Should be able to marry your child

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm amazed that you haven't started protests against Paradox with their CK games yet if you find it so disturbing in a virtual environment.
The community won't even accept the suggestion of adding something harmless like Plate Armor into the game because of "historical accuracy" despite it being a fantasy world, you really think you're gonna convince them about something as taboo as incestuous relationships? Good luck with that one lol.

I do however find it hilarious that the same people who argue about plate armor breaking their historical realism due to it not fitting the time period of this fantasy world are the same people who would argue against adding something such as incestuous relationships which also have real historical precedence especially in royal families for the time period. It seems they only care about the importance of historical accuracy for certain aspects of the game, and not for others.

Last edited:
Oi, if you say you disagree then support your argument.

CK games are pure incest, only see people laughing about it there. Don't know where the **** would come from.

CK games embrace their absurdity and all the dialogue is written with a cohesive sense of humour. On the other hand Bannerlord is far too stilted and poorly written for a joke like that to land, so it just becomes awkward.

I do however find it hilarious that the same people who argue about plate armor breaking their historical realism due to it not fitting the time period of this fantasy world are the same people who would argue against adding something such as incestuous relationships which also have real historical precedence especially in royal families for the time period. It seems they only care about the importance of historical accuracy for certain aspects of the game, and not for others.

Marrying your own children isn't something that has a historical precedent, and incestuous relationships even between cousins were something done out of dynastic desparation, not just because they felt like it. Also I don't think many people would want to play a game which even implies that you can be a pedophile.

Marrying your own children isn't something that has a historical precedent, and incestuous relationships even between cousins were something done out of dynastic desparation, not just because they felt like it. Also I don't think many people would want to play a game which even implies that you can be a pedophile.
Don't get me wrong, i'm not at all supporting this suggestion lol. To be fair to the original poster though i'm pretty sure his suggestion would only apply to offspring that were "of legal age", and was not meant about literal children, but rather just the offspring of his player character that had "come of age".

Also nowhere in my post did I suggest that the reason for incestuous relationships was "just because they felt like it", cousin marriages are still VERY common today in some parts of the world so let's not act like it's unheard of and ONLY done out of desperation, because that's simply false.

My point was, if you are going to insist on historical accuracy, you don't get to cherry-pick which aspects of realism apply to the game world if you want people to take your arguments about the importance of historical accuracy seriously. Though you are correct in there being no historical precedence for marrying your own children at least as far as I am aware, so maybe that specific example isn't a very good one, but we can apply this to the broader subject of incestuous relationships in general, including cousin marriage, which still persists to this day and which ide be willing to wager the vast majority of the community would be against adding into the game regardless.

Last edited:
My point was, if you are going to insist on historical accuracy, you don't get to cherry-pick which aspects of realism apply to the game world if you want people to take your arguments about the importance of historical accuracy seriously.

I agree here and I definitely think most of the people who say stuff like "I want more historical accuracy" are more like "I want the game to fit a specific stereotype I have in my head", hence why there are 100 locked threads with people complaining that there are too many women in the game.

However I think there are some things you just shouldn't depict in a video game no matter how common they were, for example no game about WW2 is going to have you building concentration camps or raping and genociding your way through Russia, even though that was literally the entire point of the war from the German perspective. People play video games for fun, and having rape, genocide or torture be part of that is just extremely poor taste, and the only people who are going to enjoy that sort of thing shouldn't be encouraged by a video game.

Marrying your child is nowhere near that level, but it still gives off an "only a pedophile is going to enjoy this" vibe. On the other hand making the armour and weapons more accurate does not.

So OP since apparently you like incest so much I have to ask you is your last name Von Habsburg

If it was just incest I wouldnt think too much of it, perhaps a Lannister roleplay was in the making.

But he's not talking about his brother/sister (read: someone in the same age-span).

He’s talking about going ham and marrying his own child, live out a sandbox fantasy.

My personal opinion is that something like CK3 or the like should be added.

Your kids can marry and then have grand children. Perhaps they should seek out a spouse on their own accord and you as the parent approve of the marriage.

To be honest the Vlandians already have some equipment that is out of this time period.

I personally support plate armor.

I agree here and I definitely think most of the people who say stuff like "I want more historical accuracy" are more like "I want the game to fit a specific stereotype I have in my head", hence why there are 100 locked threads with people complaining that there are too many women in the game.

However I think there are some things you just shouldn't depict in a video game no matter how common they were, for example no game about WW2 is going to have you building concentration camps or raping and genociding your way through Russia, even though that was literally the entire point of the war from the German perspective. People play video games for fun, and having rape, genocide or torture be part of that is just extremely poor taste, and the only people who are going to enjoy that sort of thing shouldn't be encouraged by a video game.

