[List] OSP/LSP Modifications

Users who are viewing this thread

Dejan

Community Manager
OSP/LSP Modifications List

The following is a list of modifications made for Mount & Blade series that have been at some point released partly or fully as an OSP/LSP. This list offers a quick overview of these modifications, the nature of their permissions and which part of the project was released as OSP/LSP.

This list is of informative nature and does not act as a replacement for permissions listed on each separate modification. The modifications listed here might also contain OSP/LSP assets/code that was made by different creators. It is your responsibility to make sure you read the conditions and usage rights of any assets/code you want to use and to act in accordance with them and the modding guidelines found here.

Mount&Blade Modifications

[OSP]
BNL Eighty Years of War - Source, Assets
[OSP] Craftmod Community Expansion Project - Source Only
[OSP] Fire Arrow - Source Only
[OSP] Garnier's Gameplay Mod - Source, Assets
[OSP] Knights Mod - Textures Only (Link not working)
[OSP] The Eagle and The Radiant - Source Only
[OSP] The Inheritance Cycle - Source Only

Mount&Blade: Warband Modifications

[LSP]
28 days - Source Only
[OSP] 1257 AD - Source Only
[OSP] 1429: The Hundred Years War - Source, Assets (Links not working)
[OSP] Age of False Innocence - Source, Assets
[OSP] Animation Variety Mod - Source, Assets
[OSP] Arena survival - native gamemode - Source
[OSP] Assassin Hunt - Source Only
[OSP] Battle of Europe - Source, Assets
[OSP] Battle Time! - The co-op mod - Source Only
[OSP] Bear Force II - Source Only
[OSP] Beween Empires - Source Only
[LSP] Blood and Steel - Source, Graphical Content
[OSP] Brytenwalda - Source, Assets
[OSP] Civilians Mod - Source
[OSP] Crusader - A Way To Expiation - Source, Assets
[LSP] Diplomacy - Source, Assets (source code of Diplomacy 4.3+ from Steam)
[OSP] Expanded Horizons - Assets
[LSP] Fate / Throne of Heroes - Source, Scenes
[LSP] Floris Mod Pack - Source, Assets
[OSP] Game of Thrones Roleplay Module - Source Only
[OSP] Gekokujo - Source, Assets (alternative download source)
[OSP] Grim Age - Assets Only
[OSP] Hispania 1200 - Source Only
[LSP] Iberia Map for Hispania 1200 - World Map Only
[LSP] Kingdom of Andria - Source Only
[OSP] Magic Mod: Curtain of Fire - Source Only
[OSP] Marauders of the Seven Seas - Source Only
[LSP] MB: Warlord - Assets Only
[OSP] Medieval Conquests - Source Only
[OSP] Medieval Realms - Source Only
[OSP] Mercantilism - Source Only
[OSP] Mount&Gladius v2.0 - Assets Only
[OSP] Nightfall of Middle Earth: Khazad Ai Menu - Source, Assets
[OSP] PARADIGM WORLDS - Source, Graphic Library
[LSP] Persistent Kingdoms - Source, Assets
[LSP] Persistent World - Source, Assets
[OSP] Realistic rePolished Map - Assets Only
[OSP] Rigale - Source Only
[LSP] Rome at War - Source, Assets
[LSP] Rus 13th Century: Way of the Warrior - Source Only
[OSP] Sands of Egypt - Source, Assets (Link not working)
[LSP] Sayazn - Assets Only
[OSP] Scaedumar Mod - Source Only
[OSP] Sclavinia - Source, Assets
[OSP] Sevenheart - Source
[OSP] Shogun - Sengoku Jidai - Assets Only
[LSP] Silverstag - Source Only
[LSP] Suvarnabhumi Mahayuth - Source Only
[OSP] Tainted Paths - Source Only
[OSP] Tama’s Enhanced Native Mod - Source, Assets
[OSP] Teutonic Order: Drang Nach Osten - Assets Only
[OSP] The Bones of Ragnvald - Source Only
[OSP] The Hundred Years War - Source, Assets
[LSP] The Last Days - Source, Items, Sounds, Music
[OSP] The Reckoning - Source, Assets
[OSP] Tocan's Calradia - Source Only
[OSP] Tohlobaria - Source, Assets
[OSP] Twilight of The Sun King - Source, Assets
[LSP] Vyrn - Source, Assets
[OSP] World of Noth - Source

Mount&Blade: With Fire & Sword Modifications

[OSP]
Demon Mod - Source Only
[OSP] Enhancement Mod - Source Only

Mount&Blade: Warband - Napoleonic Wars Modifications

[OSP]
Commander Battle AI For Napoleonic Wars - Source Only

Mount&Blade: Warband - Viking Conquest Modifications

[OSP]
I like vikings - Source Only
[OSP] Viking Conquest - Family Edition - Source Only
[LSP] VC Tweaks Tool: +80 tweaks the easy way! - Source Only
[OSP] D'ya Like Dags? - Viking Conquest Dog Companion Special Attacks - Source Only

License for using Mount&Blade: Warband - Viking Conquest source and assets in non-VC modifications can be found here.

