Some opinions about multyplayer

Users who are viewing this thread

ronin44

Squire
I did single play mount and blabe and expansions for years.
But some times i try to play multi.
These are my opinios that i got about the multi.

1-Ping is the one of the most important thing in this game, i saw you failed attack and denfend by the ping, this is a fast game you need to act fast especially when you defence, it happend for me a lot of times, i did block in right way or i used a light shield to defence but the other player hit me.
If you got a bad ping you only can defeat new player, skilled player with good ping always win.

2-Two handed weapons are rules the game.
Two handed weapons are too fast and dangerius, just click and run... only in duel you can see who is more skilled.
Althought the new player can beat skilled by two handed by luck and hold distance.

3-Shiels and armours are useless in multy, they ll save you in single player but in multy one or two slash by a great axe or a berdich make you lose, look like you are naked, it seems you have no armours, and your best shields ll smash by a few hits.

From your opinions it sounds like you're only playing siege/deathmatch. If you want more tactical play, try battle mode.

Ping is important but as long as you have below 60, you're OK. 60-80 will be more of a challenge but it's still possible to be competitive and effective. Upwards of 80, it can become much more of an issue, depending on what you're doing but there are players who have made it work.

I don't agree with your second point. The one about Two handed weapons. In the competitive scene, you rarely get to take out a two handed weapon and hold it in your hands for a long time. There are some pretty deadly shooters out there. I don't see many Two-handers in matches.

About the ping, yes. It is somewhat of an issue from the fairness standpoint. Especially when one side is below 50 and the other is above 80.

captain lust said:
Ping is important but as long as you have below 60, you're OK. 60-80 will be more of a challenge but it's still possible to be competitive and effective. Upwards of 80, it can become much more of an issue, depending on what you're doing but there are players who have made it work.
We'll see how you do with your new internets. :razz:

ronin44 said:
3-Shiels and armours are useless in multy, they ll save you in single player but in multy one or two slash by a great axe or a berdich make you lose, look like you are naked, it seems you have no armours, and your best shields ll smash by a few hits.

Quite the opposite, like Goker said, in the competitive scene 2 hander's are barely used because they get exposed to often and to fast, the shield and armor are life saviors, believe me. Without those you wont last more then 30 seconds on a battle.

ronin44 said:
I did single play mount and blabe and expansions for years.
But some times i try to play multi.
These are my opinios that i got about the multi.

1-Ping is the one of the most important thing in this game, i saw you failed attack and denfend by the ping, this is a fast game you need to act fast especially when you defence, it happend for me a lot of times, i did block in right way or i used a light shield to defence but the other player hit me.
If you got a bad ping you only can defeat new player, skilled player with good ping always win.

That's what persons with high ping who are new to mp tend to think. But that's nothing but an excuse (talking about 80 to 100 ping) which doesn't allow you to improve and get over this disadvantage (which it clearly is). You can beat anyone at duelling with a high ping (preferably not higher than 110), I use to play with 80-90, and there are very little blocks I miss cause of the ping. We just need to work harder than the rest. Training is key.  In summary, play, play a lot in MP.

Hi guys, thanks for your response.

About the ping, my ping most time is over 150, when i have lower ping i do play better.

About the armours i saw some good players dont wear armours, when you are armoured but one slash by an big axe make you lose why you spend the money on heavy armours that dont save you?

In the multy the shields only save you from arrows but they are too weak and also a bit slow, it isnt good that a little axe smash you shield that fast.
In a real trainig combat(Not like moves or hollywood) the warrior swing the sword at almost same time he move the shield, i mean there is no waste of time to block and then swing.

ronin44 said:
Hi guys, thanks for your response.

About the ping, my ping most time is over 150, when i have lower ping i do play better.

About the armours i saw some good players dont wear armours, when you are armoured but one slash by an big axe make you lose why you spend the money on heavy armours that dont save you?

In the multy the shields only save you from arrows but they are too weak and also a bit slow, it isnt good that a little axe smash you shield that fast.
In a real trainig combat(Not like moves or hollywood) the warrior swing the sword at almost same time he move the shield, i mean there is no waste of time to block and then swing.

You will find yourself extremely hampered by that ping, try to play on servers which are less than 100 at the very least.

The armour thing basically comes down to the fact that you can't effectively use a 2H in a coordinated group fight. In public I am sure you can get some kills since no one is working together, however in competitive play you will find that a 2H gets killed very quickly by coordinated 2v1 melee or by archers. Shields are the only thing that let you survive more than a few seconds in most situations.

Armour then becomes important for letting you take risks against opponents in shield fights and for simply tanking damage in large group melees.

Armour is only useful if you know how to use it. If you use it as a passive defense then people will just set up clean hits and chew you up like you're naked, but if you set up glancing blows and keep the fight close, then you can become almost invincible to all but the most powerful weapons.

Armie_knock said:
What the hell is "Competetive mode"? Isn't all the modes in Warband competetive,or am i riding my bike in the sky?

As in there are designated team scrimmaging against each other.  Its like organized sports games as opposed to pickup games.

I have a ping of 100-120 on GK siege (which is irritating as I'm in SouthCal) and I manage to do perfectly fine. Armor is important when you're up against archers and one handed swords, and is also useful when taking on multiple people.

I agree with all three of your points, ronin44. A low ping is absolutely essential for sword fighting, there's no way around it. A ping of 100 means a 1/10th of a second delay in everything you do, which is a long time in a feinting, blocking sword fight. It won't effect every one of your fights, but it is a handicap you must accept and overcome.

I only play Siege, and I almost exclusively use two-handed weapons because they are so powerful. Sword and boarders still kill me, though, especially those that know my weakness is a durable shield I cannot break in a few whacks. Even with my two-hander I still always carry a shield because arrows are deadly and a shield will often save your life.

I usually don't bother upgrading my armor beyond the basic set, since armor's effect on survival is barely noticeable in melee (Although you do become a better pincushion for arrows). I don't buy better armor unless it's almost the end of the round and I have surplus gold to spend. Good armor actually seems to work conversely for me as I play more recklessly because I foolishly believe the chainmail will protect me better than the leather garment, but every melee death comes down to one or two good hits regardless of armor.

All these points are true, at least in Siege mode, but they do not mean Warband's multiplayer is not fun: You just have to learn to adapt to these issues. Accept that two-handers are deadly and armor is insignificant, and fight better prepared with this knowledge. Since you have ping issues you cannot duel with two-handers, your best action is to invest the money you'd spend on armor into a good shield instead. A strong, unbreakable shield will be the bane of every two-hander, and it will save you more from blows and arrows than any armor would. Once you get the feel for fighting two-handers, the multiplayer experience won't be so bad.

Increase the speed and strenght of shields also decrease speed of 2handed heavy weapons will help to have more balanced and better gameplay.

This game got the best fighting mechanics out there. And you wish to waste them on something as a shield? Really? You can as well remove the 2h's, everyones except Swadias sucks. And if you make them  even slower - Adios to the duel servers and adios to using 2h as anyone except Swadia.

Armie_knock said:
This game got the best fighting mechanics out there. And you wish to waste them on something as a shield? Really? You can as well remove the 2h's, everyones except Swadias sucks. And if you make them  even slower - Adios to the duel servers and adios to using 2h as anyone except Swadia.

This game got the best fighting with a shield mechanics out there. And you wish to waste them on something as a two-hander? Really? You can as well remove the shields, everyones except nords sucks. And if you make them  even faster - Adios to anyone actually playing infantry in a battle server and using shields as anyone except Nords.

So you're  honestly saying that the shields should get prioritized over the complex manual blocking system, feinting, chambering and the focus should be on "left mouse spam" hold right" - repeat till someones shield breaks?
Everyones shields are just fine. Veagirs could need a small buff.

But however, NERFING the 2h speed would be such a joke. Why don't we just use bardisches in dueling.

Back
Top Bottom