Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.4

Currently viewing this thread:

flashn00b

Recruit
Best answers
No one can attack so fast that you can’t block. They can feint so fast that you can’t keep up with where they are going to attack but that’s all down to how good you are at the game.
There have been times where I HAVE blocked in the correct direction after getting hit and the block wasn't active. That my friend, is called a combo.

Mabons

Knight at Arms
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
There have been times where I HAVE blocked in the correct direction after getting hit and the block wasn't active. That my friend, is called a combo.
Then you either accidently tapped LMB and cancelled it, let go of RMB right as it connected, or have some latency issues. I, nor has anyone else I have spoken to or know has had this happen to them.

Firunien

Grandmaster Knight
Best answers
In fighting games (usually the old quarter munchers), a combo is a series of hits where after you land the first hit, subsequent blows can't be blocked until the combo ends. An infinite combo is one such combo that can bring a player down from full health to zero. Modern fighting games have ways to prevent such things from happening where as the combo drags on, blows that follow up from the first hit deal less damage and/or have shorter hitstuns, with more heavy handed examples (Gundam Extreme VS, Touhou Hisoutensoku*, newer Mortal Kombat games) have systems in place where a player will be forced to drop a combo due to an infinite prevention system.

I'm not seeing nearly as much infinites in Bannerlord as I have in Warband, though so i guess if Taleworlds does feel a need to stop players from landing infinite combos, they could just do with a damage/hitstun scaling system (perhaps some weapons like the Menavlion could have harsher combo scaling?)

*Hisoutensoku's infinite prevention system isn't perfect, as Yuyuko has demonstrated...
ah ok i see what you mean now, i think its actually great as it is, because there is no superficial damage reduction, and to be honest in Bannerlord you cant be comboed unless you make a mistake after each hit again. Of course this doesnt apply to 1v2 or more because they can combo you to death if playing serious, which is fine i suppose.

Last edited:

AxiosXiphos

Knight at Arms
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
ah ok i see what you mean now, i think its actually great as it is, because there is no superficial damage reduction, and to be honest in Bannerlord you cant be comboed unless you make a mistake after each hit again. Of course this doesnt apply to 1v2 or more because they can combo you to death if playing serious, which is fine i suppose.
Friendly fire gives you opportunities in these engagements if you use positioning. I do believe friendly fire should be on in every game mode ever... but's that's just me.

Yeah there's no such thing as an infinite combo in either Warband or Bannerlord.
+1

flashn00b

Recruit
Best answers
A minor nitpick that I have with Bannerlord especially since throwing weapons aren't as lethal as they are in Warband is that projectiles are destroyed if your opponent survives a headshot. Dunno why people running around with an axe between their eyes isn't okay anymore when Warband had exactly that.

Firunien

Grandmaster Knight
Best answers
A minor nitpick that I have with Bannerlord especially since throwing weapons aren't as lethal as they are in Warband is that projectiles are destroyed if your opponent survives a headshot. Dunno why people running around with an axe between their eyes isn't okay anymore when Warband had exactly that.

I am pretty sure it was the same there, this axe must be stuck to neck or shoulder by bad hitbox of throwing.

flashn00b

Recruit
Best answers
So does TaleWorlds have a specific vision in mind that I just don't agree with in multiplayer? seems apparent to me that they insist that Khuzait and Sturgia are to be the worst factions in the game while archers turn a medieval combat game into a modern military tactical shooter.

Yukmouth++

Sergeant at Arms
Best answers
So does TaleWorlds have a specific vision in mind that I just don't agree with in multiplayer? seems apparent to me that they insist that Khuzait and Sturgia are to be the worst factions in the game while archers turn a medieval combat game into a modern military tactical shooter.
Bows and Xbows are litteral guns lol.

Loyal2Odin

Veteran
Best answers
🤣🤣