Short Peace and Preventing Village Looting and Sending Multiple Patrols

Users who are viewing this thread

Peace!

You know, Taleworlds couldn't pull the role-playing mechanics of Bannerlord even beyond Warband, and they announced a full release date... well, we hope they are hiding huge surprises for October 25 🤲 That's why I started Warband and again because of the objects that annoyed me from the game I can't enjoy it, I need help for these from friends who have experience in coding. I have three problems:

1 - Short-lived peace.
Peaces end in a very short time even though we are struggling very hard to get it. I don't want to destroy all the states and end the game right away, I want to play for a long time.

What am I looking for? Controlling how long the peaces I've made will last.

2 - Village loot.
This has to be the most boring mechanic. I'm tired of constantly getting reports of villages being looted. Nor am I going to send a hundred-man patrol to every village.

What am I looking for? Destroy the village raid mechanic. No one should be able to loot villages, the game should not have such a feature.

3 - Difficulty of sending patrols to each place separately.
As you know, there is a nice feature in Diplomacy that we call patrolling, but it is difficult to send patrols to a hundred villages one by one.

What am I looking for? Let the Commissioner have such a dialogue that he sends first, second or third quality troops to every village I have, and receives all their money in bulk.
Addendum: Similarly, it would be nice if there was a dialogue like build a mill, build a messenger post in all the villages I own.

Thanks in advance to those who can explain how to do these for both Native and Diplomacy.
Peace!

Thanks in advance to those who can explain how to do these for both Native and Diplomacy.
The answer is... you just write some scripts. Learn some modding and look into SP mods' source code to gain experience in SP scripting in order to know how to deal with campaign/ world map events; here is a nice list of all LSP/ OSP mods to draw inspiration/ resources from: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/list-osp-lsp-modifications.377920/.

Modding Q&A is for short answers related to minor problems and should not be used for requests (I am sorry but your thread seems like a giant request with merely a description of your desired functions and features with no actual technical queries).

Upvote 0
1 - Short-lived peace.
Peaces end in a very short time even though we are struggling very hard to get it. I don't want to destroy all the states and end the game right away, I want to play for a long time.

What am I looking for? Controlling how long the peaces I've made will last.
Basically you would need a trigger which counts the time after peace is being made and which prevents within a specific time frame that war is getting declared again between these two factions.

2 - Village loot.
This has to be the most boring mechanic. I'm tired of constantly getting reports of villages being looted. Nor am I going to send a hundred-man patrol to every village.

What am I looking for? Destroy the village raid mechanic. No one should be able to loot villages, the game should not have such a feature.
Try to identify the triggers which lets the ai do the looting and deactive/prevent it.

3 - Difficulty of sending patrols to each place separately.
As you know, there is a nice feature in Diplomacy that we call patrolling, but it is difficult to send patrols to a hundred villages one by one.

What am I looking for? Let the Commissioner have such a dialogue that he sends first, second or third quality troops to every village I have, and receives all their money in bulk.
Addendum: Similarly, it would be nice if there was a dialogue like build a mill, build a messenger post in all the villages I own.
Above you said that you don't want to sed a patrol to every village and now you want to send patrls to hundred villages? It's probably an expansion of the current patroll feature, giving another option to send them to multiple defined places at once. For the addendum, I thought one can already build building in Native, no?

Modding Q&A is for short answers related to minor problems and should not be used for requests
Please also mind what veledentella wrote. Modding Q&A is for a single question within a specific field, so that one can give an answer which can get marked for others with similar questions. Creating a question catalogue is hard to follow on.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom