Statement Regarding Plans For MP

Users who are viewing this thread

They are full of sh*t. I say that as someone who was there since July. The devs engaged with the community from the start. Maybe not as fast as I personally like to, but to say that they ignored us is a straight up lie.

Considering what I see you post around the forum, you just confirmed that the developers actually do not take criticism seriously. Since July you say? And since July we still have bad combat and a sub-par class system?

I think Piconi put it very well and I very much agree with his position.

Mexxico is one of the more vocal devs and in return most of the community engagement are very friendly and fruitful.

I think the community has to do the first step and hope that some of the devs take second

You should also consider the position though. I myself am not a part of most decisions so I cannot be part of discussions about it either. There is no being a normal part of community once you have "Developer" tag under your name. I played this game for years before I become part of the developer team but I cannot freely join discussions and share my disagreement with decisions because at best some people would try to use it to promote their side as "official support". Some devs can be silent because of this, not because they intentionally ignore the community.

You should also consider the position though. I myself am not a part of most decisions so I cannot be part of discussions about it either. There is no being a normal part of community once you have "Developer" tag under your name. I played this game for years before I become part of the developer team but I cannot freely join discussions and share my disagreement with decisions because at best some people would try to use it to promote their side as "official support". Some devs can be silent because of this, not because they intentionally ignore the community.
That is completely reasonable, and almost everyone would act the same if they were in "dev's skin".

That is exactly why i mentioned creating a relaxed atmosphere towards you guys, that is actually what is happening right now in general, after the initial "whiney wave" that is weakening now, so we can at least start chit chatting on a regular basis, in order for the now "formal veneration" attitude we have towards each other, mature into a healthy buddy-to-buddy kind of relation.

In that kind of atmosphere, i think both sides would have a much easier time digesting mutual misunderstandings, and generaly be more willing to compromise, or at least have the incentive to clear things up untill the end.

Thank you for starting that wheel of positivity (even if not intentional) :party:

Thats understandable, what are the chances of Armagan himself visits this thread and start talking with us for a day or so? Since you know, he is the head of everything (which I assume means multiplayer aswell)?

I understand the situation most of the devs are in, i dont know to what extend but i know callum mentioned there was much debate about the class system internally and it always came to the same conclusion. While i don't know how this was concluded i have my "ideas" on how it went.

I wont point fingers at anyone but the only thing we as players can do is repeat the same things that has been said for months. I already appreciate a lot that you as one of the devs that isnt really related to managing community per se are engaging with us and all the other devs who are taking kind of a "risk" talking to us.

Again, all this "hate" you see and when people generalize all of it to the dev team isn't per se direct to all of you. Most of the people who spend time on the forums know the situation that most devs have and the issues that happenen when talking too much (wink wink petmonster) which is unfortunate.

It's just a shame that Taleworlds as a studio is so closed with its community considering the community the game has is one of the major positive things the game has

I agree with Tork.. Ogl is just some no name trash newb who doesnt know his arse from his bothy.
He is just trying to make a name for himself by throwing down with the god Tork, clout chasing at its finest!

Oh look we got a dishonesty expert here, ODC(our dishonest chicken). The guy that chickened out from a duel and got called out on it, not even by me by the way, and then ganged up on me with his stack on a random pub in retaliation while his friend was counting the "score" all the while sprinking it with insults and profanities. This is the kind of person that talks about dishonesty. At this point I'm convinced it's nothing more than projection.

Since you so kindly asked me to do this:
Holy ad hominem, Batman! I know you so love them, but please get off your high "I don't use logical fallacies" horse.

As Piconi said, more meaningful communication with the community would be nice. Especially where the combat is concerned.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom