Something to check about in Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

Heya!

Gamescom ended (while ago) and we left off with a lot of great things! One being voice acting, and I realized how weird is gonna be modding Bannerlord, while voice acting is now real.
Do you guys have played Age of Empires II? It was voice acted, it was great!. Later on, mods. Almost no one had voice acting. One did had, and it was... well. Same thing could occur now, at least if Bannerlord turns out to be moddable as s***. But, can be voice acting be modded? And if yes, do you would voice acting?

sure, why not, just give me a game option to turn off voices from mods  :mrgreen:

TLDR: I hope if they include it, that is optional to the player

kalarhan said:
sure, why not, just give me a game option to turn off voices from mods  :mrgreen:

TLDR: I hope if they include it, that is optional to the player
Yeah, that option would be cool. But voice acting is more cool though. And thats the problem

WB allows voice-overs, and Bannerlord would allow it as well.
WB Dialogs said:
# 7) Voice-over (string): sound filename for the voice over. Leave here empty for no voice over
From a production viewpoint, you either do it very well or don't do it at all, since many players are annoyed with mediocre or bad voice acting. Even when it's good, someone's game reality wouldn't click with the best voice-acting, so the option to turn it off is kind of mandatory.
Actually, I favor the JA2 voice options where you could mute any NPC that annoys you for some reason.

MadVader said:
WB allows voice-overs, and Bannerlord would allow it as well.
WB Dialogs said:
# 7) Voice-over (string): sound filename for the voice over. Leave here empty for no voice over
From a production viewpoint, you either do it very well or don't do it at all, since many players are annoyed with mediocre or bad voice acting. Even when it's good, someone's game reality wouldn't click with the best voice-acting, so the option to turn it off is kind of mandatory.
Actually, I favor the JA2 voice options where you could mute any NPC that annoys you for some reason.

Well, then. We have an answer fo question 1#. Now question 2#. Someone's really in put voice over on their mods? I know what you meant. But it's a hard thing to do. Check AoFE, a mod of AOE II. Its has voice acting, but is regular to down. Its like you said "From a production viewpoint, you either do it very well or don't do it at all, since many players are annoyed with mediocre or bad voice acting. Even when it's good, someone's game reality wouldn't click with the best voice-acting, so the option to turn it off is kind of mandatory." They'll take that in mind?
EDIT: Thanks guys for your time to reply me. What I meant in this comment here, is who is actually gonna voice over now. We know we have a game making us living in an extasy, but it's tha good that the quality here is damaging, in a good way, modding what it's voice acting means. Quality of the original game is good, but people thinks nowadays that the quality of a mod has to be higher in comparison of the original game

I hope it can be disabled. Voice acting for dialogue imo is a waste of money and time. Especially because 99% of the time I read the subtitles faster and ignore the voiceover anyways.

Back
Top Bottom