Resolved Siege and Army Bugs

Users who are viewing this thread

You guys need to also set up a link tagged to the top of the list of very specific known issues or get someone from the community to organize player feedback at the very least.

Hi, can you please give me more info using the template below?

Summary:
How to Reproduce:
Quest/Settlement Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Version:
Installed community-made modifications:

How to Reproduce: Finish tutorial, run to Vlandia, pick up Nogand (Brother), grind to T6 clan, join as Lord, Marry Liena, wage war with Sturgia and siege Castles Kranirog and/or Nevyansk then leave army.
Quest/Settlement Name (if related): Kranirog Castle and Nevyansk Castle predominantly
Media (Screenshots & Video): Can obtain later if needed. Follow the link to the imgur page as well this forum only displays 2 of the 3 pictures.
Version: 1.5.0
Installed community-made modifications: None. Use a launcher to assist with load order. Have used Modlib and Char. Exporter in another game and got same results. This play through in the 3 pictures above shows not modded game play. I have verified my steam cache after every update as well. (Thank you! :smile: )

I'd like to note also that I have had the siege issues since release. The army issue is version 1.5.0 exclusive.

Last edited:
I'm running into similar issues at Nevyansk Castle today.

n3ZKCtZ.jpg

I've just joined the Sturgians and I need to fix things quick. I've just rushed Varcheg to take it back and ran on to Nevyansk Castle to do the same. I get swarmed just as I finish the first trebuchet so attack I must.

Now, I must say, I really like the layout of Nevyansk. That kill-corridor to the gate is brutal, it's amazing. In previous campaigns this was always one of my last sieges so I was knocking down walls. This would obviously prove to be a lot more painful.

Unfortunately, it looks like the position of the siege ladders needs to be fixed because my men were just dancing in front of the ladders until, after about 5 laps, they decide to take one of the ladders. Even with just 8 defenders on the wall the Vlandians were having a picknick. I went up the ladder on the right and tried to hold out for my guys to come up but the defences are pretty impressive, you can't 1-man this on realistic damage at all.

Left wall:
bbVTJeE.jpg

Right wall:
2edhyk9.jpg

What about the gate, you ask? So after standing in that kill-corridor, getting shot from both sides, they still manage to break down both gates. And then decide that it's more fun to take the ladders up...

qWiHIk2.jpg

Leaving a rather disappointed Vlandian defense all ready in their conga line:
NrIRcUf.jpg

My men, miraculously, actually overcame the defenses on the right wall eventually. (God bless a good Ulfhednar) Only to just pose there waiting for the arrows to hit. Like a cat that's finally caught a mouse and lost its hunter's instinct.

bN5VGZP.jpg

This should have been a close battle. One that I could easily lose because of the excellent archer positions here. But I'm losing decisively because of the ladders and AI pathfinding, unfortunately.

Last edited:
I've taken the liberty of uploading the save at the moment shown in the first pic, linking to this thread.

Version 1.5.3. Stable
Mods:
True Relations
SavingOverhaul
Party Screen Enhancements
Crafted Item Copyright
Smith Stamina Regen Patch

I have been informed that this issue is fixed on our development branch and the fix will be implemented with the upcoming patches. Thanks for reporting!

Back
Top Bottom