Statement regarding Plans for Singleplayer and Engine

Users who are viewing this thread

Main story really needs to be fixed plz.....
The game is almost 6 months old and I still can't get past "stop conspiracy"...

Main story really needs to be fixed plz.....
The game is almost 6 months old and I still can't get past "stop conspiracy"...
The story has never been an important part of Mount&Blade and most of us prefer it that way.

I would be very interested in seeing the devs post the current internal roadmap. This seems to be a bit outdated and a peek behind the curtain might make people that are feeling burned out a little more optimistic. Lots of pessimism, doom, and gloom over on the subreddit.

The story has never been an important part of Mount&Blade and most of us prefer it that way.

I would be very interested in seeing the devs post the current internal roadmap. This seems to be a bit outdated and a peek behind the curtain might make people that are feeling burned out a little more optimistic. Lots of pessimism, doom, and gloom over on the subreddit.

That's true. But doesn't this stop in main story block me from creating my own kingdom and not get declared war on after everytime I fail to stop the conspiracy?

That's true. But doesn't this stop in main story block me from creating my own kingdom and not get declared war on after everytime I fail to stop the conspiracy?
I'm not sure what you mean. The conspiracy quest starts after you've already formed your kingdom, does it not?

I'm not sure what you mean. The conspiracy quest starts after you've already formed your kingdom, does it not?
Yes, sorry I was unclear. What I mean is after i've created my kingdom I will constantly fail at the conspiracy quest and get declared war upon everytime. That sort of ruins everything imo. Don't get me wrong I love war in this game:grin: But I prefer not to be the maps punching bag and not be able to prevent it.

Yes, sorry I was unclear. What I mean is after i've created my kingdom I will constantly fail at the conspiracy quest and get declared war upon everytime. That sort of ruins everything imo. Don't get me wrong I love war in this game:grin: But I prefer not to be the maps punching bag and not be able to prevent it.
There's a mod that completes automatically every mission from the main storyline so you don't have do botter with those things

Any news regarding the plans for singleplayer? It would be nice to be updated just like the multiplayer one is

Hello. Will NPCs be able to take an initiative to interact with player? For example: initiate trading on their own. Have devs said anything about that or is it already implemented in some way? Thanks

This thread needs a ventilation renew ...

4005cdf6e046fe425bdb2bd8b7292a24.png

Warriors of Calradia,

Today we will be sharing some of our current singleplayer and engine related priorities with you.

Since the release of the game, we have been hard at work to improve stability and performance for our players. This will continue to be a top priority for us. Naturally, we are also working on other parts of the game. Below you will find a list of some of these:

Campaign

• Kingdom & Politics
    • A sandbox option that will allow players to create their own kingdom independent of the main storyline.
    • Kingdom Decisions for Declaring War and Making Peace.
    • Adjustments to Kingdom Policies.
  • Character System
    • New perks that will likely be added on a per skill basis. You can see the beginning of this in our latest beta version (e1.4.0).
    • Skill Progression & Effects Balancing
  • Issues and Quests
    • Adding New Quests
    • Improving the issue creation algorithm so that players are more likely to experience a broad scope of possible issue quests without sacrificing their ties to our ingame world.
  • Main Storyline Content
  • Execution Consequences
  • Map Conversation Improvements
  • Hideout Improvements
  • Simulation Health
    • Kingdom strengths
    • Clan resources (Money, Influence, Members)
    • Economy
  • Scene Notifications (f.e. executions)
  • Bug Fixes

Combat Missions

• Performance
    • AI performance optimizations
    • Formation system performance optimizations
    • Memory management improvements
  • AI
    • Battle formation AI and tactics overhaul
    • Siege tower and ladder usage fixes for AI
    • Additional fixes on siege battles
    • Agent AI combat enhancements
  • Improvements to the Order of Battle System
  • Improvements to the Order User Interface
  • Cheering
  • Ranged and mounted training NPCs for the tutorial scene.
  • Better support for modders in the sound system.
  • Bug Fixes

Art
  • Updating existing and creating new scenes
  • Updating existing and creating new equipment and other models
  • Adding new weapon parts for crafting
  • Creating new armor design concepts
  • Improving Animations
  • Facegen Polish / Improvements
  • Conversation Animations Polish
  • Improving Game Menu Art
  • World Map Improvements

Engine

• Performance
    • Overall FPS improvements for big field & siege battles
    • GPU optimizations for low end configs
    • Fixing spikes throughout the game
    • Preparing a new telemetry beta branch that should allow players with complex issues to provide us with additional data that will help us to track down and resolve the underlying problems.
  • Replay Editor
  • Modding Tools & Documentation

Other
  • Refactoring some campaign related classes.
  • Savegame cleanup and improvements
  • Localization support for dynamic text usage in some languages

Please keep in mind that these priorities are neither all-encompassing nor set in stone. We will adjust them if the need arises.

The game was working much better for me months ago when I could form an Army as NPC lords would recruit troops.

For 2 weeks now I can’t maintain Armies, rendering the game unplayable.

I didn’t play the game in April, but I’m assuming the functionality to form and maintain an Army has existed since day 1.

Is part of the development roadmap to maintain basic functionality of all the core systems?

Or can we continue to expect that as new content is added, existing (core) systems will break?

