Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.5

Users who are viewing this thread

Concern still outstanding: I hope you have some buffs lined up for Sturgia in preparation for the cavalry price hike. Warrior's definitely the worst peasant right now, there's no reason for Hunter to cost 120 vs most archers' 110 and the only worthwhile perk setup for the Berserker is still pretty underwhelming.

Wonder if it'd be worth it'd be worth it to change the following:

Warrior
Old Horseman's Kite Shield is now part of his default equipment (Reason: Low durability shield that might help with projectiles in a pinch if you're grabbing a spear instead of the round shield. Round Shield might still be an attractive option if you're struggling with archers)
Northern Short Spear: Range increased to 180 (Same reach as the Vlandian Vanguard's Western Shield)

Berserker
Light Javelins replaced with Sling (Reason: Throwing rocks deals slightly less damage than light javs from my experience but they are much more plentiful. Might not be a proper buff, but should push him in the right direction)

Hunter
Sword replaced with Heavy Mace (Reason: Better synergy with the Shield perk, should ideally be a helping hand in self-defense, but not to the point of overshadowing the Battanian Ranger's two-handed axe.)

Concern still outstanding: I hope you have some buffs lined up for Sturgia in preparation for the cavalry price hike. Warrior's definitely the worst peasant right now, there's no reason for Hunter to cost 120 vs most archers' 110 and the only worthwhile perk setup for the Berserker is still pretty underwhelming.

Wonder if it'd be worth it'd be worth it to change the following:

Warrior
Old Horseman's Kite Shield is now part of his default equipment (Reason: Low durability shield that might help with projectiles in a pinch if you're grabbing a spear instead of the round shield. Round Shield might still be an attractive option if you're struggling with archers)
Northern Short Spear: Range increased to 180 (Same reach as the Vlandian Vanguard's Western Shield)

Berserker
Light Javelins replaced with Sling (Reason: Throwing rocks deals slightly less damage than light javs from my experience but they are much more plentiful. Might not be a proper buff, but should push him in the right direction)

Hunter
Sword replaced with Heavy Mace (Reason: Better synergy with the Shield perk, should ideally be a helping hand in self-defense, but not to the point of overshadowing the Battanian Ranger's two-handed axe.)

What game mode are you playing? Sturgia is an insane faction right now with Brigand triple spawn one shot throwing and 1handed axe, with fastest movement speed. The Warrior is one of the best peasant classes simply because of it's improved armour + 2h perk combo makes it a triple spawn shock inf lite no matter what. Berserker sucks I'll give you that, but the Hunter is pretty much middle of the pack when it comes to light archers, the worst ones are Empire, Khuzait and Aserai imo.

I ran the numbers once. And I think hunter and ranger are quite similiar. Hunter is a bit better in melee (2 more armor and iirc better overall axe) and ranger had like 66 vs 60 damage. (Longbow, strong arrows since shortbows has such terrible acc.)

Now I am still not certain they ever went around and changed the reload speed to be correct/if it ever was wrong after archery update.

With Sturgia's great brigand for 110, this opens up many competitive cheap triple spawns.

*Edit* hunter can also spawn shield and allow raider an extra throwing spear.

What game mode are you playing? Sturgia is an insane faction right now with Brigand triple spawn one shot throwing and 1handed axe, with fastest movement speed. The Warrior is one of the best peasant classes simply because of it's improved armour + 2h perk combo makes it a triple spawn shock inf lite no matter what. Berserker sucks I'll give you that, but the Hunter is pretty much middle of the pack when it comes to light archers, the worst ones are Empire, Khuzait and Aserai imo.
Id say Vlandia is weaker than Khuzait. Khuzaits infantry are stupidly strong because of the mace, their archers allow for some fancyness, and their cavalry are pretty decent.
Vlandia has crossbows which are fine, maybe abit better than fine, and ok cav, infantry not very good, no throwing weapon. Knights are scary though.

Empire is kept alive by the pila I guess, Aserai just sucks both to play and to play against because of the jareed spam.

Id say Vlandia is weaker than Khuzait. Khuzaits infantry are stupidly strong because of the mace, their archers allow for some fancyness, and their cavalry are pretty decent.
Vlandia has crossbows which are fine, maybe abit better than fine, and ok cav, infantry not very good, no throwing weapon. Knights are scary though.

Empire is kept alive by the pila I guess, Aserai just sucks both to play and to play against because of the jareed spam.
Talking purely based on light archer classes. Yes Vlandia just outright sucks to play as right now.

Hello, I have some questions about the captain mode ☝️? (half of my play time on bannerlord is on this game mode that I love)

- What are you planning to avoid AI abuses by the players ? Are you planing to implement a feature to avoid ramboing?

- Is a feature like targeting a specific enemy regiment is planed for archers ? ( like this mod allows with mele units in singleplayer https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/355 )

- Are the perks and stats changes coming to the next 1.5.10/1.6.0 patch ?

- Is it planed to change the stats of the infantry and the archers so that they can't mount horses anymore ? Or at least that they can't use those to fight against enemy cavalery ? (Maybe they could be slowed down very much)

Hello, I have some questions about the captain mode ☝️? (half of my play time on bannerlord is on this game mode that I love)

- What are you planning to avoid AI abuses by the players ? Are you planing to implement a feature to avoid ramboing?

