Different items have the same image in the inventory and others are very similar, I would suggest making them different, more easy to recognize by just by the image.
- E.g.: Wine and oil; olives, dates and beer; cheese and butter...
- Also, considering real world relative sizes of items (length) (e.g.: bigger weapon = bigger item representation);
- Expected real world quantity vs price vs item size or number of items per image;
- Give more relevance to the part of the item which makes it more recognizable/differentiable (blade, handle, different color between similar items...) (e.g.: show the color of wine and oil or change the shape and color of the pottery);
- Consider item position, orientation, rotation and direction (images with multiple items don't need to have all the same orientation... e.g.: you could put the one item showing overall length and other a differentiation factor, like blade shape).;
- Combine different items (or similar for of them), to better represent other item, E.g.: wine
- Relative item sizes between (sub)categories (e.g.: iron bar is the size of a horse, I would suggest an image of a pile of 3 bar in a pyramid shape
- Some items are too small (e.g.: fish, butter and cheese...) again, you could add more items or increase the size
- The item image should make good use of the size of the rectangle box;
- Consider changing the background color of the item (of the rectangle box), maybe even remove/change the vignette effect, darker parts of items do not give good contrast, consider tweaking item colors/lightening to give good contrast to the background or vice-versa;
- Sharper and more realistic item images are welcome.
Overhaul the inventory in bannerloard, make it more convenience to use. Work for beta1.5.7.