While we're doing our best to add all of the modifications that were fully or partly released as OSP/LSP, more are being added continuously and we're bound to miss some of the old ones as well. Your help in completing and making sure the list stays updated would be greatly appreciated. Make sure to reply to this topic if you find a suitable OSP/LSP modification or if you're turning your own mod into an OSP/LSP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grim Age - Skirmish Mod
Furok said:
Hello everyone.

Here my presents is.

Now all materials of grim age mod is free to use!
Links below.
PART 1 (469 Mb) - Last singleplayer mod version https://yadi.sk/d/DTY17woRUh2VN
Mostly to have acces to brf and texture files, and units items assignment

PART 2 (401 Mb) - Models in OBJ and SMD with textures in DDS per unit. Plus some SOUNDS made for mod https://yadi.sk/d/Og63pCrNUh2X4

PART 3 (1,60 Gb) - All ART by different artists with illustrations, troop trees, promo materials etc. https://yadi.sk/d/d3DG49yTUh5PX

PART 4 (1,37 Gb) - It's TEXTURE references folder https://yadi.sk/d/NQFwhG-dUh8sa
(My advise is to download and extract all archives to one folder for comfort work)

Have a good day!

BNL Eighty Years of War Mod
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,158711.0.html

Hispania 1200 - Source code
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,290412.0.html

Added the note on VC, thank you for that kalarhan.

Grim Age and BNL Eighty Years of War mods also added. We will try to contact the creator of Hispania 1200 to clarify his statement. Thank you NPC99.

Expanded the topic to include the mods of the whole Mount & Blade series. Your help with completing the list is very much appreciated.

domipoppe said:
Game of Thrones Roleplay Module / Source Code release
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,325985.0.html
http://www.moddb.com/mods/game-of-thrones-roleplay-module

This source code package contains:
- the whole module system
- explanations
- the backend
- an old database

You have to recreate the database structure with the PHP files because I lost the original .sql file and I am honestly too lazy to do it on my own.

Note: The module was coded by me when I was a "newbie" on Warband scripting so there could be very bad scripting in some parts.

Download here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx1mi-HuUDJwdG02QVNkbEpGUGM/view?usp=sharing

Blood & Steel
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,127305.0.html

Forst ofall, thank you for the great initiative!

Here is another OSP mod: Sands of Egypt: topic and open source declaration

Might I suggest something: I would find it really helpful if you could also link to the OSP or LSP declaration by the modders for their respective mods.

Also are you sure about the asset status of some of the mods in your list? I could not find any declaration by the mods for some of them (for example Suvarnabhumi Mahayuth) - source code yes, but not assets.

Game of Thrones Roleplay Module, Blood&Steel and Sands of Egypt added.

I've also changed all the links to point directly to the OSP/LSP declaration. Thanks for that suggestion DerGreif. I've gone over the list again so hopefully, all the tags match the permissions correctly now but let me know if they don't. Keep sending the suitable modifications over!

Great! Thank you!

A couple of other OSP/LSP mods:
1429 la Guerre de Cent Ans - The Hundred Years War: topic (English version) and OSP declaration for source and assets
Age of False Innocence (AoFI): topic and OSP declaration for source and assets (credits requested)
Floris Mod Pack: topic and OSP declaration for source and most assets, source list for assets
Mount&Gladius V2.0 by Llew (not the new release!): topic and OSP declaration in one go (for at least assets)

I believe Shogun is assets only according to the OSP declaration.

EDIT: Silverstag: topic and OSP declaration for source only (might need WSE)

Thanks again!

May I suggest that this list is actually made OSP through the use of Github (or similar). In my opinion it would be far better if people could easily contribute to the list without having to wait for a specific person to update the list. Most lists like this die pretty quickly when the person managing it loses interest.

TommyBristol said:
May I suggest that this list is actually made OSP through the use of Github (or similar). In my opinion, it would be far better if people could easily contribute to the list without having to wait for a specific person to update the list. Most lists like this die pretty quickly when the person managing it loses interest.

