should there be a cultural variety of armor and weapons in the game?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I've mentioned is that Chinese system relies heavily on the Mandate of Heaven influence and the agricultural society, and hence, supply lines is always an issue.

In the later Han (Eastern Han) it was not the XiongNu but the Western Hill/Forest tribes (Qiang, 羌)that finally exhausted the Han Dynasty.

In Tang Dynasty, it's not the northern Goturks (突厥) nor 回紇, but the Himalayan Plateau Tu (吐蕃)Tibetan empire in the mountains that were the actual threats.

___
And it's very funny if you think about it for 3000 years, initially the threats to China started from predominantly North by the pre XiongNu nomads, in later Han, it turns to West with the Qiang uprising and endless culling, Then South West by the tibetan TuBo and Mongol had to go all the way around b4 eliminating Song Dynasty....then South by Western nations in the Ming Dynasty through GuangZhou, then East by Japan in late Qin early Republic..... all the way around a circle :razz:

Last edited:
Anyway, ancient Chinese ruling system are vastly different from the Medieval Europe, and it just cannot likely to coexist in the base game's mechanics.
Good post, but, lets be real, it's a game and European Feudal economies are not accurately depicted either. We also must acknowledge that economies in pre-conquest Ireland were not the same as the economy in the ERE neither was the economy of the Franks the same as the other two. If this is the great migration period feudalism is only just being established in many countries, while it has been established in some countries for a while and where again in the ERE the economy has far more aspects of capitalism.

So again there really is no argument for historical reality in a game set in a fantasy world. Where it would be near impossible to actually implement a good representation of the different economic systems that existed.

One thing I've mentioned is that Chinese system relies heavily on the Mandate of Heaven influence and the agricultural society, and hence, supply lines is always an issue.

In the later Han (Eastern Han) it was not the XiongNu but the Western Hill/Forest tribes (Qiang, 羌)that finally exhausted the Han Dynasty.

In Tang Dynasty, it's not the northern Goturks (突厥) nor 回紇, but the Himalayan Plateau Tu (吐蕃)Tibetan empire in the mountains that were the actual threats.

___
And it's very funny if you think about it for 3000 years, initially the threats to China started from predominantly North by the pre XiongNu nomads, in later Han, it turns to West with the Qiang uprising and endless culling, Then South West by the tibetan TuBo and Mongol had to go all the way around b4 eliminating Song Dynasty....then South by Western nations in the Ming Dynasty through GuangZhou, then East by Japan in late Qin early Republic..... all the way around a circle :razz:
I'm not talking about the history or the culture, but more about the in-game content, if they add a faction based in China.

Good post, but, lets be real, it's a game and European Feudal economies are not accurately depicted either. We also must acknowledge that economies in pre-conquest Ireland were not the same as the economy in the ERE neither was the economy of the Franks the same as the other two. If this is the great migration period feudalism is only just being established in many countries, while it has been established in some countries for a while and where again in the ERE the economy has far more aspects of capitalism.

So again there really is no argument for historical reality in a game set in a fantasy world. Where it would be near impossible to actually implement a good representation of the different economic systems that existed.

Which is the reason why there's no reason to add a china-based faction. We have the Khuzait, and the only different between them and a China-based faction is the fact that they have different culture. Their armors and weapons are almost the same.

Why add a whole new faction when the only differences are the culture, which is not really well implemented into the game, and the troop focusing more on infantry, the weakest type of troop, instead of cavalry. If we add China in as a faction, it'd just be a weaker version of the Khuzait with the same gear.

19060162_29981248380408%2B2.jpg
Mongolian-Warriors-Armor-4.jpg

I'm not talking about the history or the culture, but more about the in-game content, if they add a faction based in China.

Which is the reason why there's no reason to add a china-based faction. We have the Khuzait, and the only different between them and a China-based faction is the fact that they have different culture. Their armors and weapons are almost the same.

Why add a whole new faction when the only differences are the culture, which is not really well implemented into the game, and the troop focusing more on infantry, the weakest type of troop, instead of cavalry. If we add China in as a faction, it'd just be a weaker version of the Khuzait with the same gear.
They could use firelance, fire arrows why not ?

I very much agreed with the rest of lazygamers very unlazy post. There is a world of difference between the Huns or Mongol's and the Chinese. It's chalk and cheese. Complete opposites. In every way you have a cavalry based faction, the mongols vs an infantry based faction the Chinese.

To be clear my position is just for adding more factions, as DLC at some point in the future. My preference would be for a Japanese faction. Sorry China but Samurai vs knight is way cooler. There's also so much map to the South they should add an African faction too. But I'd also be happy with the Chinese.

The Khuzait have lamellar armor in the game too...

Sure, there'll be mods for that too. Not enough an incentive to add a whole new faction to the game tho.
the more content the better, the game is still very empty
And the khuzait lamellar armor its so ugly damm
the Darkhan its a turkish armor, its cool..

I very much agreed with the rest of lazygamers very unlazy post. There is a world of difference between the Huns or Mongol's and the Chinese. It's chalk and cheese. Complete opposites. In every way you have a cavalry based faction, the mongols vs an infantry based faction the Chinese.

To be clear my position is just for adding more factions, as DLC at some point in the future. My preference would be for a Japanese faction. Sorry China but Samurai vs knight is way cooler. There's also so much map to the South they should add an African faction too. But I'd also be happy with the Chinese.
I agree with you, if there is any dlc in the future in relation to that it would be much better than another napoleonic wars

Again, none of the huge different in economic and culture between Mongol and China is gonna work in Bannerlord. As far as I can tell, the only real different between factions' "cultures" are troop types and equipments. Adding a china-based faction is just gonna create another inferior version of the Khuzait that focuses on infantries. And we all know how great infantries are in Bannerlord.

the more content the better, the game is still very empty
And the khuzait lamellar armor its so ugly damm
the Darkhan its a turkish armor, its cool..
The lamellar armor looks cool, like a real armor, instead of those fancy movie armor filled with decoration that's probably heavier than the armor itself.
That said, I'm down for more DLCs tho, just not another Khuzait copy and paste.

