SOD Warlords - Official Faction/Religion lore

Users who are viewing this thread

There is not much secret to spill. The random tavern mercs such as the Knights of Ashkolon, Shining Eagles and the rest all have had their background stories written since vanilla SOD v5.0, but these infos were not implemented in-game due to shortage of time. I'm quite sure that creative players have all made up stories regarding them on their own, so I don't think I'll bother implementing these guys' original lore into SOD Warlords. Still, if someone happens to be interested, feel free to send me a PM.

Err one question i would like to know.

What is the exact # of years from the end of orig SOD (fall of empire) and beginning of warlords?

I think we decided that it was about 20-70 years. Basically if I am remembering right, you (the Player Character) are the child of the original SOD hero/es. SOD ended with the halting of the invasion and the saving of original Calradia. Then there is the war of recapture (All Factions taking back the New factions home territories from the empire) As well as the conquest of the original Empire lands. Then there is some dispute about who should get what in terms of all this land. I think it is eventually settled that everyone gets what used to be theirs. Or close enough. Then a new alliance is formed to go exploring, and panovosa is found, settled, and divided. I think it is at the start of this expendition that you the SOD:W player are born. So Panovosa is then found, claimed, conquered and divided while you are growing up. All officials etc. are in place before your parents die and your sibling takes the throne and you begin your expedition to Panovosa (the games beginning.) So the time frame is some what flexible in that it depends on how old your character is. But is in essence a single generation of time. (I think!?!) It may be two generations. OSOD being your grand parents, and your parents leading the War of Recapture.

You are correct in assuming the one generation gap. We settled on a 20-25 year gap between the end of the Invasion of Calradia and the beginning of SOD Warlords.

Great mod :grin:

But err... I think the Sarranaid Sultanate should has a same religion with Zerrikanian, because we know they both adopt a same "system" (Sultanate) :grin:

Nope.

They live in seperate continents and pursue different religious beliefs. Case closed.

The Calradians will all have their own religions and according Faith Troops  :wink:

Bramasta said:
Great mod :grin:

But err... I think the Sarranaid Sultanate should has a same religion with Zerrikanian, because we know they both adopt a same "system" (Sultanate) :grin:

That would be like saying every King in the world (past, present, future) follows the same religion

Ahh alright then...

Coz in the real world I never heard kingdoms adopt a "Sultanate System" but they have a different religious beliefs  :wink:

Well, I hope you know what I mean, I don't know the better grammar to explain it  :oops:

EDIT

Nevermind, I changed my mind when I see this post:

MorrisB said:
What I truly don't understand is that why you people insist on changing Sarranids (or for that matter, any other Calradian faction) to look more 'historical'.

Sarranids are NOT Ottomans, Khergits are NOT Mongols, Nords are NOT Vikings... they may be based on the mentioned historical nations but they are NOT them ! They don't *have* to be so similar. If you wish to make a change cos' of gameplay balance that's fine by me, but I'd like to ask everyone not to make suggestions based on historical stuff, Calradia should keep a distance from real-life history.

hey guys I have a problem with you saying that the void religion is "based on primarily islamic teachings". Being a muslim myself I can assure you that what's presented in the "Void" description has nothing to do with Islam and in fact the closest thing Warlords has to Islam in terms of teachings and ideology is the religion of the "One". I would even go so far as to say that it's more like Islam than Christianity. The concepts existing in the "Void" religion are pretty much the Hinduistic teachings of Karma, reincarnation and the superiority of individual endeavour, NONE of which are Muslim teachings.

The five faiths are not based on real life religions; especially the void. The void was more like a secret cult in the first game; but I changed it around in SoD Warlords as I didn't want to represent any real life secret cults in the game.

So for anyone saying that this or that faith is just like this or that religion needs to stop it.

Truth to be told, I based the descriptions on the mod original founder's (Vonmistont's) hints and whatnot when I made this topic, even though I roused an eyebrow myself at the Void resembling Islam (though I admit, I know little about Islam so I didn't argue). I think I'll simply remove the 'parallels' from the description of the religions, they don't have anything to do with the religions' in-game representation anyway.

If I may ask - how does the whole situation present itself with the relationship between leaders and vassals?

While the Empire of Antarian reminds me of the Crusader Sates - I assume one could also take-part in or even create coups to place someone (or yourself) unto the Throne?

so it seems that Muslims cannot have a thing be similar to there's but different in fundamental ways with our getting offended (no offense intended). its a game not reality. now if someone in real life said your religion is wrong, evil, blasphemous, etc i give you full reign to punch them in the face. also the lore is pretty cool :3

I essence the villianese live in a clan structure, farmers are one of the lower echelons of the clan, (as archery and huntsman abilities are highly prized), so they are in essence free, but beholden to their clan chiefs for protection etc. so their would be a tribute/tax system in place, land in general is owned by each clan, and governed and organised by the clans chiefs, so serfdom is perhaps a little too dominant to describe the realtionship between the farmers and chiefs of the villianese.

Chiefs are Chiefs because they have proven themselves to be the strongest and most worthy within the tribe

Back
Top Bottom