Sports games MEGA THREAD

Users who are viewing this thread

ELABORATE ON THE FIFA CAREER MODE HOLY **** IS IT ACTUALLY DIFFERENT??????

I have MLB2k12 The Show for my Vita. I enjoy it quite a bit.

I do want a hockey game that has a good journey mode/rode to the show/whatever it would be called.

Dystopian said:
ELABORATE ON THE FIFA CAREER MODE HOLY **** IS IT ACTUALLY DIFFERENT??????
there is 2 career mode in fifa 17.
Normal career (where you create a player and guide him to stardom)
And there is the journey which is a story mode with cinematic and drama.

Untitled. said:
NHL 2003 is pretty good. Admittedly, I haven't played it for like 8 months, but it has a special place in my heart.
You missed the really good one by a year. There's a pretty impressive modding scene for 2004.

RabbleKnight said:
Anyone play any of the big AAA sport games?

Football is our national sport (soccer for the silly ones), and I have being playing Fifa since 99. I buy it every couple years for off sections (play 30 min here, 30 min there, ...). Fifa 17 is on my list, new engine and story mode make it a definite buy.

If anyone is wondering, FIFA (translation) stands for: "International Federation of Association Football"

I also liked the news about the coach being in the sidelines this time around. I usually play long careers as one, it was weird you never got to see your "avatar" hehe.

My last Fifa is 15. So here hoping the youth system is better. The random luck rolls to get good players was annoying. And goalkeepers taking years to level up too.

And on the topic of new engine: how is modding now? Any cool tools? Or is all a hacking job to change game rules (not talking about cosmetic stuff)? For SP, I don't play MP.

RabbleKnight said:
Just got my hands on FIFA 17.
The journey mode is WAY more interesting than that **** story from NBA2K16.

Anyone play any of the big AAA sport games?

Haven't played a newer fifa game since fifa 2005.

My favourite is still fifa 1998 on the playstation 1. It was such a huge leap forward compared to football games that came before it, even in the fifa series.

FIFA>>>>****>PESt
RabbleKnight said:
134.jpg

crodio said:
FIFA>>>>****>PESt
RabbleKnight said:
134.jpg
I agree on the journey being gay and completly unrealistic.
So far I followed my agent advice to choose a lower rated team to "have more playing minutes" and I did so, I chose Middlesbrough, they just got promoted and fight for maintenance on the league so a youngster looking for minutes is a good fit. No matter what I did, achieving the goals they asked me, scoring and providing goals, I could never get into first team I was always a sub. And what does the club do? Sign Harry ****ing Kane. Like Middlesbrough, a club with no aspiration to the title and fights for maintenance, just signs the star player from Tottenham? Really? To add to injure he didn't score a single goal and I get loaned out to the championship with a 6 goal tally? As a sub? **** it. I just Alt+f4 and didn't touch journey again.

Not to mention EA has yet to fix their AI, the several bugs from last year like the cdm still goes forward despite instructed to not do so, the ****ing coins farmers in FUT (if anyone plays that). Pro Clubs still lack functions, and for ****s sake how many more FIFA games will it take for them to add a goddamned Online Career Mode?

Back
Top Bottom