screens will fail to load, and instead will show the purple/black broken texture.

Does anyone know why this might be occurring? It does only seem to affect some users (not myself), and only on the Steam version (Nexus is fine).

So it must be something failing to upload to steam, or the files are blocked for some reason?

Any help would be appreciated.

Do you have a specific example file where it's known to be happening?
Yep its the ui_loading files.

So I assume its either the files or folders within:
AssetSources/GauntletUI

and/or

GUI/SpriteParts

Like I said only happens to some users...so its like steam blocks those folders for some users or something.

Hmm. You're just doing file replacements, right? No XML changes? If so... compare your new sprite graphics w/ the existing ones; maybe you're using a non-standard pixel size or something else that's messing up the PNG conversion when the game starts, or it's not loading because it's not correctly formatted and is causing an issue w/ some user's drivers, etc.

Well its the Steam upload itself that's breaking it. I upload the same files to Steam and Nexus and the Nexus version is fine. So something in the steam upload gets broken.

I'm just wondering if there's something going on w/ Steam, where it doesn't like large-resolution PNGs or something like that. I mean, otherwise... Steam's upload process is pretty much just like FTP'ing the mod, with a minor piece of metadata attached for the mod's ID, etc.

People also switch from the steam to the nexus version and it works...so you'd have to think its either the files not being there (which I can check), or the steam version not putting them in the right place 🤔

Back
Top Bottom