Siege: Attackers have superior Archery Positions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Gragnok

Knight at Arms
I feel that on at least some maps the attacking teams archers are actually in a superior position. Mainly the map that has the steep hills by the sides that can be walked up and the ruined gate house in front of it that attackers can climb to the top off from their spawn.

This strikes me as absolutely nuts. First no castle would ever be built in a location where attackers can swarm up the nearby hills and easily fire into it....The fact that the ruined gatehouse is the largest bit of the castle is also madness.

A defending archer should never be in a position where they are getting shot from the sides and above or from in front and above by the enemy archers prior to the enemy capturing the walls. Thats the entire point of walls, they were designed to protect defenders from this. If someone did build a fort by a hill they would have built a wall high enough to prevent archers on the hill shooting in so easily. Instead this map encourages this to happen.

That's my two cents, i'm keen to hear what everyone else thinks. Have i got this entirely wrong? Should the maps be altered slightly? Preventing attackers from moving to this high points perhaps. A few invisible walls would be an extremely quick fix for the devs without actually altering the appearance of the map.

I agree with you, this map in particular with that big ass tower right in front of the wall, accessible from attackers spawn and where archers can go and shoot absolutely everywhere, same thing for the hills on the sides as you say, the other maps are fine though.

It IS hilarious though when you get the cav class and go up there, most of them are bonobos who can't block and simply go for the sheer joy of spamming arrows into blobs on a castle wall.

Mainly the map that has the steep hills by the sides that can be walked up and the ruined gate house in front of it that attackers can climb to the top off from their spawn.
Yeah that map raises some questions. As a defender you can't really shoot properly from the second wall once the attackers reach the gate/hills, because you'll just get blasted from above.

I can agree with this. There are some maps that could use a little adjusting. Castle walls should have the highest vantage points on the map.

Back
Top Bottom