Spears wtih shields

Users who are viewing this thread

Ruan

Knight
We couldn't properly used spers with shields in native and in viking conquest the overheard spear animation was cumbersome and the contact with body give less damage (assuming due to animation).

Anyway will we able to use spears with shields? Most importantly will we able to thrust the spear from closer ranges like in wfas? (For some reason it's different)

Will cavalries able to have overhead spear animation, like pig sticking it'd be wonderful in closer ranges with lances.

The most importantly will AI able to handle the spears?

Ruan said:
We couldn't properly used spers with shields in native and in viking conquest the overheard spear animation was cumbersome and the contact with body give less damage (assuming due to animation).

Anyway will we able to use spears with shields? Most importantly will we able to thrust the spear from closer ranges like in wfas? (For some reason it's different)

Will cavalries able to have overhead spear animation, like pig sticking it'd be wonderful in closer ranges with lances.

The most importantly will AI able to handle the spears?

watch the videos of the cbs then all your questions will be answered

https://youtu.be/ditLixWjMTs?t=2m15s

cav can use up stab aswell

https://youtu.be/JaUBg7Ynmwk?t=6m32s

I found in VC using the overhead attack dealt more damage than a normal attack, as it brings the point of attack closer allowing you to hit an enemy who has closed, and you can aim at the head for critical damage rather than just stab at the armored gut. In my opinion, spears worked fairly well in VC, and troops would switch from their spears to a sidearm when the enemy got too close, which is accurate as you can't stab someone who's already past your spearhead. The only real limitation was troops from the second/third row couldn't stab over/past their allies, which kind of defeats the purpose of putting your spearmen in a deeper formation

I'm not talking about head damage, the overhead thrust animation is like a poking, it barely touches in most situations it loses speed bonus due to animation afaik.

I always step forward when I attack, gives a boost to speed bonus and helps with a "shorter" animation connecting more frequently. I also only use the spear for the first few moments of battle or on horseback, otherwise I switch to a shorter weapon that will deal more damage more reliably

Well sometimes you are not avaible to. I know how to adapt but as I said VC overhead animation is problematic, brytnwalda one seems more fluid.

Back
Top Bottom