SP Sci-Fi Star Wars: The Rise of the Clones Mod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lt. of the tower

ROTC-logo2.jpg

Greetings esteemed commanders and welcome. This thread will be the up to date home, progress showcase and discussion thread of the "Star Wars: The Rise of the Clones Mod". The original thread created by Waraelm (Team leader) has been temporarily closed until his return so I (the Mod custodian and Acting Team leader) and can maintain and edit this thread so that effectively any news and progress can be give some idea of what is going on.

Obviously the Mod is based during the earlier Clone Wars period when Phase 1 clone armour was still in use.

You will be given the oppurtunity to either join the Galatic Republic and fight for democracy and the chancellor to keep the the evil Separatists at bay, taking control and command of the Republics finest Clone troopers. Alternatively If you want freedom of the Republics lies and promises of safety, fight them with legions of mechanical droids as a commander of the Confederacy of Independant Systems (or alternatively the Separatists). And if credits are a more important than either side's cause sell you and your men's blasters to the highest bidder and crush his enemies.

As usual the choice is up to YOU the player as to what course of action is taken. There will be a large amount of armours and weapons based of the movies and other games etc. The player won't be able to control jedi/sith troops but will be able to be a jedi/ sith general and use their items such as lightsabers.

The story behind the mod:

The infamous Clone wars are raging through the galaxy. Like a great fire, it has engulfed millions of lives on countless worlds of the Republic and CIS. The Republic, counting thousand of core worlds, has been presented the one of biggest threat to its existence since its founding.The CIS (Separatists), led by the mysterious Count Dooku and his council of Corporate heads, desire independance and are prepared to fight for it with an army of battle droids.The Republic must respond with the recently acquired Clone army, and the conflict goes on. Droids are produced faster, and with their numbers the separatists slowly gain an advantage against the core worlds.The Senate must take immediate action, and in agreement with the cloners of Kamino, the ARC clone troopers are being produced in larger numbers, in the hope of rebalancing the tides of war.The jedi generals must make new tactics with the given reinforcements. To strike hard at the separatists the Republic has decide to establish a base on a remote planet which holds a great droid factory so an edge in the wear can be won... The tides of this great battle may very well decide the outcome of the clone wars, as well as the fate of the galaxy.

Factions

The Galactic Republic:

wallpaper_star_wars_the_clone_wars_04_1024.jpg
Well trained military with better skills combat skills than most droids, variously equipped but more expensive. Lack numbers in comparison to the CIS's Driod Armies though.​

The Confederacy of Independant Systems (CIS):

bog45s477.jpg

Larger number of troops at a lesser cost. Not as good combat skill as droids cannot learn and don't have the practical sense as an organic soldier. Higher tier troops are better.​

Other factions may be implemented at a later date but currently there will only be these two.​

Progress:
Models: Underway. Youhou's Magna guard complete. Working on other droids.
Texures: Clone armours seem done, weapons need retexturing. Still some droids to do I believe (?).
Quest dialogue: Mostly done.
Rigging: Clone armour and weapons done.
Characters: Under consideration, much dicussion has been done already.
Map: Basis desert textures are made, map still needs work as well as settlement names.
Scenes: Not started as of yet.
Buildings: Not started as of yet. Considering using HokieBT's as placeholders.
Misc and other: Unsure of other small things
Beta schedule: Few members are reachable so progress is really slow. BUT once everything done thus far is compiled together a beta should be ready.

Some pictures of armour and weapons (most of them are in other thread though):

Yellow-1.jpg

ArcTypes.jpg

arctrooperblueel2.jpg

Droid-2.png

DC17HMB001.jpg

IONPOOP1.jpg

mbshottuy28.jpg

SE14MB001.jpg

DC15S2MB001.jpg

The Team:

Waraelm - Leader and coder. (Inactive)

Lt. of the tower - Acting leader and research.

Telapicus - Coder.

Hank - Coder. [new]

Barf - Modeler.

Youhou - Modeler.

Thorgils - Modeler.

Uamadman - Modeler. [new]

Iputthefunbackinfuneral - Mapper. [new]

ROTC-logo2.jpg
Code:
[IMG]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee146/scruples321/ROTC-logo2.jpg[/IMG]
If you are a supporter please put this in your signature to show it, thanks.​

Update 1: more pictures added.