I agree with you, if there is any dlc in the future in relation to that it would be much better than another napoleonic wars
Absolutely! There's no way I would buy a Napoleonic wars DLC. I want them to focus on expanding this world that they've created rather than a total conversion DLC. Total conversions are the realm of mods. Game expansion should be DLC.

Last edited:
I just have to say I'm grateful for TW allow me to go into controlling my own character in an hundreds man battle that is not as lame as Dynasty Warriors Empires, it's superior in every aspect (except for bikini armor).

Have always want a strategy game that allows you to play both top/down strategic layer and control individual character/unit since late 90s but there were always something missing. While Bannerlord is not perfect, it is by far the most satisfying.

Funny I have not played warband until 2 months ago....10 years after it's available -_-, missed out on a lot of fun that could be had.

I have faith (hopefully well placed) that good things are to come as bugs gets ironed out and game is more polished as we progress through EA, and with the example of previous MB games, I shall soon conquer Japan, GoT, Middle Earth, Tamriel...etc as campaign/overhaul mods start to pour out in the hopefully not so distant future

Again, none of the huge different in economic and culture between Mongol and China is gonna work in Bannerlord. As far as I can tell, the only real different between factions' "cultures" are troop types and equipments. Adding a china-based faction is just gonna create another inferior version of the Khuzait that focuses on infantries. And we all know how great infantries are in Bannerlord.

The lamellar armor looks cool, like a real armor, instead of those fancy movie armor filled with decoration that's probably heavier than the armor itself.
Its not because its chinese that its come from a "Movie" and Chinese armor its not a COPY and PASTE of mongol ones haha

My point is that none of the factions are historically accurate so why would it matter if we added more factions which are not historically accurate.The only point that I'm interested in is would it be fun? Would it make the game better?

I'm really not interested in jumping into a debate between two other people. I disagreed with lazygamer on his take on the economy because different economies existed during this time period. It's again near impossible to accurately depict it, so who cares if the Chinese economy is depicted accurately when the Celtic economy isn't,the Frankish economy isn't, I'm going to guess that the Kievan-Rus economy isn't depicted accurately. So why in the world would the inability to depict the Chinese economy be any factor. All arguments of historical reality are nonsense. Unless we're talking about adding guns or magic or anything that really could not have existed.

3091859101_d1b2216df0_z.jpg
Samurai-Museum02.jpg
medieval-lamellar-stainless-steel-armor-body-suit-2.jpg
main-qimg-82855a67c8f8368e06503604f4052a41

If you can't see the difference, review your concepts, remembering none of these armor was taken from a movie where people fly and repel 3000 arrows with a sword, and stop using a novel as an example.

The game is simple, all the mechanics in it are simple, it is fun, it was not made to be a historical copy of the failure of our ancestors, stop complicating it with the theories in your head, I doubt that you would not play if it were inspired in the world of tolkien or GoT, there is nothing complex like that in the game, where is the economy? what it means for you I bet that if they change the currency to another name you wouldn't even notice, you just sell and buy, buy workshops with what you have in the villages, buy caravans for what? give you money, you don't become an entrepreneur in this game, stop talking about economics, since in the whole game there is only one currency for all these strange kingdoms, no? the only thing that matters is whether you have the currency or not to buy the sword you want if you want it to be a historical copy you should add gore, more battle formations and a trillion more. We can't even see the general's head falling when we cut it off, the game was not meant to be real life

The game is simple, all the mechanics in it are simple, it is fun, it was not made to be a historical copy of the failure of our ancestors, stop complicating it with the theories in your head, I doubt that you would not play if it were inspired in the world of tolkien or GoT, there is nothing complex like that in the game, where is the economy? what it means for you I bet that if they change the currency to another name you wouldn't even notice, you just sell and buy, buy workshops with what you have in the villages, buy caravans for what? give you money, you don't become an entrepreneur in this game, stop talking about economics, since in the whole game there is only one currency for all these strange kingdoms, no? the only thing that matters is whether you have the currency or not to buy the sword you want if you want it to be a historical copy you should add gore, more battle formations and a trillion more. We can't even see the general's head falling when we cut it off, the game was not meant to be real life

That didn't respond to a single thing he pointed out....

This is your opinion, if you prefer a Japanese armor all right, but withdrawing from the game just because you thought it was ugly is nonsense, I'm not asking to remove the lamellar khuzait from the game, If you didn't like it, don't wear it

- snipped the non-English bits -

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the artwork of the development team, how to make the product is their freedom and right, we can provide advice but can't ask the other side to do anything. If necessary, you can use the MOD tool to develop other content. And the game already has nomads who represent eastern cultures. Although not han
这个是开发团队的艺术品,怎么制作产品是他们的自由和权力,我们可以提供建议但是不能要求对方做什么事情。如果有需要可以借助MOD工具开发其他的内容。而且再游戏中已经有代表东方文化的游牧民族了。虽然不是汉族。这个帖子会引起误会的

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the artwork of the development team, how to make the product is their freedom and right, we can provide advice but can't ask the other side to do anything. If necessary, you can use the MOD tool to develop other content. And the game already has nomads who represent eastern cultures. Although not han
I just wanted to know if they are going to expand the crafting system for armor too, if so, it would be a very cool idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom