Space Marines v. Space Marines

Who would win?

• Adeptus Astartes (Space Marines of the Imperium, WH40k)

Votes: 75 77.3%
  • Terran Space Marines (Army, Militia, Mercenaries of the Terran Empire)

Votes: 22 22.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Did they wear fully enclosed ceramite power armour? :roll: Hyperion was saying that the head might be a weak spot, while the 'fact' is that most Space Marines wear helmets that offer the same kind of protection as the rest of their power armour.

hyperion said:
Still.
Battlecruisers.

And they're badass.
There are Battle Barges. This isn't about battleships though.

Article on C-14 Rifle said:
...which may penetrate two inches of steel plating.
Wouldn't be very effective.

Raz said:
Did they wear fully enclosed ceramite power armour? :roll: Hyperion was saying that the head might be a weak spot, while the 'fact' is that most Space Marines wear helmets that offer the same kind of protection as the rest of their power armour.
Wait, what? Look at the PA (Power Armour) and compare the head size. Of course it's more vulnerablePlot armor aside, there's only so much weight your head can stand.

Unless the pauldrons are actually wider than your shoulders are. Which is the case here.

Also, what's this talk about shooting down a battlecruiser in 5 seconds?

Just giving an example of a Terran Space Marine's destructive capability. By the way, 5 seconds is too fast... They might as well not even bother building a battlecruiser.

Is it me or is that picture only reinforcing my point? :razz: A helmet would fit in between there very easily.

Cloud Breaker said:
Just giving an example of a Terran Space Marine's destructive capability. By the way, 5 seconds is too fast... They might as well not even bother building a battlecruiser.
Link? A single infantryman shooting down a few hundred meter long battlecruiser..

I hate WH40k Marines myself, but I cannot in good conscience let them be maligned by Starcraft fanboys. :razz:

a) Camo is also for people who would like to lower material losses, shoot first, go around without having people staring at the neon lights which happily announce your presence to the world.

WH40k Marines are intended to be shock troops, they aren't supposed to hang around. Their scouts have been known to use camouflage, but they have to lurk in bushes and trees for long periods, so it helps. In any case, sticking some grass on a 9 foot tall genetically enhanced human wearing powered armour and carrying the equivalent of a mini rocket launcher with a magazine is too little and too late.

b) This? Why yes, I have. Not quite close to "The power fists have fields which disrupt solid matter right? So why not stick the fields on power armour and render yourself impervious to all ballistic and melee attacks? "

Having your armour trying to beat itself up whenever your pauldrons came into contact with your hat would be damned awkward, wouldn't it?

c) They all have an off switch.

Let's see you reach it.

d) Grafitti is a lot less "bling" than gold. Compare Terran Space Marine and Grey Knight.

Maybe they like to stage drop pod assaults at dawn so that the bling will blind their enemies. :lol:

Grey Knights are like the anti-Daemon SWAT team for the Marines. They don't do this 'camouflage' thing because looking like a bulkhead while daemons slaughter your battle brothers isn't in their job scope. Comparing them to the Starcraft equivalent of the T-shirt and flashlight gang is daft.

Cloud Breaker said:
I think Spartan II's vs. W40K Space Marines is more sporting...

Btw fyi marines are equipped with gauss guns that are capable of bringing down a freaking battlecruiser.... From the ground even.

:roll:

AK47 said:
Not when you're talking about helmets with plating as thick as that of the body armour.

Marneus Calgar? Hello? Marty Stu of Marty Stus? ****, they could fit a Retribution class battleship onto his helmet.

Night Ninja said:
I hate WH40k Marines myself, but I cannot in good conscience let them be maligned by Starcraft fanboys. :razz:
I never played either.

Night Ninja said:
a) Camo is also for people who would like to lower material losses, shoot first, go around without having people staring at the neon lights which happily announce your presence to the world.

WH40k Marines are intended to be shock troops, they aren't supposed to hang around. Their scouts have been known to use camouflage, but they have to lurk in bushes and trees for long periods, so it helps. In any case, sticking some grass on a 9 foot tall genetically enhanced human wearing powered armour and carrying the equivalent of a mini rocket launcher with a magazine is too little and too late.
A wee bit more camo than blinding yellow (Imperial Fists), chrome (Space Wolves), ultramarine (Self-explanatory) would stop the OpFor dropping artillery on you before you see them.

Night Ninja said:
b) This? Why yes, I have. Not quite close to "The power fists have fields which disrupt solid matter right? So why not stick the fields on power armour and render yourself impervious to all ballistic and melee attacks? "

Having your armour trying to beat itself up whenever your pauldrons came into contact with your hat would be damned awkward, wouldn't it?
I'm sorry, I'm going to have to give you an F. Here's why.

Night Ninja said:
c) They all have an off switch.

Let's see you reach it.
Who needs to? Bomb the HD. Nuke the cooling. Destroy the processor.

Night Ninja said:
d) Grafitti is a lot less "bling" than gold. Compare Terran Space Marine and Grey Knight.

Maybe they like to stage drop pod assaults at dawn so that the bling will blind their enemies. :lol:

Grey Knights are like the anti-Daemon SWAT team for the Marines. They don't do this 'camouflage' thing because looking like a bulkhead while daemons slaughter your battle brothers isn't in their job scope. Comparing them to the Starcraft equivalent of the T-shirt and flashlight gang is daft.
Drop pod assaults, something else that bugs me by the way, are all fine and dandy, but I doubt a Space Marine chapter can hit planet-wide targets without having to move about a bit, and when you do that, artillery will start falling.

Night Ninja said:
AK47 said:
Not when you're talking about helmets with plating as thick as that of the body armour.

Marneus Calgar? Hello? Marty Stu of Marty Stus? ****, they could fit a Retribution class battleship onto his helmet.
This dude? Mr. More machine than man with heaps of luck and skillz? Yeah. Now, how about Average Joe Marine?

AWdeV said:
Me neither. AK, what the hell are you arguing for, concerning Marneus? :O
One doesn't compare the terminator with the average US Army grunt. Also, as promised AWDeV. :razz:

Back
Top Bottom