@Duh_TaleWorlds any thoughts?

The game was working much better for me months ago when I could form an Army as NPC lords would recruit troops.

For 2 weeks now I can’t maintain Armies, rendering the game unplayable.

I didn’t play the game in April, but I’m assuming the functionality to form and maintain an Army has existed since day 1.

Is part of the development roadmap to maintain basic functionality of all the core systems?

Or can we continue to expect that as new content is added, existing (core) systems will break?

@Duh_TaleWorlds any thoughts?

Olympeus for what it's worth, the way I maintain armies is by dismissing Lords from the army as their forces get too small, and then re-summoning them after they had time to rebuild their parties. Meanwhile I recruit from taverns and towns into my own party along the way, distributing my extra troops to my companions in the army (since you can give them your troops). You can pretty much go indefinitely this way, as long as you have enough lords to have some "foraging for troops" while you're pushing forward with the rest. Assuming you have enough influence to keep your cohesion up, of course.

Olympeus for what it's worth, the way I maintain armies is by dismissing Lords from the army as their forces get too small, and then re-summoning them after they had time to rebuild their parties. Meanwhile I recruit from taverns and towns into my own party along the way, distributing my extra troops to my companions in the army (since you can give them your troops). You can pretty much go indefinitely this way, as long as you have enough lords to have some "foraging for troops" while you're pushing forward with the rest. Assuming you have enough influence to keep your cohesion up, of course.
Thanks for feedback @Adryl. It is appreciated and good points.

Unfortunately the ability of the player to recruit in a settlement or village pales in comparison to the NPCs (I play on realistic, maybe it is different on other settings). For example, if I can recruit 3 troops, my clan party leaders may be able to recruit 9 or 12. For me to do the recruiting on behalf of the NPCs and then redistribute them to my Army is not a tenable solution for me.

It’s a workaround, but I can’t play that way.

The game is tedious enough.

Sorry, I forgot...this isn’t a “game”. It is an Early Access monetization scam where companies trick customers into paying money to test a pre-Alpha version of the “game”.

If you were dumb enough to buy into EA, then when you report the bugs the Devs literally tell you not to bother.

I have never done an “Early Access” and I can’t believe I was dumb enough to fall for it even once.

It depends on the context. If you just want to call an army and have it work and be maintained by the AI forever that is not intended. AI Clans may run out of funds, parties may run out of food and much the same is true for the food and recruits of settlements you may have chosen to visit.

If you have a savegame where you feel the lords should be recruiting but aren't, please share it and we will examine the situation.

Beyond that, yesterdays hotfix resolved a recent bug with player-led army recruitment.

@Duh_TaleWorlds @Callum could we please get an update on this roadmap? There are some features which were in Warband but are missing in Bannerlord, which I haven't seen the development team mention are making a return, and that's making me a bit anxious as to whether they've been forgotten. These features are:

* Feasts hostable by player and AI lords
* Ability to tell AI allied lords to go somewhere and attack/defend a location without you being present
* Manhunters and Deserters as roaming map entities
* Companions with fixed names and personalities (alongside the existing randomly generated ones)
* Fighting your way out in civilian outfit when failing to sneak into enemy-held locations
* Prison Break quest
* Denounce a Lord/Intrigue quest
* Village improvements (manors, messenger posts, schools)
* Courtship features: repeat visits, learning a potential lover's personality through gossip, eloping, dedicating tournament victories to them
* Lords challenging you to duels if you insult their honor or are competing with you for a lady's affections
* Books that can be purchased and read over time to gain levels in a specific skill
* Actual red "ginger" hair (not present - bugged?), fruits/chicken/pork/sausages/bread/spice
* Multi-stage siege battles where AI or player can choose to retreat to the keep if they lose the walls

Last edited:
@Duh_TaleWorlds @Callum could we please get an update on this roadmap? There are some features which were in Warband but are missing in Bannerlord, which I haven't seen the development team mention are making a return, and that's making me a bit anxious as to whether they've been forgotten. These features are:

* Feasts hostable by player and AI lords
* Ability to tell AI allied lords to go somewhere and attack/defend a location without you being present
* Manhunters and Deserters as roaming map entities
* Companions with fixed names and personalities (alongside the existing randomly generated ones)
* Fighting your way out in civilian outfit when failing to sneak into enemy-held locations
* Prison Break quest
* Denounce a Lord/Intrigue quest
* Village improvements (manors, messenger posts, schools)
* Courtship features: repeat visits, learning a potential lover's personality through gossip, eloping, dedicating tournament victories to them
* Lords challenging you to duels if you insult their honor or are competing with you for a lady's affections
* Books that can be purchased and read over time to gain levels in a specific skill
* Actual red "ginger" hair (not present - bugged?), fruits/chicken/pork/sausages/bread/spice
* Multi-stage siege battles where AI or player can choose to retreat to the keep if they lose the walls
I think that these features would make Bannerlord much better, because even the little details here count as much as the bigger features that are not in Bannerlord.

I think that these features would make Bannerlord much better, because even the little details here count as much as the bigger features that are not in Bannerlord.
give them time bro and I sure u bannerlord be very cool game you can't stop playing it this is an early access game, not a full game

Back
Top Bottom