- Is a feature like targeting a specific enemy regiment is planed for archers ? ( like this mod allows with mele units in singleplayer https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/355 )

- Is it planed to change the stats of the infantry and the archers so that they can't mount horses anymore ? Or at least that they can't use those to fight against enemy cavalery ? (Maybe they could be slowed down very much)
1) they’ve acknowledged its existence whether they are going to do something about it or not is unknown
2) they don’t even want us to have control over what weapons the ai uses so I doubt they even want us to control what unit they attack
3) no one knows not even taleworlds
4) already in place, infantry and archers are slower than actual cavalry on horseback

• We have a nice long list of all AI abuses and we are working on changes to AI behavior to not allow them as much as possible. We believe ramobing goes against the spirit of Captain Mode and we have some changes we are working on already to make sure that ramobing is not a profitable strategy in Captain Mode.
  • It is on the table for discussions, it not approved or rejected yet. Our first approach is always working to make sure the AI makes the correct the decisions, such as who to shoot. We have some improvements that are being developed, we want to see if those satisfy the need for focus fire first.
  • We have a very big patch in the works but probably not the next immediate one.
  • Infantry and archers already get penalties when riding and fighting on horses.

• We have a nice long list of all AI abuses and we are working on changes to AI behavior to not allow them as much as possible. We believe ramobing goes against the spirit of Captain Mode and we have some changes we are working on already to make sure that ramobing is not a profitable strategy in Captain Mode.
  • It is on the table for discussions, it not approved or rejected yet. Our first approach is always working to make sure the AI makes the correct the decisions, such as who to shoot. We have some improvements that are being developed, we want to see if those satisfy the need for focus fire first.
  • We have a very big patch in the works but probably not the next immediate one.
  • Infantry and archers already get penalties when riding and fighting on horses.
Pretty much all I could wish for as far as this mode is concerned.

Ramboing is the biggest issue in Captains mode right now. Honestly - resolve that and you will have a really great game mode. I look forward to hearing about captain specific perks...

Also... a trebuchet in the middle of a small fort right on the centre objective for a map might be fun... :xf-wink:

Don't forget the teamhit reflectional damage (1/3).

I just fought with a bad trol that tried to kill me at captain mod(reported him but also tried to respond). Teamhit damage reflection can stop, or at least decrease, the amount attack of these kind of trolls.

Don't forget the teamhit reflectional damage (1/3).

I just fought with a bad trol that tried to kill me at captain mod(reported him but also tried to respond). Teamhit damage reflection can stop, or at least decrease, the amount attack of these kind of trolls.
In theory - the solution is they should just be banned (or at least warned). Report them and you will usually find they have action taken against them.

I might be out of line saying this, but I think most javelins and throwing axes should deal a fair bit more damage, but they should be less plentiful. They're pretty useless for hunting down archers at the moment as they're really slow and deal pitiful damage. In my eyes it'd make more sense for arrows to deal considerably less damage than a larger throwing weapon. Maybe the changes to armor vs. ranged could help with this.

Overall though I think there should be less classes that automatically spawn with throwing weapons, and the one-shot pila/throwing-spears should never spawn with your character by default, but rather you should have to sacrifice some important equipment for it if it is to stay.

I see how annoying it is going up against javelin spam, but I find they're pretty worthless at their intended purpose at the moment.

TBH, i think javelins are in an okay spot. They deal enough damage to be a respectable threat but are inaccurate enough that the player needs to remember that javelin infantry is still an infantry unit rather than being a dedicated ranged unit like archers.

Throwing axes on the other hand, I think could benefit from some changes:

+70% melee damage across the board. Should make them ideal in fighting peasant units in a pinch but for anything deadlier, you'll probably want a dedicated one-handed weapon
A damage multiplier on headshots. Kind of ridiculous that they only deal 48 damage tops.
New weapon: Light Throwing Axes (2 stack, can't be used in melee, otherwise identical to Northern Throwing Axe)
-I feel like this should replace one of the Perk 2 options for the Sturgian Warrior. Leaning towards "Short Spear" since it's pretty useless anyways.

Last edited:
I think the javelins could serve more of a utilitarian approach if they're going to stay low-damage, such as slowing the target down for a few seconds if they get hit. Would make them useful for catching fleeing/kiting enemies. They possibly do already but I think it doesn't show much because you're forced to slow down by throwing anyway.

When armor vs. ranged gets reworked it might be better, so you can deal reasonable damage to lightly armored infantry but not a whopping amount to heavy armor. I think heavy archers need to lose a lot of their armor regardless for that to count for much.

I agree completely with your throwing axe suggestions, though I'm not sure we'd even need a light throwing axe option unless the heavy are considerably stronger. Then again, more options is always better in my eyes.

I know it's not exactly important - but it's a nice gimmick. Any idea of when you will add cheering emotes to MP?

Even the five or so cheers we have now would add a lot to the atmosphere.

I agree completely with your throwing axe suggestions, though I'm not sure we'd even need a light throwing axe option unless the heavy are considerably stronger. Then again, more options is always better in my eyes.
The idea of me suggesting a Light Throwing Axe is more about me wanting to see buffs to the Sturgian Warrior, who seems to be the worst peasant when you consider that every other peasant unit in the game can competently kill cavalry units.

Back
Top Bottom