Marrying your child is nowhere near that level, but it still gives off an "only a pedophile is going to enjoy this" vibe. On the other hand making the armour and weapons more accurate does not.
Well Said!

I do however find it hilarious that the same people who argue about plate armor breaking their historical realism due to it not fitting the time period of this fantasy world are the same people who would argue against adding something such as incestuous relationships which also have real historical precedence especially in royal families for the time period.

Marrying your own child has about zero historical precedent among royal families in the 11th century, lol.

Cousin marriage is already possible in Bannerlord since the game doesn't track relationships that far.

Honestly I just want my plate armor already lol, but thankfully some saintly modders have fulfilled that need, praise be to people with good taste, I no longer need to convince people that adding plate armor wouldn't be the end of the world, and have pointless conversations about what is and isnt historically accurate when the truth is plate armor is just aesthetically pleasing and fits the general medieval theme. I can just add it to my own playthrough and everything will be dandy. Not sure why this dude wants to marry his kids tbh, he's probably just trolling us.

So you decided to believe people were ****ing their own kids in the 11th century?
Never did I suggest anything of the sort, or make any such claims. My reply specifically said "incestuous relationships" and nowhere did I say people were shagging their own kids, furthermore I even clarified as such in my other replies in the thread. I even went on to specify cousin marriages were what I was referring to when I used this terminology. Don't really know where you are coming up with the rest of that garbage tbh.

Never did I suggest anything of the sort, or make any such claims.

Then who were you referring to here?
I do however find it hilarious that the same people who argue about plate armor breaking their historical realism due to it not fitting the time period of this fantasy world are the same people who would argue against adding something such as incestuous relationships

The thread is about marrying your own kids. People are (predictably) reacting with, "Ew, no." You can already do cousin marriage in the game and nobody -- not in this thread or on this forum -- has ever complained about Mesui's first husband being her cousin.

It is just the own child angle that gets responses.

Then who were you referring to here?
I don't know what you mean by this?

The thread is about marrying your own kids. People are (predictably) reacting with, "Ew, no." You can already do cousin marriage in the game and nobody -- not in this thread or on this forum -- has ever complained about Mesui's first husband being her cousin.

It is just the own-child angle.

Child-Marriage is gross, I downvote this posters idea that Tw should add it, Incest is also gross, so I also downvote that idea.
Original poster is probably a pedo or a troll, and does not receive any support from me whatsoever.

I was trying and apparently failing to draw a comparison between the broader subject of adding Incestuous relationships into the game which on the level of cousin marriages has historical precedence, and the lack of desire for the addition of plate armor to the game which in this hypothetical time period does not historically fit. But as you've pointed out (and of which I was not aware) that cousin marriages already do exist in the game, and no such negative outcry exists against it, therefor my comparison does not work as I have been proven wrong.

Stop attempting to put words in my mouth and just read what I'm saying rather than speculating over what you think i'm saying.

Last edited:
Child-Marriage is gross, I downvote this posters idea that Tw should add it, Incest is also gross, so I also downvote that idea.
Killing virtual people with greatswords, hammers and axes, making a battlefield look like a blood ocean, listening to wounded people's screaming and watching them dying - well, that's ok.

An incest between two virtual 3D models (which would've been optional for sure) - it's gross no way!

Are you, by any chance, one of those weirdy people, who has nothing against an excessive violence and gore but go bat**** crazy as soon as a naked woman/man appears on a screen?

Killing virtual people with greatswords, hammers and axes, making a battlefield look like a blood ocean, listening to wounded people's screaming and watching them dying - well, that's ok.

An incest between two virtual 3D models (which would've been optional for sure) - it's gross no way!

Yes, at least in pretty much every society on Earth.

Violence can be recontextualised into a game mechanic, it can be abstracted, it can be a metaphor for something else, it can be sanitised etc etc etc. Even real life violence is often acceptable sometimes. Meanwhile incest is just fetishistic by its very nature, it is always a taboo, even if you only insinuate it. And if you add children or even teenagers to the mix, it just becomes something that almost nobody is going to want to associate with.

Damn, the OP said he doesn't even play single player so it doesn't affect him in the slightest. It's the equivalent of someone shouting "cultural appropriation" when you post a halloween costume on social media. Or whatever nonsense comes out of Anita Sarkeesian's mouth these days.

I thought it was a stupid topic at the start but now that we are close to 40 posts, I salute you Horatius. Well trolled, sir.

Are you, by any chance, one of those weirdy people, who has nothing against an excessive violence and gore but go bat**** crazy as soon as a naked woman/man appears on a screen?

OP isn’t primarily talking about incest. He’s talking about ****ing his kids.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom