Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.5

Users who are viewing this thread

Not really, only you. Mods are the only thing saving the game but like anything they take time to fully develop.
I mean, people only cared about Bannerlord's multiplayer cuz it was the Steam counterpart to Chivalry 2. The people left still playing the game are the crazy people who seem to think that it's perfectly fine for Empire and Sturgia to be as bad as they are, while also agreeing with the one-sidedness of Vlandia/Battania vs Aserai.

As for my gripe with archers, it's apparent to me that more players are at least having enough honor to not spam the hell out of them, though that kind of sportsmanship will never last if Warband has anything to say.

I'd ask for a balance patch for MP, though it's clear to me that whatever imbalances that are currently in the game are intentional design decisions.

I still would like to know the logic behind Mount&Blade's imbalancing. Soulcalibur VI has an OP character to entice sexual attraction towards said character and an underpowered character so as to pressure people into buying a DLC replacement, while Killing Floor 2 made their tank class underpowered to sell a DLC gun.

Now what's Taleworlds' justification for making Vlandia as strong as they are while Sturgia and Empire are as bad as they are? And I'm still not a fan of how easy it is for armor to trivialize Aserai

Last edited:
So what reasons are there to play Bannerlord MP over Chiv2? I wanna like Bannerlord's melee system since it feels more skill-based but there are multiple factors that render individual player skill invalid.

If I'm to list the reasons for playing either game:

Bannerlord
I'm loyal to Steam! (no longer valid since June 2022)
Directional combat system that isn't hindered by a stamina bar

Chivalry 2
Dev team actually cares about game balance.
No backcappers in Team Objective
Battle mode doesn't have a currency system, so you can always use your favorite loadouts even if you die multiple times without getting a kill
Archers have class limits
Has a somewhat faithful port of Warband's multiplayer mode as a limited time event

So what reasons are there to play Bannerlord MP over Chiv2? I wanna like Bannerlord's melee system since it feels more skill-based but there are multiple factors that render individual player skill invalid.

Bannerlord

Chivalry 2
Battle mode doesn't have a currency system, so you can always use your favorite loadouts even if you die multiple times without getting a kill
Has a somewhat faithful port of Warband's multiplayer mode as a limited time event
The mods are the reason i play bannerlord MP? Not sure what you believe most people play bannerlord MP for.

Bannerlord

Chivalry 2
Persistent Empires has a ****load of players and it's the most fun thing to happen to Bannerlord. It will be the only reason people play Bannerlord. It allows players to create scenarios similar to what happened in GTAV Roleplaying communities. It just needs big streamers to show it and people will get into it instantly

Persistent Empires has a ****load of players and it's the most fun thing to happen to Bannerlord. It will be the only reason people play Bannerlord. It allows players to create scenarios similar to what happened in GTAV Roleplaying communities. It just needs big streamers to show it and people will get into it instantly
Idk, Persistent Empires is implemented well on a technical standpoint... But on a gameplay level I don't think the modders know what to do with it. Too many rules being broken with no in-game consequences for it.

Idk, Persistent Empires is implemented well on a technical standpoint... But on a gameplay level I don't think the modders know what to do with it. Too many rules being broken with no in-game consequences for it.

It's version 0.1, I'd imagine technical and server stability issues are their priority right now. I'm impressed they've managed to achieve 500 player stability with the night terror that must be that spaghetti code. More effective moderation systems will eventually be developed, but considering the mess that game is I wouldn't expect it quickly.

So what's the issue with MP? You all gonna actually do something about it or continue to ignore us all? Any of the devs / managers wanna grow a spine and update us? At least tell us you don't care anymore?

I just realised that the last time I played Bannerlord with my friends was 1 year , 6 months and 20 days ago, since they release the worst untested 1.7.2 update that killed the remaining captain/skirmish player base.

You can never tell me that this update was properly tested since, I could no longer get game while in a party of friends, games would crash because someone left the match and some of the faction(captain) got more unbalanced than the others.

They should have reverted the ranking system asap since it didn't work on a very small player base.

Now, after all this time you can't find any match when searching, the only active servers is the team deadmatch, siege died out, rest of the multiplayer population is on singleplayer or in full invasion, persistent empires mp modes.
Wish TW would have given priority to this issues instead of releasing their 2139821th singleplayer hotfix

Now, after all this time you can't find any match when searching, the only active servers is the team deadmatch, siege died out, rest of the multiplayer population is on singleplayer or in full invasion, persistent empires mp modes.
Wish TW would have given priority to this issues instead of releasing their 2139821th singleplayer hotfix
As an alternative to TW's matchmaking, you can play a community matchmaking that is so much better and has an actual playerbase https://discord.gg/zvk864vRjU

I just realised that the last time I played Bannerlord with my friends was 1 year , 6 months and 20 days ago, since they release the worst untested 1.7.2 update that killed the remaining captain/skirmish player base.

You can never tell me that this update was properly tested since, I could no longer get game while in a party of friends, games would crash because someone left the match and some of the faction(captain) got more unbalanced than the others.

They should have reverted the ranking system asap since it didn't work on a very small player base.

Parzival...that's a familiar name from the EA days. And yes, my friend and I were in the same boat.

We did recently come back and started playing Captains again on the custom servers since matchmaking is still dead. Hope to see you out there.

As far as I know from some TaleWorlds employees, they do have some plans for the Multiplayer. But let's be real: based on their usual pace, we're more likely to see WW3 before these plans materialize.
We already have WW3, does it means we get multiplayer fixes, would be awesome!

Major issues in tdm is spawn place, you should spawn close to your friends far away from enemies, spawn logic dictate gameplay a lot. Also, decrease cavalry and ranged effectiveness by 10%.

Major issue in siege is that far away flags are cappable, there should be only 2 (max 3) flags that are cappable in a given time, otherwise it's too much.
Also, decrease effectiveness of throwing rocks/bombs, they are too good at the moment.

We already have WW3, does it means we get multiplayer fixes, would be awesome!

Major issues in tdm is spawn place, you should spawn close to your friends far away from enemies, spawn logic dictate gameplay a lot. Also, decrease cavalry and ranged effectiveness by 10%.

Major issue in siege is that far away flags are cappable, there should be only 2 (max 3) flags that are cappable in a given time, otherwise it's too much.
Also, decrease effectiveness of throwing rocks/bombs, they are too good at the moment.
Rocks and bombs are fine there are only so many of them. But balistas on the other hand…

Hey, we'll be sharing more news regarding future plans once we can. Hang tight until then please, thanks!
That is great news (hopefully, unless you announce the stopping of development altogether, then that would be terrible news).

Could I ask you on when we can reasonably expect beta patch 1.3? At the very least can we expect it this month?

a3da068c09aa00cf1fce5c0033f8cbbb.gif

Could I ask you on when we can reasonably expect beta patch 1.3? At the very least can we expect it this month?
I can't share a public release date at this time. I can, however, say that the development of content updates continues and that it will not be released this month.

Back
Top Bottom