Should Earth be united?

Users who are viewing this thread

I was writing a post on a thread but decided it deserved its own topic.

Why are peoples fighting the EU?

Unity is important, we're not in the middle ages anymore.
Europe should be united, hell... Earth should be united into one banner.

That's the only way we can advance as a species.
I'm not talking about a heavily centralized united Earth (that's impossible) but maybe a Federation?

Do you think it would be possible and good for the species that Earth be united?

Like i said, a heavily centralized government would be impossible but a federation would be possible IMO.

What do you think?

I reckon a federation would just lead to the most powerful players dicking over the rest and the rest fighting amongst themselves trying to become powerful players. Kind of like it is now. I don't think the idea of a united Earth is something that can ever really happen, and if it did, I wouldn't count on it to last more than a century.

Yeah, I'd say that's a stretch of statement considering that we've been advancing through killing each other gentlemanly sport of upper classes. I really doubt humanity can be united as long as its population is more than one.

EDIT: Even more, we reached Moon because two, let's say, mortal enemies raced to be first to touch the stars. And now that we're two steps closer to 'being united' traveling to Moon is considered too expensive, so **** it. So yeah, I'd say that if we're ever to actually leave Earth, then we need people that would want to achieve this ridiculous (with current and 'what's possible' technology) goal just in spite of the others that would pursue it as well.

TheFlyingFishy said:
Not really. Not uniting under one heading doesn't stop us from not killing each other and advancing as a species.
How do you expect a disunited Earth to colonize space?
You want countries to fight over colonies like we're in the 17-18th century?

RabbleKnight said:
Why are peoples fighting the EU?

Because the EU has failed to instill a European identity which would supplement or even surpass national ones. Also, as much as it pains me to say it, the rapid eastwards expansion was probably a mistake.

RabbleKnight said:
Unity is important, we're not in the middle ages anymore.
No, we're not. Now we have things like Germany, Italy and the Netherlands instead. Let's be honest here, was that really a step in the right direction?

RabbleKnight said:
That's the only way we can advance as a species.
Is it? Why do we need to involve everyone to advance?
RabbleKnight said:
Do you think it would be possible and good for the species that Earth be united?
Good? Maybe. Possible? No. The world just is barely on the first date yet. It would be like forcing a marriage on two 11 year olds.

kurczak said:
No, we're not. Now we have things like Germany, Italy and the Netherlands instead. Let's be honest here, was that really a step in the right direction?
Yes. Especially post cold war Germany.

I support the Illuminati and the new world order as long as they go with a democratic and federal model.  :iamamoron:
Freemason of the world, unite!
HXA8_.gif

PinCushion said:
kurczak said:
Yes. Especially post cold war Germany.

And it only took 150 years and two world wars to pay off! :lol:

Just messing with you, Germany. You know we can't live with or without you.

Back
Top Bottom