SOD Warlords - Suggestions & Discussions Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

KnightOfVaegir said:
make more ladder on siege

200 men walking up a single ladder with 300 archers shooting at them. It makes sense.

If only it could make more sense...

Oh yeah, it possible to rename villages?

bladefight5 said:
KnightOfVaegir said:
make more ladder on siege

200 men walking up a single ladder with 300 archers shooting at them. It makes sense.

If only it could make more sense...

Oh yeah, it possible to rename villages?
I'm still taking names for villages just 1 per person though.

I hope that we can get some scene editors though, I know how to scene I just don't have the time for it. I'd like for the mod to have exactly 3 ladders on a wall and a tower plus one ladder for tower scenes. The towns are ready for scene modification but the castles aren't.

You should cup the whole map in half, its seriously lagging most of the time, and i really done have a bad pc.
That lagging is mostly the reason i stopped playing, even thought i loved it in the old m&B.

Even half the towns/castles/villages per faction will be plenty, especially with so many factions. This would cut down the partys on the map and that should reduce the lagging to nothing.

Another thing i would find quite interesting would be to make the legion bigger than the other factions but not really liked by any. There can be some serious balancing problems with that, so i dont know if that is possible. Since whenever i see the legion, i always have to think of them as some expansive force, trying to gobble up all the other factions (like we know from good old m&B).

Btw. if those things were spoken and discarded of before, than im sorry to bring them up again, but i havent played warband in half a year and just came back looking for some mods to kill some time. I hope you can imagine how happy i was to see the port of one of the greatest mods ever ^^

Valdarr said:
You should cup the whole map in half, its seriously lagging most of the time, and i really done have a bad pc.
That lagging is mostly the reason i stopped playing, even thought i loved it in the old m&B.

Even half the towns/castles/villages per faction will be plenty, especially with so many factions. This would cut down the partys on the map and that should reduce the lagging to nothing.

Another thing i would find quite interesting would be to make the legion bigger than the other factions but not really liked by any. There can be some serious balancing problems with that, so i dont know if that is possible. Since whenever i see the legion, i always have to think of them as some expansive force, trying to gobble up all the other factions (like we know from good old m&B).

Btw. if those things were spoken and discarded of before, than im sorry to bring them up again, but i havent played warband in half a year and just came back looking for some mods to kill some time. I hope you can imagine how happy i was to see the port of one of the greatest mods ever ^^
I figured out that the cause was not the map. It had to do with the triggers.

I know from some other mod that the cause for lagging there were too much parties on the map, so i figuered it could be the same problem here too, and than cutting the map short could reduce the laggs, if you know the cause however, i will look forward to a lagfree playingexperience ^^

Valdarr said:
I know from some other mod that the cause for lagging there were too much parties on the map, so i figuered it could be the same problem here too, and than cutting the map short could reduce the laggs, if you know the cause however, i will look forward to a lagfree playingexperience ^^

Read This:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,127609.0.html

RandomGuy said:
Make an option to import/export npc's.
I might just do that...

Cathedralsqaure said:
Just checking to make sure that the armors will be rebalanced and redone (some of them look really really bad now).
You've got a point, s lot of them still look very good and some of them look very bad. We have a lot of things to improve on so if we could get a texture artist to remake a few textures that would be good. Plus there aren't many bumps specs or shader maps used on a lot of the objects. I remember Cyclohexane saying he'd start making some. But this is something I would hold off until I'm done assigning the castle and village scenes.

I have a couple of basic suggestions.

1. Add roads and road system. I do believe i have seen them in other mods and it makes the map (in my opinion) look and feel better.
2. Add bridges. It's kinda annoying having to travel an entire day just to go around a river.
3. I cant figure out why no one has done this one yet but make Ale and Wine as consumable items for morale.
4. Change the colors of either the Aden's or the Swadia. I was looking forever for Aden and could not find them because they were right next to Swadia and had the same color.
5. Why is it that in the start of the game I get have to sneak into imperial towns and castles but i cant attack them.
6. I know a lot of people have said this but i need to repeat it. I have traveled to every city and could not find any Book Merchants, Traveler's or Poets (and such).  I only  found 2 Slavers and 1 Companion.  I Seems that the only time I could find the Companion or the Slaver was when there was no traveling merchant. 

Just my 2 sense worth of things.

Hope its helps.

Jammen690 said:
I have a couple of basic suggestions.

1. Add roads and road system. I do believe i have seen them in other mods and it makes the map (in my opinion) look and feel better.
2. Add bridges. It's kinda annoying having to travel an entire day just to go around a river.
No & No
There are 2 reasons for both.
Road system messes with AI Pathing
the 3D model for bridges are crappy
The other 2 reasons are lore based
I want you to travel the whole day to go around a river.  :twisted:

Jammen690 said:
3. I cant figure out why no one has done this one yet but make Ale and Wine as consumable items for morale.
I was going to do so, but there are so many other reasons I didn't. Wine is a trade good only; Ale can be bought at the tavern for your entire crew (I can't remember if I put this in for 2.4?)
3rd:
Zerrikanian Boyar: My Lord, High Dvor Boha, Morale is low and the troops have only 3 days of food to eat! How about we drink the Wine were delivering to Ravensfield?  :sad:
High Dvor Boha: You want the troops to get drunk in enemy territory?  :neutral:
Zerrikanian Boyar: Uh, well... I thought since the guild master gave us so many they wouldn't mind if we took just one?  :mrgreen:
High Dvor Boha: Tell the troops as soon as we get to Ravensfield they all get drinks at the tavern, on me.
Zerrikanian Boyar: Re.. Really my lord!?  :shock:
High Dvor Boha: Yes! Now tell those axemen to pick up the pace! They move slower than the females...  :mad:

Jammen690 said:
4. Change the colors of either the Aden's or the Swadia. I was looking forever for Aden and could not find them because they were right next to Swadia and had the same color.
Give me a visible hex code for them and I'll change em'

Jammen690 said:
5. Why is it that in the start of the game I get have to sneak into imperial towns and castles but i cant attack them.
It's been changed in 3.0 I ended up fixing relations and message spam.

Jammen690 said:
6. I know a lot of people have said this but i need to repeat it. I have traveled to every city and could not find any Book Merchants, Traveler's or Poets (and such).  I only  found 2 Slavers and 1 Companion.  I Seems that the only time I could find the Companion or the Slaver was when there was no traveling merchant. 
96 towns think about the chances of you finding someone in 96 different towns; I'm working on this...

Jammen690 said:
Just my 2 sense worth of things.

Hope its helps.
Thanks!

KnightOfVaegir said:
3. You mean use Ale and Wine as food ? I don't think those thing could fill your tummy
It'll fill mine...

MorrisB said:
No, but in real life they would definately boost the morale of any army  :lol:
Yeah it'll boost their tendency to lose while doing so, Imagine drunk archers...

I don't know if this has been suggested, but the map could use a lot more bandits. They seem pretty rare on such a big map, so maybe you could increase their spawn frequency? I find that there's a lot of traveling around a nearly empty map compared to vanila. I like the feeling that something is constantly happening, new opportunities, etc.

Also, is it intentional that the separate armies you create from your own men don't join fights like allied lords do? Or is that a bug? I really like the feature; It was missing from vanilla.

Otherwise, this is the best mod I've seen so far, my other complaints are mostly cosmetic - like the uniformly bright orange repeating crossbow and the fact that one of the Legion vassals is named "Hilarious". There are also a couple of grammatical and typing errors occasionally.

Maybe when you join a faction rather than recruiting from the place you 'are from'. Recruiting your factions? A bit like native, but when you, for example, make your own faction you get the ones from the start game list. But, if you join the Legion you recruit their soldiers. If you conquer a city from Swadia while in a legion, you get Legion troops (unlike native) or from your own faction you get your own factions troops (The one from start menu).

Sorry for the bad description. Really tired...

Lolocks said:
Maybe when you join a faction rather than recruiting from the place you 'are from'. Recruiting your factions? A bit like native, but when you, for example, make your own faction you get the ones from the start game list. But, if you join the Legion you recruit their soldiers. If you conquer a city from Swadia while in a legion, you get Legion troops (unlike native) or from your own faction you get your own factions troops (The one from start menu).

Sorry for the bad description. Really tired...

Legion will be removed in the final game.

Back
Top Bottom