Resolved Siege AI pathfinding on walls bug?

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.
Summary: Army took the walls of the city, but troops who came up each ladder tried to walk to the other ladder or stood around. This clogged the wall so that the entire attacking army was stuck in this pathfinding issue. Both sets of ladders had the same issue. Only a few defenders left but they are on walls near gate. They aren't defending the ladders and the attacking army can't get to them because of the pathfinding glitch.

(edit: Occasionally some of them fell off the wall, but most returned to the glitched group. Enough eventually fell off and attacked the remaining defenders that the battle resolved after 25-30 min of this glitch.)

How to Reproduce: Not sure, never seen it happen before. No siege engines constructed. Assault was ladders only. Gate was never opened.

Have you used cheats and if so which: no, but do have two mods installed (Freelancer; Distinct Empire)
Scene Name (if related): Odokh
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

Last edited:
Happened again on the same map (Odokh). Ladders-only assault. This time I was able to open the gate before dying.

Using a mod called Freelancer, so in both instances I was unable to give commands to any troops to fix the glitch.

Hello, please let me know if you can reproduce the issue on a new campaign after manually removing all of the mod files and verifying the integrity of the game files.

We are marking this thread as resolved as the requested information has not been provided. Please let us know if the issue is persistent.

Back
Top Bottom