Starcraft help

Users who are viewing this thread

Alright, here's my deal.  Someone I consistently play against has a favorite tactic of rushing Dark Templar right off the bat.  I'm terran, what's the best way to counter this?  I've tried a counter vulture rush, but that really just comes down to the map.

Dark Templar are squishy, so you just need a detector. Obviously that makes it much easier to beat them on defense (with missile turrets) only.... On offense you might want to try taking advantage of their lack of a ranged attack and attack by air or just keep your troops moving so they can't really catch up fast enough to kill them. As long as their fixed defenses are not very strong you might be able to strike right at their resource production. If you can do that (while protecting your own resources), then you can just outtech and outnumber him to victory.

In order to protect your missile turret detector you should try surrounding it with other buildings.

I haven't played this game in about 4 months i think, but i was thinking turrets(well duh) and hella bunked bats around the turrets.

Then again i was a noob in my prime... so ya...

If he's rushing with only dark templar, if you can get a science vessel, it would be an invincible detector. You could always do something silly (if you're playing a map with one choke point) such as using vultures to mine up a choke point with a science vessel nearby :grin:. I haven't played melee recently, I got burnt out on that a long time ago. Mostly my friends and I just play use map settings maps.

Back
Top Bottom