Siege Game-mode : Your Opinions & Tweaks

Users who are viewing this thread

The Spawn Points in Paris are a little bit far away, if you die you can run 90 % and fight 10 % untill you die again : /

A lot of action in Motte & Bailey (Seaside), but the ladder doesn't work. Getting to the fight wasn't difficult, but reaching the flag was very. If you guys scooted the flag a little bit closer to the attackers, you would get a normal game of siege. If not that, then I have to bump up the time for a longer match.

Oui.

I managed to break the ladders on that map just before release.  :razz:

if some way posible the doors should have their hp shaved down litle since it took quite some time to knoc them down and if team has no volunteers with 2h axe's it takes, imo, too long.

another idea for that to counter the task of hitting those doors would be battering ram, simply put just a big log or stmh like that and say 6 to 8 ppl divided on each side could use that to break down the doors, this however can be hard/impossible to make work, but i feel it could give some more colour to the game and would require team effort to use

id olso would like to see ladders to scale that 1st wall, either make them as item wich you can buy/make in game at the cheast much like in raid gamemod, you can get torch from that spawn chest if you forgot to buy it when selecting equipment, or just same way as in native, eitherway i olso think if they are made buyable/buildable thay should olso be destructible objects

thease are my suggestions since the defender and attacker spawns are all rdy pointed out here

i have only played 1 or 2 games of siege but its seems to work quite nicely and is a lot more fun that native siege

I heard someone whining stating that the Norman Keep is a bit too small. What are your views on this guys? I know I need to tweak the spawn points a bit so the riverside ladder gets used aswell (Dont think people spawn on the boats as meant to right now). Also propably need to make attacking just a little bit harder.

Allright davee, that sounds pretty much like what i had in mind anyway!

Davee said:
I'd rather finish the Raid mode quickly (since it's pretty much the way we want it now) and then get started on the money management/damage based score system :wink:
Great :grin:

Time for selfquote, does anyone know if that is possible?
Raegenhere said:
Overall, also concerning raid: i think it's worth a thought  doing the balancing not only done through respawn time, but also to through unequal team sizes. I don't mean adjusting them dynamically, rather have a game mode to have a fixed attacker/defender ratio. Not sure how that could work in detail, though.

edit: about norman keep, yesterday i defended there... saw one guy spawning at the ships, he raised the ladder, and i waited form him around the corner, crushed his skull with my mace. Turned out it was a teammate... now that was embarrassing...  :grin:

I don't like having the little banners on top of teammate's heads. I think it is rather cheesy, I can tell apart from a Rus and a Norman, but Vikingr and Saxons tend to be difficult. I just know Vikings have satin colored helmets and Saxons have whitish-silver. Not to mention they have different pattern shields.

Slytacular said:
I don't like having the little banners on top of teammate's heads. I think it is rather cheesy, I can tell apart from a Rus and a Norman, but Vikingr and Saxons tend to be difficult. I just know Vikings have satin colored helmets and Saxons have whitish-silver. Not to mention they have different pattern shields.

I wouldnt rely on the shields if I were you, often enough saxons loot big vikingr shields  :mrgreen:

Slytacular said:

I've tried playing with banners off, and at least with rus and normans I didn't have much trouble, once the vikingr and saxons have unique padded cloth or tunics then it should be possible.

I played on the Motte & Bailey once. For historical accuracy, please add a trench(That can be crossed on foot) around the stockades, and raise the ground below the stockades. For historical accuracy that is... you might also arrange the spawns to make up for this for gameplay's sake. Just a suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom