Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

ManicMan

Recruit
Summary: I have had this bug since 1.1.3 I think, during sieges I always lose control of the army once an allied party joins I can't initiate to attack using the menu, it's greyed out and when I leave the siege and rejoin only then I can attack but I am not the leader anymore diminishing my chances of acquiring the fief I started sieging.

I have the same issue but in my case I'm just glad that my faction wins the fight with low casualties. At least I'm in control of the siege engines and build all of them, destroying the enemy siege engines and walls, then leave so they attack an join the fight again.
I know it's annoying because you do all the work for even less renown, influence and loot because you are not the leader of the attack but like mentioned before I'm just happy my buddies win easily.

This is intended as the joined NPC'S are generally the commanders of the faction or the ranks are high than the player.

This is intended as the joined NPC'S are generally the commanders of the faction or the ranks are high than the player.
If this is intended, why do the time and resources I put into the siege before the arrival of friendly AI not factor into the reward at the end? Today I only ended up with 1% of the loot and less than 1 renown after I laid siege for many days, spent a significant amount of renown on cohesion, and money on food. AI joins at the last minute and steals everything.

This is game breaking to me. Why would I ever try to lay siege to a castle if friendly AI is nearby that can swoop in and steal all of my work?

Well it's a crap mechanic, change it. I sieged a town down for nearly 5 minutes only to lose it to some random noble, not even the faction leader. I have hundreds more troops then their army, I started the siege, I invested the time, I did the work.

I get ZERO benefits from how this works, not to mention sometimes the lord/lady never launches the siege even if they outnumber the enemies 10 to 1 after this stupidity is pulled.

Back
Top Bottom