Statement Regarding Plans For MP

Users who are viewing this thread

Noudelle just posted the possible 1.5 patchnotes even some of the changes arent that great, but some go in the right direction. 1.4.1 has bugs in singleplayer and pressing issues so since sp has priority i think you can think of the rest.
SP has priority from 2 months so why they didn't changed most important things in multiplayer, get normal matchmaking to not discourage people? What kind of problem is to give more detailed plans for future? If they got asked many times it would be cool to write some INFO, it looks like an kind of punishment that they have to do this game or have an own forum to this game, I don't get it. They were writing before about inviting community to make this game better, it sounds so sweet, "We are the game, devs and players together", but finally you got something like discussion about class/customisation system. I know there were and there are other topics where it's the same - it's only the best example, where bunch of people gave so many arguments for custom eq system, because they got involved in game's process, but at the end truth came out - their ego is higher than players expectations and if they chose this way, this way is a good one.

Thank you, Prussak, for further explaining my point. The types of comments you copy here are exactly what I'm talking about. Vague statements that end up telling us nothing. I'm sure AVRC would like to be more specific in his replies but for some reason isn't allowed to, which is where my astonishment comes from.
And Caps, please read Younes' last comment carefully about toxicity. We tried being constructive for months, and nothing came of it. When we point this out, it is ignored. Now I point it out again, more sternly, in a stickied dev post, and it will likely be ignored again.
Taleworlds' standard response to feedback that doesn't align with what they planned 5 years ago is "that's not what we want so we don't see why we should". Then when we explain, in meticulous detail, why we think some of their ideas are bad, we never get a further reply. I'm sure they read it, but nothing then comes of it.
That is why there's not reason for you to jump to their defense here. Nobody gains anything from it.

Edit: also, sorry to out Noudelle once again, but those "patch notes" are fake. Don't use that as an argument that there's a line of communication, because it's false.
I made a lot of those feedback threads myself, AVRC said they will start on MP so i think its only fair to give them one more month. We saw the toggle for realistic blocking for example so we know they are working at least on the block.

Like i said several times i saw where the toxicity ended in another game and i dont want this to go down the same road, even if it should be TW responsibility to maintain a positive atmosphere.

By the way, congratulations, you used as an argument possible patchnotes from non developer users friend. Have you believe in ghosts my son? My fathers friends aunt...
I didnt know that noudelles post is fake, well some of the notes were weird but he seemed like someone trustworthy.

I agree that actual toxicity doesn't achieve anything. That's also not what I'm trying to do with my posts. I'm not trying to just **** all over the devs or anything, call them incompetent, or any of that. I'm simply calling out the fact that Taleworlds is bad at communicating with the community, and trying (perhaps in vain) to get them to start improving by pointing out what kind of communication from them would allow us to finally move on from problems we've had since the alpha.
I don't see that as toxicity, though my tone has shifted away from the positive due to my frustration.

I don't judge Noudelle's information, maybe he is right, maybe not, does he got punished if not? No, people will forget on next day. It isn't a problem, we are writing about lack of communication from devs about getting information and you are using someone's friend from TW leak as an argument. Don't you see?
One more month? Which one is it now? 3rd will start? Do I have to count Beta or not? Alfa?

One more month for what? For their work? What is it, I understand what AVRC posted on forum, I can read, but what kind of MP works? I pointed out their key words so you don't need to repeat same empty phrases like circus monkey, this thread was for get more detailed information.

Who is toxic here? People who paid them money to get this EA game, who know this is EA game, it isn' the problem, I know, you know, the others, e.g. combat isn' good, I was reading combat suggestions where people gave their free time to check this out and help, they would like to have a game for next thousand of hours like we had in Warband, they made tons of sugestions non profit and at the end they didn't get answered.

Are they toxic? They left this for now or for ages, who knows, they can't be toxic here because Taleworlds has been already pissed on them in the past and they don't want to waste more time.

tfw Ur realised during very early closed alpha that the devs won't fix the game in the way warband players want it to be and switched to Dota 2, idk guys what are you still fighting for lol, it's literally pointless and it was clear since start of alpha

SP has priority from 2 months so why they didn't changed most important things in multiplayer, get normal matchmaking to not discourage people? What kind of problem is to give more detailed plans for future? If they got asked many times it would be cool to write some INFO, it looks like an kind of punishment that they have to do this game or have an own forum to this game, I don't get it. They were writing before about inviting community to make this game better, it sounds so sweet, "We are the game, devs and players together", but finally you got something like discussion about class/customisation system. I know there were and there are other topics where it's the same - it's only the best example, where bunch of people gave so many arguments for custom eq system, because they got involved in game's process, but at the end truth came out - their ego is higher than players expectations and if they chose this way, this way is a good one.
With the current player base still active in MP I'd say just leave it at SP focus anyway. I don't think that you can repair the damage with one patch or two. You might need more than one and even that might not bring back some people. A good example is the european duel server. When it was launched it was constantly full, everyone was trying it out. Yeah, now it's empty. Skirmish Queue, Siege Queue and Captain's Queue are nearly the same. You can wait quite long for a game if you're not playing on prime time.

To actually get back some players something needs to be done and that rather quickly.

Everyday the game degrades to a more degenerate state with premades being matched against solos, archer/cav meta, unreliable mechanics and bugs that are ****ing pathetic considering the game has been in a beta phase. Cheese mechanics and no class limits (class limits should be a given, considering archetypes should NEVER be able to be spammed, even though it angers players, games like overwatch and other successful class-based games have limits because obviously non-limited archer/cav will always lead to dog**** gameplay). It cannot be fixed, the developers throw ''we test things'' in the air like they did not do that before and totally destroyed the feeling of the game. Nah, my trust is gone from TW. They should stick to SP games. CRPG2 might save a portion of the community but we all know that mods never get any good majority of players, most play native. With all of these in mind and the clear denial of developers who want to enforce a class system nobody likes because they are napoleonic war kids, the game is doomed. And the upcoming tournament will really show the degenerate state of the game. I can't wait to laugh at how teams will force infantry fights (aka gank 1 person who is outranged) and then the cavalry will come behind for a cheap kill. It's going to be a glorious slap in the face of the multiplayer development team. 21 days without patch by the way.

Last edited:
Everyday the game degrades to a more degenerate state with premades being matched against solos, archer/cav meta, unreliable mechanics and bugs that are ****ing pathetic considering the game has been in a beta phase. Cheese mechanics and no class limits (class limits should be a given, considering archetypes should NEVER be able to be spammed, even though it angers players, games like overwatch and other successful class-based games have limits because obviously non-limited archer/cav will always lead to dog**** gameplay). It cannot be fixed, the developers throw ''we test things'' in the air like they did not do that before and totally destroyed the feeling of the game. Nah, my trust is gone from TW. They should stick to SP games. CRPG2 might save a portion of the community but we all know that mods never get any good majority of players, most play native. With all of these in mind and the clear denial of developers who want to enforce a class system nobody likes because they are napoleonic war kids, the game is doomed. And the upcoming tournament will really show the degenerate state of the game. I can't wait to laugh at how teams will force infantry fights (aka gank 1 person who is outranged) and then the cavalry will come behind for a cheap kill. It's going to be a glorious slap in the face of the multiplayer development team. 21 days without patch by the way.
As one of the tournament admins I want to adress the latter part to at least some extent.

Please note that a class restriction poll is on the way and I hope the developers will take note of it that we might restrict the "OP classes" because of the balancing atm. I hope that the developers take note of that in case we restrict classes for gameplay's sake - and decide on what to do if those ppl who are genuinely active and probably the best and combat in this game decide to restrict the game features and options TW offers us.

Last edited:
Heyooo, big tasty meme update, thank you @AVRC for your feedback!! ?

43o23t.jpg
43o1c0.jpg

As one of the tournament admins I want to adress the latter part to at least some extent.

Please note that a class restriction poll is on the way and I hope the developers will take note of it that we might restrict the "OP classes" because of the balancing atm. I hope that the developers take note of that in case we restrict classes for gameplay's sake - and decide on what to do if those ppl who are genuinely active and probably the best and combat in this game decide to restrict the game features and options TW offers us.

I have 500 hours on EA bannerlord, yes 500 hours at this moment and maybe a few more beyond that mark. All played in Skirmish. There are setups are literally stupid. Xauna 1 cav 5 skirmishers. Skirmishers get 3 lives with 6 strong javelings and a big body-covering shield. This setup in a premade is literal godly in Xauna. Skirmishers just poke or force shield turtling and the 2-3 skirmishers at once will focus throws on the back of one guy. Cav supports constantly. They cannot be killed. Aserai lacks infantry though so beyond Xauna, it's archer/cav. This is by far the most cancerous thing on the game. And this goes beyond Aserai. Any archer that has 35+ armor is retarded. I dont know what the devs are thinking at all, especially when archery is so, simply put, braindead to play. The rest of compositions are standard Infantry/cav with 1 archer. And they play exactly as mentioned. Infantry force fights and then its a turtle/gankfest for the cavalry to come in and backstab you because the game's mechanics compliment that.

I have literally witnessed bad players winning matches because they simply go cav spam and in public games, you cant expect everyone to follow you with a spear to battle the cav spam or await your cav to dismount 5-6 of them. No class limits is driving the game to the ground, as another one of those aspects that do and it really proves how little thought the multiplayer has been given.

The very common full archer comps exist and they are indeed extremely annoying to play against considering shields are useless in this game. Archers should feel annoying but there is no skill ceiling on them. Literally they shoot lasers like you play battlefield or something.

I am happy that a tournament is being setup but quite honestly I dont expect it to be extremely fun to watch or play considering the 'winning' compositions in this game are ****ing stupid in general.

Back
Top Bottom