That would probably work but it's perhaps a bit unnecessary. It's a positive thing to keep such lists within the boundaries of this forum. This list is also not massive and if people make their mods OSP/LSP we'll either notice that or they can reply here. There's also a couple of us that are moderating the modding section so we'll all make sure that it stays updated.

Are you sure ? I thought they allowed the use of the source only, not the assets...
Terms and Conditions: You are free to use and modify the mod (Rome at War) code as you wish, jus be kind enough to credit the author(s) of the code you'll be using. As long as the mod is being developed you do not have the right to use, modify or rerelease the models, textures, scenes or music of the mod in other projects, unless granted permission by a member of the team (Rgcotl or Seek n Destroy). You are free to modify the mod for personal use and you may create and release sub-mods so long as they require Rome at War as a base, with any additional resources you may add. The Rome at War team takes no responsibility of sub-mods. If the team makes an announcement stating they are no longer developing the mod you can consider the previous requirements null, just credit the authors of the resources you'll be using and don't use them for financial gain. This way nothing goes to waste and the team still gets some credit for their work.
Tl;dr: The code of Rome at War is free to use with proper credits. The resources (models, textures, scenes, music etc.) may be used for sub-mods (with additional legal content properly credited) that require Rome at War as a base. In cases of ambiguity, the full text shall prevail.

fladin said:

Are you sure ? I thought they allowed the use of the source only, not the assets...
Terms and Conditions: You are free to use and modify the mod (Rome at War) code as you wish, jus be kind enough to credit the author(s) of the code you'll be using. As long as the mod is being developed you do not have the right to use, modify or rerelease the models, textures, scenes or music of the mod in other projects, unless granted permission by a member of the team (Rgcotl or Seek n Destroy). You are free to modify the mod for personal use and you may create and release sub-mods so long as they require Rome at War as a base, with any additional resources you may add. The Rome at War team takes no responsibility of sub-mods. If the team makes an announcement stating they are no longer developing the mod you can consider the previous requirements null, just credit the authors of the resources you'll be using and don't use them for financial gain. This way nothing goes to waste and the team still gets some credit for their work.
Tl;dr: The code of Rome at War is free to use with proper credits. The resources (models, textures, scenes, music etc.) may be used for sub-mods (with additional legal content properly credited) that require Rome at War as a base. In cases of ambiguity, the full text shall prevail.

Well, as quoted their source is considered an OSP while their assets can be used in sub-mods without requiring any further permission. Generally, OSP means that you are free to use the "materials" in question while providing credit to the creator. If you then add additional limits and usage rights that immediately makes the "materials" LSP. That's the case with their assets. You're free to use them under certain conditions which is why they were also mentioned in the list and the appropriate LSP tag was added.

Again, this list is of purely informative nature. You should always read the conditions that apply to whatever it is you're trying to use.

William The Bear said:
We will try to contact the creator of Hispania 1200 to clarify his statement.

hispania_osp_code.jpg

To what extent do these guidelines apply to this list? It's part of the server monetisation guidelines, but seems to focus on mods specifically?
Callum_TaleWorlds said:
Permissions

The only accepted methods to prove you have permission to use any assets (mods, maps, game modes, scripts, models, textures, or any other additional content) or intellectual property are:
• Letter (physical or scanned)
• Email
• A post or a reported personal message on our official forums

Letters, emails, forum posts or reported personal messages should be from the owner(s) of any assets or intellectual property and they should clearly state that you have their permission to use their creation. Screenshots are not an acceptable form of proof.
Because if we have to take this into account, we'll have to have the guys from Hispania post on the forums about it to conform to these guidelines.

Maroon said:
To what extent do these guidelines apply to this list? It's part of the server monetisation guidelines, but seems to focus on mods specifically?
Callum_TaleWorlds said:
Permissions

The only accepted methods to prove you have permission to use any assets (mods, maps, game modes, scripts, models, textures, or any other additional content) or intellectual property are:
• Email

Letters, emails, forum posts or reported personal messages should be from the owner(s) of any assets or intellectual property and they should clearly state that you have their permission to use their creation. Screenshots are not an acceptable form of proof.
Because if we have to take this into account, we'll have to have the guys from Hispania post on the forums about it to conform to these guidelines.

The forum thread https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,290412.0.html says this mod includes open source

The clarification was just to confirm that this only related to its code, which is part of the mod’s download.

NPC99 said:
The forum thread https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,290412.0.html says this mod includes open source

The clarification was just to confirm that this only related to its code, which is part of the mod’s download.

Cool, that clear that one up. I'm also curious about the list in general though.

Maroon said:
Callum_TaleWorlds said:
Permissions

• Email

You might want to read through this thread from earlier in the year. https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,374313.0.html

Back
Top Bottom