Spears need to do more damage against horses

Users who are viewing this thread

at the moment when a horse charges full speed into a spear, at the most (Depending on spear) you get around 60ish damage done on a 200HP horse with armor. Now if you use a javelin and get a headshot, you are able to do like 150 damage. Doesnt really make sense to me.

It just makes spears practically useless. The only reason you would use a spear is too rear a horse when they charge into you, but even if you do that the horseman will be able to get away and come back 3 - 4 times because the spear does so little damage.

Most cavalry players I have encountered would easily take these chances against spearman because of how strong their horses are compared to the damage spears do.

I think that spears should receive a reverse damage buff when a fast moving horse charges into a spear so that cavalry begin to fear spears instead of just charging straight into them.

Spears are really strong in infantry at the moment. However, the soft spot (when an enemy is close) is not very well implemented. What I mean by this is that a spear with a pointy end should still be able to do considerable damage when hitting from close. As far as spear versus cav goes, I totally agree. This needs a massive fix.

Spears are really strong in infantry at the moment. However, the soft spot (when an enemy is close) is not very well implemented. What I mean by this is that a spear with a pointy end should still be able to do considerable damage when hitting from close. As far as spear versus cav goes, I totally agree. This needs a massive fix.
i dont think a spear should do dmg when very close, but pokes and glances need to be very consistent. There shouldnt be random pokes later on in the stab.

+1

Definitely agree with you guys! Spears do need to be effective against enemy cavalry! Imagine what would happen if we apply the speed-damage modifier of the charging horse to the spear it gets in contact with!

Back
Top Bottom