Statement Regarding Plans For MP

Users who are viewing this thread

The way beta branch is handled is pathetic for multiplayer. We have been sitting down on Xauna changes for 2 weeks without being able to test it, when the changes are there already, because single player and multiplayer have to be updated together. So next patch, we will get **** all except from Xauna changes and some minor things. The big things like rebalances, if any, will be in the beta branch which we still not be able to test probably. This is chicken-progression pace on the development of the game. I personally dont see the MP surviving more than 1-2 months. Especially when Valorant comes out, summer hits, corona lockdowns end.

I mean, broadly it is as simple as that, I guess what you mean is that in order to push changes to live it needs to go through a more formal process involving other teams due to the impact they have on other aspects of the game, and people signing off etc. Obviously that takes a lot of time, but that's why I and many others asked for a more agile testing process where we can experiment more freely and process changes more quickly. Sitting on slight modifications of combat for weeks/months because of the process, is indicative of flaws within that process, especially if when those modifications do reach the players they are rejected and outstanding issues are pointed out very quickly, causing the whole thing to restart.

This is basically what happened in beta and why, despite some progress, many felt it was much too little and far too slow.

I'd propose instead we have some form of beta patch testing focused on combat where we can very quickly see changes, test them, suggest further changes, test them, in an iterative process that means we test far more changes in a timespan of weeks rather than very few changes in a timespan of months. The results of these tests can then be submitted to the more lengthy and formal process.
Preach.
Any statement on this, Taleworlds?

Who are you asking dude?
Are you thinking @AVRC will reply with specific answer?
Maybe @Callum will come back to tell us something interesting?
@MArdA TaleWorlds Is answering to community questions is a part of community support? If not, what kind is it?
Oh, maybe we should ask OP, maybe he forgot that he started this topic? @Klebari
If they can't say anything it means king @armagan do nothing more than Warband V2 for 8 years. - 8 years of work and they gave us downgraded combat and BIG MATCHMAKING without basic things which make matchmaking... matchmaking? xD

They can't write statement about SA servers and you expected statement to this? Ups. maybe they forgot and they are really hard working, especially @armagan his "8 years of hard working" on this what we get now is so magnificent :love::love: Maybe they are planning on working on next game, Mount & Blade 3 will be announced for 2030. 10 years plan like in Soviet Union.

Who are you asking dude?
Are you thinking @AVRC will reply with specific answer?
Maybe @Callum will come back to tell us something interesting?
@MArdA TaleWorlds Is answering to community questions is a part of community support? If not, what kind is it?
Oh, maybe we should ask OP, maybe he forgot that he started this topic? @Klebari
If they can't say anything it means king @armagan do nothing more than Warband V2 for 8 years. - 8 years of work and they gave us downgraded combat and BIG MATCHMAKING without basic things which make matchmaking... matchmaking? xD

They can't write statement about SA servers and you expected statement to this? Ups. maybe they forgot and they are really hard working, especially @armagan his "8 years of hard working" on this what we get now is so magnificent :love::love: Maybe they are planning on working on next game, Mount & Blade 3 will be announced for 2030. 10 years plan like in Soviet Union.
its for the strategic management...

idk its not like there are any open questions at the moment, so they probably dont see the need to answer, especially to obvious troll posts

idk its not like there are any open questions at the moment, so they probably dont see the need to answer, especially to obvious troll posts

Excuse you? There's no open questions? Aside from OGL's excellent idea of actual early access development? Taleworlds is handling Early Access like an excuse to sell the game (for the full price, I should note) before it's finished, and then makes some vague promises about what's to come that nobody cares about, and then goes back to their usual approach of stonewalling and "maybe we'll tell you what we worked on the past 5 months half a day before we release it, but don't expect it to make changes where they're needed!" nonsense while the game dies around them.

No open questions? Aside from:
  • What is the current progress on duel?
  • On battle?
  • On server sizes?
  • We still can't play with groups larger than 6 people.
  • Why are you not moving Siege to custom servers in all regions?
  • How far along are the server files?
Until you can answer those questions, this is not a roadmap, just damage control.
Which is from this very thread, I might add, but was never addressed by the developers. They refuse to even answer whether they're working on Battle mode. Why? They can't not have already decided whether to include it or not. But they won't tell, for some ridiculous reason that's beyond my comprehension. The only thing we get is "we're working on a single-life gamemode", which is about as clear a statement as TW ever makes, and even then a thick fog-bank is clearer than that nonsense.

Here's an incomplete list of things we still don't have a straight answer to:
  • Why is it taking 11 months to make a duel game mode?
  • How do you plan to let larger groups play together?
  • At what stage in development are we getting dedicated servers?
  • Are you making Battle mode?
  • Why hasn't Siege moved out of matchmaking?
  • Why do you still think the class system works in all gamemodes when it has shown to do the exact opposite of what it set out to do?
  • Why are you not using your community as testers to speed up the development cycle?
At best, we get "we're working on a clan-based server solution" which tells us absolutely nothing, or the garbage that is the OP of this thread which addresses none of the actual questions of the community, and only gives vague promises of fringe features that won't have an impact on how the game plays, and even those don't get anything close to a timeline.

So no open questions? Get real. Taleworlds hasn't given more than a handful of straight answers about multiplayer since the Alpha started.

Last edited:
Excuse you? There's no open questions? Aside from OGL's excellent idea of actual early access development? Taleworlds is handling Early Access like an excuse to sell the game (for the full price, I should note) before it's finished, and then makes some vague promises about what's to come that nobody cares about, and then goes back to their usual approach of stonewalling and "maybe we'll tell you what we worked on the past 5 months half a day before we release it, but don't expect it to make changes where they're needed!" nonsense while the game dies around them.

Which is from this very thread, I might add, but was never addressed by the developers. They refuse to even acknowledge that they're working on Battle mode. Why? They can't not have already decided whether to include it or not? But they won't tell, for some ridiculous reason that's beyond my comprehension. The only thing we get is "we're working on a single-life gamemode", which is about as clear a statement as TW ever makes, and even then a thick fog-bank is clearer than that nonsense.

• Why do you still think the class system works in all gamemodes when it has shown to do the exact opposite of what it set out to do?
  • Why are you not using your community as testers to speed up the development cycle?
At best, we get "we're working on a clan-based server solution" which tells us absolutely nothing, or the garbage that is the OP of this thread which addresses none of the actual questions of the community, and only gives vague promises of fringe features that won't have an impact on how the game plays, and even those don't get anything close to a timeline.

So no open questions? Get real. Taleworlds hasn't given more than a handful of straight answers about multiplayer since the Alpha started.
Because no one is working on it. We got a temporary solution at the moment, i would prefer if it was DM instead of TDM.

They stated that they are working on a field battle mode similar to siege.

Personally i think that bigger player groups should be able to play through the server browser. They could just make 20v20 skirmish battles and test that in the server browser; to allow for bigger battles for now.

At release. The servers are not stable at the moment and lack alot of infrastructure. Just look at the siege servers.

Due to its nature of one round + kick, to get players into starting matches and fill the servers efficiently.
I personally think it should not kick people of the server after the round and should be in the server browser as well, same with TDM. (this will allow bigger parties to play on siege together)

This already got discussed 10 times by now. It has it Pros and Cons.

They are reading the forum and feedback in the technical section. Compared to other devs from other big games they are communicating a lot, they need to actually work as well.

Last edited:

Which is from this very thread, I might add, but was never addressed by the developers. They refuse to even answer whether they're working on Battle mode. Why? They can't not have already decided whether to include it or not. But they won't tell, for some ridiculous reason that's beyond my comprehension. The only thing we get is "we're working on a single-life gamemode", which is about as clear a statement as TW ever makes, and even then a thick fog-bank is clearer than that nonsense.

giphy.gif

Haha Caps, you're meme already
He is a meme

Because no one is working on it. We got a temporary solution at the moment, i would prefer if it was DM instead of TDM.

They stated that they are working on a field battle mode similar to siege.
Bigger player groups should be able to play through the server browser. They could just make 20v20 skirmish battles and test that in the server browser; to allow for bigger battles for now.

At release. The servers are not stable at the moment and lack alot of infrastructure. Just look at the siege servers.

Due to its nature of one round + kick, to get players into starting matches and fill the servers efficiently.
I personally think it should not kick people of the server after the round and should be in the server browser as well, same with TDM. (this will allow bigger parties to play on siege together)

This already got discussed 10 times by now. It has it Pros and Cons live with it kid.

They are reading the forum and feedback in the technical section. Compared to other devs from other big games they are communicating alot, they need to actually work as well.
Find the exact quotes instead of talking out of your arse

It has it Pros and Cons live with it kid.
just search them urself lol

Thanks, that's all I needed to hear to know I don't need to take you seriously anymore. As for the rest of these answers: how much of this has actually been confirmed? Because I've been involved with this for almost a year now, and I keep up with what's been confirmed. If any of these questions had been given a straight answer, I would not have posted them.

Compared to other devs from other big games they are communicating a lot, they need to actually work as well.
Bull****. Any game company worth their salt with an early access game has massively better communication than this.

Yeah calling people kids is gonna make em see your point...
probably not but even if i argumented and explained everything with sources it wouldnt matter, everyday theres a new class thread popping up from the same 5 people

the forum has a search function, TW is not posting anything anywhere central, its a fkin chaos even the server maintenance patchnotes etc.

probably not but even if i argumented and explained everything with sources it wouldnt matter, everyday theres a new class thread popping up from the same 5 people
I must be on the wrong board because i see today exactly one thread has been made about something not about class system ? ? ?

Bull****. Any game company worth their salt with an early access game has massively better communication than this.
you mean indie devs? the dark age devs are very active on their discord. But im talking about bigger companies. TW devs respond on the forum, discord and jump into skirmish matches with players here and then.

you mean indie devs? the dark age devs are very active on their discord. But im talking about bigger companies. TW devs respond on the forum, discord and jump into skirmish matches with players here and then.
Plenty of medium size companies communicate, one of the best examples as i said before is coffee stain. Which had (they have a second now) one community manager that was both a developer and did part-time community managing but does a ****ing great job at communicating with the community while also having to make the game.

Also you should come on the discord and see how well it goes over there ?
Only a few devs are not afraid of talking in there and massive respect to them for that. They are doing things that the community manager is supposed to do but i have not seen Callum in ages

Plenty of medium size companies communicate, one of the best examples as i said before is coffee stain. Which had (they have a second now) one community manager that was both a developer and did part-time community managing but does a ****ing great job at communicating with the community while also having to make the game.

Also you should come on the discord and see how well it goes over there ?
Only a few devs are not afraid of talking in there and massive respect to them for that. They are doing things that the community manager is supposed to do but i have not seen Callum in ages
Well one example does not necessarily proves that (deep rock is a great and original game) Personally i think that there should be a lot of communication in software projects following the research of open innovation and KM. The more feedback the firm gets the better the product turns out. Plus what you and i know is not the end of all, they seem to be in contact with Noudelle at least to some point.

About Callum just count 1+1 together...We currently have one of the biggest epidemics in history, either hes sick himself or needs to take care of a family member or its funeral, so try to be a bit respectful, especially since we dont have any knowledge about it. (its some of the reasons why a company gives days off) I highly doubt they just go radio silent out of choice. Normally its better to not just run around and scream like an idiot.

Well one example does not necessarily proves that (deep rock is a great and original game) Personally i think that there should be a lot of communication in software projects following the research of open innovation and KM. The more feedback the get the better for the game in the end. Plus what you and i know is not the end of all, they seem to be in contact with Noudelle at least to some point.

About Callum just count 1+1 together...We currently have one of the biggest epidemics in history, either hes sick himself or needs to take care of a family member or its funeral, so try to be a bit respectful, especially since we dont have any knowledge about it. (its some of the reasons why a company gives days off) I highly doubt they just go radio silent out of choice. Normally its better to not just run around and scream like an idiot.
You pretend like it has not been radio silence for ages. Callum should at least announce his leave on the discord or on the forums because he did not mention any of this. We had to know this about other devs and most of the people probably don't even know he is on leave.

It's the same thing about the dev blogs, people were assuming some things about turkey going to war and Callum had to do things while it had nothing to do with it.

Taleworlds needs to hire a second community manager if callum can't always be there its simple as that.

Back
Top Bottom