Single Unit Morale Problem

Users who are viewing this thread

So I stationed my 60 knights in a castle and went a' raping with my new huscarls. A few castles later I go back to get my knights and they are all at terrible morale. Fine, I'll just go win a few battles with them. Still terrible morale. And if any time passes they abandon me. Here's a screencap of my party screen with the knights selected and my morale report:

i41.tinypic.com/152fiv7.png

Note that everyone else is happy, I have high morale scores etc but my knights are pissed off. Here's what I've tried to improve morale:

1. Win battles (No losses)
2. Do quests.
3. Garrison knights in a castle, drop all my food, pick up all my knights again and buy more food (I'm desperate here).
4. Garrison all my knights except one, drop all my party members, and go on a two-man bandit stomping mission.
5. Hang out in one of my cities with my knights (After a couple days I lost 25 of them).

Anyone know what I can do to make my knights happy? I'd be happy even with a cheat. Otherwise I'll have to kick them out and raise an army of Mamluks.

Oh I forgot to mention that, all that was done while not fighting Swads. I tried bandits, Rhodoks, Arabs etc. I beat the Sultan with my army and they didn't budge at all.

I haven't played SP in ages, but, I believe even being at war with the Swadians pisses them off.

for future reference, this should probably be here:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,162.0.html

Hi. If a faction is getting their behind kicked (even if its not by you) their troops lose morale. thats one main reason when helping a claiment its best to use other factions troops eg if you are nord rebels when you are winning heaps you should put all nord troops in a castle and use others for a while. Hope your issue is fixed

thanks guys. I think it's because I'm kicking the **** out of the Swadians at regular intervals. I've switched to Mamlukes and have the knights stewing in castles for now. Once I crush the Swads I'll bring em' back out.

The answer is shown in the picture you took.

You party morale is 99.
The penalty for Swadian troops is -95

Which means that your Swadian troops can have a max moral of +4.

That's why your troops left you.

Yeah my mistake was thinking that modifier was literally for Swadian troops, as in the guys who follow Harlaus rather than Swadian military following me.

I have been having a very similar problem, I found that my huscarls were losing their moral, but the Nords are eliminated! It was strange untill I found what the problem was! Just because your not fighting that faction (In your case Swadia), if you fight any lords that may have defected from swadia, your Swadia troops will still lose moral because they are killing their comrades.

Back
Top Bottom