Should Earth be united?

Users who are viewing this thread

Scorpion pits have always been one of my favorites.

Untitled, UN has also been very, very successful but those successes tend to be overlooked. UNICEF, WHO and WFP would not have been possible without the overall umbrella and framework of the UN and all three have improved human life on this planet on a massive scale. Of course, not many people even realize that they are part of the UN.

MadVader said:
We'll probably be forcibly united under some alien occupation administration. Bicker while you can.
I'm actually looking forward to that.
Here the various positive outcome of being colonized by space Europeans.
The Aliens will unite us.
We'll learn their technology.
We'll learn about the world out there.

Worst outcome is we stay enslaved to them for thousand of years without moving up.
But the best case scenarios is we either rebel and keep their technology and unity or maybe they promote us as equal.

There lot of opportunity for advancement if we get colonized by Aliens.

RabbleKnight said:
Worst outcome is we stay enslaved to them for thousand of years without moving up.
Nah. The worst outcome would be that they wipe us all out because they only want our planet.

RabbleKnight said:
MadVader said:
We'll probably be forcibly united under some alien occupation administration. Bicker while you can.

But the best case scenarios is we either rebel and keep their technology and unity or maybe they promote us as equal.

Yeah, they'll totally not slaughter us like we would any aliens we'd find. It'd be ****ing pocahontas v2. No, getting colonised by aliens would not be a good thing for us. We'd all probably die of alien diseases in the case they didn't outright handle us like cattle.

You're assuming: 1) we haven't already been colonized; 2) a race advanced enough to cross galaxies would have a use for our planet or the motivation to kill us; 3) their biology and the reliant microbiota is compatible with our environment or bodies; 4) communication of any kind is even possible with them; 5) they would need to use violence or prohibition to coerce us to fulfill their agenda; 6) our destruction is negative or should be avoided.

A civilisation with space traveling technology relying on slave labour also sounds meh. 2/10 would not get colonised

RabbleKnight said:
MadVader said:

This seems like a subtle endorsement of white colonialism.
I'm in.

Just the thought of the bureaucracy necessary to keep a central earth government in place should be enough to ban this thought from any sensible mind.

Is that some kind of resentment towards people with cushy jobs or taxation?
Anyway, that's nothing a future AI can't deal with it. Bureaucratic tasks are particularly suitable for automation.

I just wonder why people want even more government when what we have already barely works. And it's not a job you can have an AI doing. You're adding a whole new layer of government. Unless you'd rather welcome our new robot overlords.

Back
Top Bottom