SoD V5.0 Beta 1 Bug List

Users who are viewing this thread

UniversalWolf

Sergeant
Found a typo.

In character creation I chose Republic of Marina and Wealthy Merchant father.  The text says my family's banner was beared by buildings and stuff all over the kingdom.  The word should be borne.
 

warrof

Recruit
I don't think my problem is involve with not having the hidden ninja patch but I am updating anyways.
edit: updated with the ninja patch and still having problem.

Bug: When I try to "Camp" the game instantly crashes, I was able to open it up before with no problem.
 

Cyclohexane

Knight at Arms
warrof said:
I don't think my problem is involve with not having the hidden ninja patch but I am updating anyways.
edit: updated with the ninja patch and still having problem.

Bug: When I try to "Camp" the game instantly crashes, I was able to open it up before with no problem.

Are you running Windows7?

 

damnimbored25

Sergeant Knight
Cyclohexane said:
warrof said:
I don't think my problem is involve with not having the hidden ninja patch but I am updating anyways.
edit: updated with the ninja patch and still having problem.

Bug: When I try to "Camp" the game instantly crashes, I was able to open it up before with no problem.

Are you running Windows7?
I do and I have the same problem.
 

mr.playa

Veteran
HEY
I JUST STARTED MY OWN KINGDOM AND WENT TO THE CHANCELOR TO GET NEW LORD
THEN HE TOLD ME I NEED MORE LANDS TO GET A NEW LORD FROM THIS PAGE
I COULDN T GET OUT FROM IT I HAD TO RESTART MY PC IS THAT A PUG
ALSO
WHEN I MADE PEACE WITH THE NORDS THE TOLD ME NOT TO ATTACK A SWEDAN CASLTE AND IT BELONG TO ONE OF ITS VASSELS AS A PEACE TERM ??
WHAT SWEDAN GOT TO DO WITH NORDS IN MY PEACE REQUEST
 

warrof

Recruit
warrof said:
I don't think my problem is involve with not having the hidden ninja patch but I am updating anyways.
edit: updated with the ninja patch and still having problem.

Bug: When I try to "Camp" the game instantly crashes, I was able to open it up before with no problem.

Update to bug: I made a new character but I didn't use any of the built in SoD cheats since then no bugs anywhere.
 

Bismarck

Knight
Here's something I would consider an error:
- Crossbows are still too weak -> 7 damage for a headshot with a light crossbow against ordinary looters.
- Crossbows still don't shoot far enough. Come on, many people can piss farther than the Marinian elite can shoot.

Otherwise, the mod seems to run fine. I've done some quests for the Black Army and everything ran smoothly.
 

warrof

Recruit
Bismarck said:
Here's something I would consider an error:
- Crossbows are still too weak -> 7 damage for a headshot with a light crossbow against ordinary looters.
- Crossbows still don't shoot far enough. Come on, many people can piss farther than the Marinian elite can shoot.

Otherwise, the mod seems to run fine. I've done some quests for the Black Army and everything ran smoothly.
I noticed that as well, picked up a crossbow in a fight and I could barely do any dmg
 

manekemaan

Sergeant Knight
M&BWBNWVC
Grimmend said:
Two things:

1.  Tried to bust my vassal out of prison, no option, just the bribe and exit available.
2.  Saw a Raven Captain cap a guy...didn't know guns were in this one(if not a bug, sorry, thought they were cut).


1 is a warband only feature
2 is intended
 

ithilienranger

Knight at Arms
mr.playa said:
HEY
I JUST STARTED MY OWN KINGDOM AND WENT TO THE CHANCELOR TO GET NEW LORD
THEN HE TOLD ME I NEED MORE LANDS TO GET A NEW LORD FROM THIS PAGE
I COULDN T GET OUT FROM IT I HAD TO RESTART MY PC IS THAT A PUG
I have confirmed this. I had taken my first castle + village and went to the Chancellor and became stuck in the dialogue without any dialogue options.

Another possible bug is that I can get extra recruits from villages sometimes if I recruit from the menu and then talk to the village elder. Needs to be tested further though.
 

Cyclohexane

Knight at Arms
ithilienranger said:
mr.playa said:
HEY
I JUST STARTED MY OWN KINGDOM AND WENT TO THE CHANCELOR TO GET NEW LORD
THEN HE TOLD ME I NEED MORE LANDS TO GET A NEW LORD FROM THIS PAGE
I COULDN T GET OUT FROM IT I HAD TO RESTART MY PC IS THAT A PUG
I have confirmed this. I had taken my first castle + village and went to the Chancellor and became stuck in the dialogue without any dialogue options.

Another possible bug is that I can get extra recruits from villages sometimes if I recruit from the menu and then talk to the village elder. Needs to be tested further though.

I cannot confirm this.  I am finally playing a game (opposed to modding / testing) and just took my second castle, talked to chancelor, and then left clicked on screen.  A couple days later he is there running around.  No issues....

If you are still having trouble, upload your saved game.  It is definately going to be one that is hard to reproduce. 
 

Satai-6060

Recruit
Confirming the Chancelllor bug here, also.  For me it happened only when I have just one fief, at all other times it worked fine.

The thing with recruiting twice from villages after talking to elder surely isn't a bug - it's the same way with that in Native and any other mods, happening because when you accept a quest or recieve reward for one, the village gets "reset" - hence you can get recruits again.

This mod is truly excellent, it's what the orginal game should have been and much more. I hope TaleWorlds are watching the guys working on this, and as soon as possible snap them up into the development team :wink:

 

Satai-6060

Recruit
Tip for anyone playing current version: do not talk to any "pretender" characters in courts!  I did it and had to start a new game, because although the menu is fixed and doesn't let you take up the quest, all the other faction kings start greeting you with "I heard you've taken up the cause of that bastard X, the pretender! Well then!"

Not sure if it affects anything besides that, but I didn't want that, and you get this pretender desease just by talking to them so watch out!
 

Sethaniel

Grandmaster Knight
This is regarding the secret quest, not sure if it's a bug or not:
After finishing the prison break with both me and Diego getting out alive, all I got was a relations boost with the commoners and a ransom broker appearing at my council. However, I recall him saying something about becoming my companion, yet I've not seen nor heard from him ever since the prison break (right after the prison break, I was sent to the city menu screen without a word from Diego, just a few messages appearing saying that I've completed the quest and got a relations boost with commoners).

Was Diego intended to be a companion?
 

Maan

Knight at Arms
WB
Sethaniel said:
This is regarding the secret quest, not sure if it's a bug or not:
After finishing the prison break with both me and Diego getting out alive, all I got was a relations boost with the commoners and a ransom broker appearing at my council. However, I recall him saying something about becoming my companion, yet I've not seen nor heard from him ever since the prison break (right after the prison break, I was sent to the city menu screen without a word from Diego, just a few messages appearing saying that I've completed the quest and got a relations boost with commoners).

Was Diego intended to be a companion?
I confirm this, same happened to me.
 

Cyclohexane

Knight at Arms
Maan said:
Sethaniel said:
This is regarding the secret quest, not sure if it's a bug or not:
After finishing the prison break with both me and Diego getting out alive, all I got was a relations boost with the commoners and a ransom broker appearing at my council. However, I recall him saying something about becoming my companion, yet I've not seen nor heard from him ever since the prison break (right after the prison break, I was sent to the city menu screen without a word from Diego, just a few messages appearing saying that I've completed the quest and got a relations boost with commoners).

Was Diego intended to be a companion?
I confirm this, same happened to me.

Those are the rewards as intended.  As a Zerrikanian slave trader, having access to the Slavers and Ransom brokers is sweet.  I am running through castles using rescued prisoners as guards and moving onto the next without stopping. 

So fun I'm starting to become sleep deprived...
 

Maan

Knight at Arms
WB
Cyclohexane said:
Those are the rewards as intended.
I would suggest to modify dialogue, then: he clearly says that he will join your party and you'll find him a good companion because he's a good fighter, etc. :wink:

I'm playing as a Zerrikanian too: been in Calradia for 30 days only, but my companions are getting better and better, I'm filling a regiment for later use when I'll take my first castle, and I'm happily bathing in Denars thanks to slave trading.

...the Boar Clan really. hate. me. :mrgreen:

Anyway, thank you very much for this mod. First time I'm playing it, and it's really a world of fun. :smile:

Edit: Oh, if I may give a little suggestion: more space in scenes used for combat quests, please.
Both in the prisoner escape and in the fight against the two Basilisk Knights the place was so small that both my character and the NPCs ended up stuck against walls, etc.
Too bad it seems M&B engine isn't very good at navigating cramped spaces...
 
Top Bottom