EDIT 1:With all the changes in the team, people leaving, people busy etc. we are asking that anyone who has decent skill as a modeller or coding come and help out. If you are interested please PM me to talk about details. Modelers will be employed to help with creating scenes for the mod as that area is untouched and is in need of dire attention.
EDIT 2: Ok Hank is joining the team and will be helping with some coding and other small things most likely, though I will keep the offer still since the more coders the better but we still need a mapper
EDIT 3:Uamadman is joining the team to help with doing some additional models and hopefully some texturing.
EDIT 4:Iputthefunbackinfuneral is joining the team so help out with the mapping section of the mod, now that we have 3 new team members hopefully getting a beta to the followers is a little closer, though keep in mind we are all busy people.
EDIT 5: Progress updated (map).
EDIT 6: Update list updated. Tuesday, 21 April.

What have guys done exactly?  This mod has been there for around a year I believe and except for two new models, I haven't seen any new info since I first saw the project.

Well of late we have been having some management issues so we have been dealing with those, Kavien left the team so we have been kinda slowed. Also the team has been quite busy with studying/work etc.

But currently our armour is getting rigged by HokieB.

Thorgils has made a few new guns about 3 pistols I believe, a shotgun and that ion blaster which are in need of textures and some minor changes but he has been busy. I will post newer models in one second. Also some of the older gun models will probably be re-textured.

We are needing a mapper currently too so the mod's map hasn't been touched.

Maybe you can ask the star wars calradia team if you can use their map if you don't have a mapper. That's all I have to offer...

A space texture is not something difficult to find.

However, I'm sure they made a new skybox .brf for the map.

phillo99 said:
Maybe you can ask the star wars calradia team if you can use their map if you don't have a mapper. That's all I have to offer...
Pali Gap said:
A space texture is not something difficult to find.
However, I'm sure they made a new skybox .brf for the map.

Well originally it was a agreed upon that we were going to base it on a planet. I suggested the CIS held planet Munnilist (that way the native map could be used  to some extent) but the others wanted to just create a planet. I would prefer to use an actual planet instead of just making one up but then we would have to make buildings and I don't know if any body on the team is willing. Maybe if some one in the community made some buildings they could be used to make the planet muunilist' infastructure which in turn would be more canon which I would like that. And if the buildings are made then we can just make the planet muunilist which i am sure others won't mind after some discussion and convincing.

Buildings:

EDIT: [Images removed]

Okay, thanks, that clears a lot up.

Maybe pick an easier planet, like one of the desert ones.  But the old Star Wars mod from .751 did Tattooine, so maybe try something different.  But that planet looks to difficult to recreate.

Pali Gap said:
Okay, thanks, that clears a lot up.
Maybe pick an easier planet, like one of the desert ones.  But the old Star Wars mod from .751 did Tattooine, so maybe try something different.  But that planet looks to difficult to recreate.
Telapicus said:
Id like a desert planet because that would be way easier than muunilist

Cool. I will probably have to consult everyone and do some more research about planets. Originally Dantooine was a planet considered, so maybe that could be a possible choice. Well what i thought about muunilist was the only un-doable thing was the buildings/infrastructure but the environment is fairly varied, it has grass, desert etc so I thought the native map could be used or changed around.

i will specifically look around for any desert planets besides tatooine.

You know, Corellia wouldn't be a bad place to base it on. Oh, and since it's Rise of the Clones.. Why not Geonosis? It's desertee

It's like a huge barren wasteland...

Seleucami is also a desert planet.

Oh... And Aargonar.

But that's all I can think of, at this very moment, as I have an extreme headache >_>

vadermath said:
Desert planets apart from Tatooine were Kirdo III and Klatooine (no, I'm not joking).

I will look up these when I get a chance.

EDIT: wtf happened to telapicus? what did he do to get banned. I must say this is looking bad.

I got banned because  Reverend L.lamb said i annoyed him but its not like they can stop me from coming here i can still work on the mod pass my work on to warealm i didn't know Vader would stab me in the back tho

I wont like, what's his face who got banned kinda' had it coming.  He was obliviouse and a Cyber bully with bad grammar.(And we all know cyber bullys are grammar-nazis)  Anyways, the mod looks good, and sounds very good.  I do hope you guys make it work well.  I didn't really like the other star wars mod.

Yeah i did doesnt mean ill stop making accounts were still getting progress done BTW we have a new modeller warealm found and i wasnt a grammar Nazi i hate grammar Nazis i got banned because lost lamb got annoyed by me.

The admins are going to get smart and add a hardware ban inside of M&B, then you'll just be kinda' stuck from even playing the game, which then will drive you away.  ^_^ Oh trust me, hardware ban is very..very real.

Enough off topic talk and talk of creating more accounts. This thread is for mod discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom