Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.4

Users who are viewing this thread

No one can attack so fast that you can’t block. They can feint so fast that you can’t keep up with where they are going to attack but that’s all down to how good you are at the game.
There have been times where I HAVE blocked in the correct direction after getting hit and the block wasn't active. That my friend, is called a combo.

There have been times where I HAVE blocked in the correct direction after getting hit and the block wasn't active. That my friend, is called a combo.

Then you either accidently tapped LMB and cancelled it, let go of RMB right as it connected, or have some latency issues. I, nor has anyone else I have spoken to or know has had this happen to them.

In fighting games (usually the old quarter munchers), a combo is a series of hits where after you land the first hit, subsequent blows can't be blocked until the combo ends. An infinite combo is one such combo that can bring a player down from full health to zero. Modern fighting games have ways to prevent such things from happening where as the combo drags on, blows that follow up from the first hit deal less damage and/or have shorter hitstuns, with more heavy handed examples (Gundam Extreme VS, Touhou Hisoutensoku*, newer Mortal Kombat games) have systems in place where a player will be forced to drop a combo due to an infinite prevention system.

I'm not seeing nearly as much infinites in Bannerlord as I have in Warband, though so i guess if Taleworlds does feel a need to stop players from landing infinite combos, they could just do with a damage/hitstun scaling system (perhaps some weapons like the Menavlion could have harsher combo scaling?)

*Hisoutensoku's infinite prevention system isn't perfect, as Yuyuko has demonstrated...
ah ok i see what you mean now, i think its actually great as it is, because there is no superficial damage reduction, and to be honest in Bannerlord you cant be comboed unless you make a mistake after each hit again. Of course this doesnt apply to 1v2 or more because they can combo you to death if playing serious, which is fine i suppose.

Last edited:
ah ok i see what you mean now, i think its actually great as it is, because there is no superficial damage reduction, and to be honest in Bannerlord you cant be comboed unless you make a mistake after each hit again. Of course this doesnt apply to 1v2 or more because they can combo you to death if playing serious, which is fine i suppose.
Friendly fire gives you opportunities in these engagements if you use positioning. I do believe friendly fire should be on in every game mode ever... but's that's just me.

Yeah there's no such thing as an infinite combo in either Warband or Bannerlord.

+1

A minor nitpick that I have with Bannerlord especially since throwing weapons aren't as lethal as they are in Warband is that projectiles are destroyed if your opponent survives a headshot. Dunno why people running around with an axe between their eyes isn't okay anymore when Warband had exactly that.

unknown.png

A minor nitpick that I have with Bannerlord especially since throwing weapons aren't as lethal as they are in Warband is that projectiles are destroyed if your opponent survives a headshot. Dunno why people running around with an axe between their eyes isn't okay anymore when Warband had exactly that.

unknown.png
I am pretty sure it was the same there, this axe must be stuck to neck or shoulder by bad hitbox of throwing.

So does TaleWorlds have a specific vision in mind that I just don't agree with in multiplayer? seems apparent to me that they insist that Khuzait and Sturgia are to be the worst factions in the game while archers turn a medieval combat game into a modern military tactical shooter.

So does TaleWorlds have a specific vision in mind that I just don't agree with in multiplayer? seems apparent to me that they insist that Khuzait and Sturgia are to be the worst factions in the game while archers turn a medieval combat game into a modern military tactical shooter.
Bows and Xbows are litteral guns lol.

??

Did tw abandon multiplayer altogether? Upcoming plans posted in September and none of this has been implemented as far as im aware.
I wouldn't say abandoned. They definitely are interested in working on the multiplayer from what I can gather, but I do have troubles agreeing with most of their updates.

Did tw abandon multiplayer altogether? Upcoming plans posted in September and none of this has been implemented as far as im aware.
TW very clearly want to put all their focus on SP right now... and to be fair who can blame them. 95% of players are playing SP not MP right now; true we could say there is a good reason for this - but it's hard to dispute the fact that SP changes improve the game more for the majority of people.

I imagine once SP has settled down a little and is in a much better place; MP will be reviewed - but right now TW want the main game 'complete' first.

Please stop lying. They have done this:
- We are improving the mechanics for Archery and Throwing weapons, which will allow us to achieve weapon specific behaviour when it comes to readying up and aiming. This will allow us to create more unique feelling weapons and be able to adjust them independently rather than all together like in the last patch.
- The AI is also getting many improvements to adjust to these new systems. Use of all Ranged Weapons are being improved by the AI, along with the ability to automatically switch weapons when the situation calls for it. We are expecting these improvements to remedy the major problems we have in Captain Mode at the moment, this is our number one priority.
- Fixes to Cavalry Rearing behavior, adjustments to Crush Through and a fix to the Crush Through damage spike will be applied with the next patch
- We are also adding 2 New Maps to Captain Mode, along with adjustments and fixes to current maps. New Siege maps are also in various stages of development.

They are still working on:
- Many new core multiplayer features are getting added to the game such as Voice Chat, which will allow players on the same team to use their microphones to strategize, coordinate and cheer as they win their matches.
- Another exciting new feature is the first iteration of the Observer Mode, which should enable players to watch ongoing matches.
Sound Occlusion will also be applied in a future patch to improve the overall experience.
- We have had Skill Based Matchmaking active for some time now, and we are planning to take it further with the introduction of Ranked Mode, where players will have visible Matchmaking Ratings and Ranks depending on their performance in Skirmish and Captain Mode matches individually.
- For everyone to train and prepare for the Ranked Mode, we will be introducing our new Duel Mode. The Duel Mode will be a casual mode for players to hop in and challenge other players in various uniquely built Duel Arenas with any class of their choice. Players will be able to train and improve their skills in all matchups, collect bounties as they defeat other players and make a name for themselves.

TW very clearly want to put all their focus on SP right now... and to be fair who can blame them. 95% of players are playing SP not MP right now; true we could say there is a good reason for this - but it's hard to dispute the fact that SP changes improve the game more for the majority of people.

I imagine once SP has settled down a little and is in a much better place; MP will be reviewed - but right now TW want the main game 'complete' first.

I agree with you, but they are indeed working hard on the mp section. Slow, specially for new features (Voice Chat, new maps, etc), but they are focused on it.

Okay as long as they are planning on doing multiplayer at some point. For the record I spend all my time in single player but that's due to the fact multiplayer has been basically trash and unsupported for multiple patch cycles now. I read every patch and its clear they moved most of the development resources from multiplayer to single player.

I am neither pro single or multiplayer btw I simply want each game mode to be fun and supported in equal measure. Paid for a full product not half of one. Hopefully multiplayer will become a larger focus later on in the EA development cycle.

Okay as long as they are planning on doing multiplayer at some point. For the record I spend all my time in single player but that's due to the fact multiplayer has been basically trash and unsupported for multiple patch cycles now. I read every patch and its clear they moved most of the development resources from multiplayer to single player.

I am neither pro single or multiplayer btw I simply want each game mode to be fun and supported in equal measure. Paid for a full product not half of one. Hopefully multiplayer will become a larger focus later on in the EA development cycle.
I assume it will be; but if I was TW i'd be focussing on singleplayer too. It's in a much better state, it has a much bigger audience and no one can say it isn't the primary focus of M&B. Hell the original didn't even have MP.

Once SP is trucking along nicely; ,leave that to the mods for awhile. Get MP sorted; throw all your effort into getting that fixed. Then when you have both in a nice state you can think about DLC. But right now TW want SP to be the flagship it should be - and this is totally understandable - even if it means MP grumbles in the mean time.

Honestly 1.5.7 is really coming along for SP; just had some great new features. The skill trees are almost finished, the snowballing issues are mostly fixed, performance is good and most of the bugs are gone. Sure there's still bits and pieces missing; but it is very playable.

Back
Top Bottom