Should be able to marry your child

Users who are viewing this thread

A thread was created to complain that they WANT incest in the base game? I’m all for setting accuracy, but pick and choose your battles people

I'm amazed that you haven't started protests against Paradox with their CK games yet if you find it so disturbing in a virtual environment.
Doesn’t CK also have inbreeding punishments to go along with it? The system is built around it and it’s ramifications. The criticism here is people *****ing that there WONT be incest.......why are we pushing for incest in a game where this is a small aside and not a main feature (as who you marry is HUGE in CK) and just keeping it as a simple “adult male and female” gets the job done.

You aren’t controlling the armies in the field in CK

You aren’t running a trade consortium in CK

You aren’t chasing down Bandits and raiding their lairs in CK

So I find it acceptable to roll your eyes at someone griping that incest won’t be in this game

The OPs idea is idiotic, but if we look in history, TW could really reconsider the age in which children can be married away or drafted into armies:
Mathilde, Daughter of emperor Otto II., was most likely 14 when she married her husband Ezzo.
Gisela, Daughter of Henry "the Wrangler" of Bavaria, was 10 when she married Stephan of Hungary, if the sources list her year of birth correct
Gisela of Swabia was 13 when she married her 1st husband Brun and 17 when she, now a widow, married her 2nd husband.
Eleanor of Aquitaine was 15 when she married first.
and so on... you could make a really long list. In middle age, it was common for noblemens children to marry really early. There is no reason TW couldn't lower the age children (or little brother and sister) become characters. Personally, I think 16 would be a good compromise between historical accuracy and modern moralistic thinking - Bannerlord is no middle-age simulation, and I don't want children marriages. Waiting 18 years to get main chars children playable just overextends my patience.

The OP has a point, in that challenging social taboos--or at least questioning them--deserves a place in gaming. Homosexuality, sexual promiscuity, cold-blooded murder, vampirism, cannibalism, cheating on ones' income tax, and voting Republican are all fair topics for debate, imo.

But regarding incest in particular, the social taboos arose, imo, from the very real genetic consequences of heterosexual unions that produce offspring. There's a reason the Royal Houses of Europe are all barking mad haemophiliacs. Who would want to doom their children to such a fate?

Let’s just put the dagger in this:

If you are able to order your own child to marry you and have kids, the game now has an exploitable system to where you just keep marrying your child instead of competing in the market for other suitors.

So let’s just get rid of this potential “exploit” and call it a day

Players choice if they want to do that so be it, why would you care if it is possible?

TW said: we will fix it.
My point is: just leave it in, it's a sandbox RPG.

Back
Top Bottom