SP - General Start the campaign with your own house

Users who are viewing this thread

Crisagon

Regular
At the beginning of campaign you should have a house you own, now you can´t get married and have children until you have a castle or a city at least, you should start the campaign with an own house (not castle) or the possibility of buying it

Last edited:
It’s a small QoL thing, that I’m pretty sure there are mods for.

For me, it doesn’t even crack the top 100 things that the game need/should adjust. That’s not to say it’s not important to you, just as having more easily hirable camelry and a deeper list of camel saddles/armor might not be on your top 100 but are on mine.

Getting a castle/town to call my own generally scratches this itch for me

Of course it is not currenly the highest priority for the MB2 it´s just a suggestion.
I´m not talking about having a house right at the beginning but that you can buy it later as another option in the game, it would give more immersion to the game even with a variety of houses or palaces according to your economy and without having to enter the service of any king or conquer a rebel city so that all factions start to attack you continuously.
New character? seller of plots, houses, and palaces.
Possibility of servants?

The idea of the camels is also good.

Last edited:
A village seem more likely in the game. Getting uniqe quests from that village. Help with the protection. Free recruits. Leaving companions on buildning tasks.

Please god no, player is already getting suffocated by freebies at the beginning of the game and now we want for game to also give a free house as well as if its already not giving out enough stuff for free?

Player is already getting free equipment, free siblings, free clan with a banner of its own at the beginning of game and what is next? A free fief at the beginning of the game too, as if the player is already not getting enough freebies?

The idea of being able to buy real estate in settlements (be it villages or cities) sounds like a cool concept though, nevertheless.

Please god no, player is already getting suffocated by freebies at the beginning of the game and now we want for game to also give a free house as well as if its already not giving out enough stuff for free?
Comparing to what? Football Manager where you can get a football team worth billions of dollars? Or plague Inc where you can get a completly halmless virus - embreo?

There are probably mods for starting naked and 0 gold.

The start equipment is somewhere inline with what a recruit have - worth 200-300 denars maybe. And a pack - horse worth 100 denars when scarse. 1000 denars in purse. And a level 0 clan. And a family of 3 siblings. One too good to utilize in several years and hard to develop. 2 you cant utilize or develop in several years. I´d appriciate the adult brother more if he was level 5, honestly, with matching skill levels.

There is the the sandbox start if you don't want the family.

From my perspective a house or a home is mainly a flavour thing. It does not give income. where you can gather your familly members if you need to speak to them and dont want to run around the map. Where you can requip for example caravanleaders etc.

Later in the game, you could invite clanlords to your home/capital to speak to them. Or invite mercenarycaptains. Or other people of interest you don't want to run around the map after.

Earlier I saw it as a the place where defeated bandleaders regroup. Now it´s easier just calling them to my band wherever I am on the map.

Player is already getting free equipment, free siblings, free clan with a banner of its own at the beginning of game and what is next? A free fief at the beginning of the game too, as if the player is already not getting enough freebies?

The idea of being able to buy real estate in settlements (be it villages or cities) sounds like a cool concept though, nevertheless.
Free no

What do you mean with a "house" really? What is it you suggest we should have? :smile: A building in a random town town of our culture? What should it do? What should it be used for?
Anything close to this suggestion of mine?
Base of Operation
Simply that as the adventure progresses and you are forming your clan, you can IF YOU WANT and depending on your economic level buy a house or a palace with the same fuctions that a castle has in the game, there would be your family, children, weapons, horses, etc...
If bandits attack the town or enemies attacks the city in which it located, you can go to help the defense.
Currently if you conquer a rebel city, all the factions on the map launch themselves to attack you continuously without giving truce.
It´s just a suggestion to create another option in the game (if you want) before forming your own kingdom or joining a faction on the map.

Last edited:

I've already written threads about this and I think that what you would like to have should be reflected in this topic.

I've already written threads about this and I think that what you would like to have should be reflected in this topic.
No, that is not the idea that i propose.
What i propose is a just a house, simply a house, to serve as a home for your family/clan while you clim the social ladder of Calradia.
Even when you are already a great and powerful lord within one of the Calradia factions, you can sell it if you are no longer interested in keeping it as you do with the workshops.

Last edited:
I am rescue this post because with patch 1.2 I have started a new game again and i see the same problem again, three years have passed and we still do not have any property as a clan, my older brother got married very quickly and the wife has been around for about 3 years waiting in his family´s castle... i´m still single.
With how easy it would be to put a family house in each kingdom to buy (not a castle and not for free) or have at least that possibility in the game.
vivienda-de-la-%C3%A9poca-medieval.jpg

Back
Top Bottom